David Haye - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Surprised there's no thread on the fight at the weekend.

David Hayes comments over the last few days have been unbelievable. We all know they have a bit of panto to generate interest, but Hayes comments go way beyond any sort of decency!

Id always thought he was ok, in spite of his arrogance, but what a scumbag!

If you said some of this stuff online, certainly in a football context (e.g. On here) you'd be getting a knock on the door from plod!

http://talksport.com/boxing/david-haye-v-tony-bellew-something-horrific-will-happen-and-ill-be-unhappy-if-he-gets-after

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the aftermath of Mike Towell's death and Nick Blackwell's life threatening injuries, you'd have thought that, at least in the short term, UK fighters would've maintained some sort of decency. 

Instead we get comments about "putting him to sleep", "doing a real number on him", "really hurting him" and "cave in the skull" of Bellew from Haye. 

Gutter comments from Haye that demean boxing. I'll be avoiding this fight. Hopefully the Boxing Board of Control don't live to regret sanctioning this fight. 

3 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Based on those comments, a decent boxing community would stop the fight from ever taking place. 

Why? We're all now talking about it, more will watch it, more money will be made. 

All that's missing is Haye eating a pie during one of the rounds ?

13 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

Why? We're all now talking about it, more will watch it, more money will be made. 

All that's missing is Haye eating a pie during one of the rounds ?

Talking about caving someone's skull in before a fight in a sport were people have died or been seriously hurt isn't great, regardless of how much money it makes. 

I've no idea why boxing is so popular. There must be other 'sports' where men can show off how macho, fit and stong they are without knocking lumps out of each other. David Hayes comments may be repulsive but at least he's not a hypocrite .  I dont expect I will get much agreement on a predominantly male messageboard right enough ?

7 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I've no idea why boxing is so popular. There must be other 'sports' where men can show off how macho, fit and stong they are without knocking lumps out of each other. David Hayes comments may be repulsive but at least he's not a hypocrite .  I dont expect I will get much agreement on a predominantly male messageboard right enough ?

People enjoy violence and competition. It's not really hard to understand surely?

Two fairly unlikeable chaps, not sure who I want to lose the least yet. 

22 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

People enjoy violence and competition. It's not really hard to understand surely?

Two fairly unlikeable chaps, not sure who I want to lose the least yet. 

Not everyone enjoys  violence. I can sit and watch pretty violent things on TV and wince, but I know it is only pretend. When I see a real boxing match I just cannot understand the baying spectators , egging the fighters on like some sort of medieval circus. It baffles me why women in particular enjoy this . And I am more blokish than most women ?

I do agree that they deserve each other right enough. 

1 minute ago, TDYER63 said:

Not everyone enjoys  violence. I can sit and watch pretty violent things on TV and wince, but I know it is only pretend. When I see a real boxing match I just cannot understand the baying spectators , egging the fighters on like some sort of medieval circus. It baffles me why women in particular enjoy this . And I am more blokish than most women ?

I do agree that they deserve each other right enough. 

No not everybody enjoys violence, but lots of people do. I don't like classical musical, for example, but understand that other people will because not all humans are the same.

Doesn't really make much of a difference whether they're male or female I don't think, some lassies hate fighting but others get turned on by it. Different strokes as they say.

6 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

No not everybody enjoys violence, but lots of people do. I don't like classical musical, for example, but understand that other people will because not all humans are the same.

Doesn't really make much of a difference whether they're male or female I don't think, some lassies hate fighting but others get turned on by it. Different strokes as they say.

I understand that different people like different things, its why people like violence i dont understand. I find it hard to understand why people enjoy watching others hurt each other.  I dont like rap music but realise rap music isnt going to actually hurt anyone .  Unless of course someone takes it too literally and goes mad gangsta and shoots up an entire town.....

But I know what you are saying. 

Caught some of the interview on sky between haye and bellow and from what I seen bellow came across as a bit of an idiot with a massive chip on his shoulder. He was going nuts because haye didn't remember sparing with him over 14 years ago. Haye was saying sorry and trying to explanation he has sparred with so many boxers he doesn't remember each and everyone but bellow was going on about even then haye was being hyped up to be big but he had to work his way there. Just sounded like a wee kid in a strop

Bellew must have a tax bill to pay.....he's got no business being in the ring with an established heavyweight. It's an Eddie Hearn stitch up.......and the folk paying to watch it on box office are being taken for the ride. Haye inside 4. The preflight comments are all part of the sell.......