Glasgow summer sessions - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Glasgow summer sessions

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

Just got tickets for Eminem at belahouston park. 

Is transport back to the city centre readily available from this area? Just looking into hotels now,so trying to find the best option. 

Thanks in advance. 

If you choose to drive back to Aberdeen instead, I'll take a lift :ok:

36 minutes ago, deecie said:

If you choose to drive back to Aberdeen instead, I'll take a lift :ok:

That was almost a plan after a workmate got tickets also,but my boss has a heart and we're both getting it off. 

Hes got a stagger the next day,so he may take you. 

I'll tell him to meet you at the entrance when it's finished. 

44 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Easily walkable.

You've clearly never tried walking with my wife when she's pished. 

28 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I'm almost tempted to go to this but assume it'll end up being a massive NedFest so think I'll give it a miss.

It wasn't as bad as I thought as it was going to be last time,there were 1 or 2 fights,but I seen more people wasted and getting chucked out at a Rihanna gig a few weeks before :lol:

I've no idea who books these shows but they clearly are not very good at their job.

Id happily go and see Run The Jewels and Danny Brown, but i refuse to be surrounded by absolute whoppers who've paid money to watch a an old fud like Eminem play ass like that and other assorted guff.

20 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Also within walking distance of the Underground stations at Govan, Ibrox and Cessnock (about 20 mins) which will get you back in to town in about 5 mins.

Depends if the gig goes on to 11 you'd probably not make the last train.

You'll get a bus on Paisley Road West until a little later (although not much through the week, I think the last bus is about 23:45).

Edited by Toepoke

• 5 months later...
10 hours ago, dandydunn said:

How far is the walk back to city centre from the gig

She doesn't like being like a sardine in a bus or train. 

10 hours ago, scottincarlisle said:

Its a good hour's walk

Another option could be to walk down through Govan and across the Bells Bridge to the Exhibition Centre station.  From there you're only 2 stops and abour 3 minutes to Glasgow Central.  You could probably walk that in about 40 minutes.  You'd need to check what time the last trains were mind you.

Dandy,

I would say the easiest way walking back is to come out Bellahouston Park on to the Boulevard(you're at that side anyway). Turn left on exiting the park and walk along the Boulevard to the traffic lights. Vehicles can only go left or right but you can cross over and walk straight on along Fleurs Avenue. Once at the end of that you will see Mosspark train station(probably no chance of a train at that time). on your right. Don't turn right unless you want to go up to the Sherbrooke Hotel for a swifty. At the end of Fleurs Avenue keep going straight on across the main road. It looks like a dead end but there is a cycle path/walkway that takes you down the side of the rugby pitch at Bellahouston Academy. Just keep going and it will bring you out at a pedestrian bridge going over the M8 at the school's main entrance. Turn right at the end of the bridge and follow the path. It will bring you out on to Clifford Street at Gower Street at the old Bellahouston primary school (playground currently a car wash i think). You can't fail to see Paisley Road West. Couple of boozers there called the Park Bar and the Kensington (worth going in to wind up the locals as an Aberdeen fan). Don't get in one of the taxis there that sit in the layby outside. They will charge you three times what the actual fare is into town. You can continue walking into town or be lucky enough to catch the last buses (number 9 normally) approx 11;50pm. Hope this assists you.

COYR 

28 minutes ago, Exglasgowasc said:

Dandy,

I would say the easiest way walking back is to come out Bellahouston Park on to the Boulevard(you're at that side anyway). Turn left on exiting the park and walk along the Boulevard to the traffic lights. Vehicles can only go left or right but you can cross over and walk straight on along Fleurs Avenue. Once at the end of that you will see Mosspark train station(probably no chance of a train at that time). on your right. Don't turn right unless you want to go up to the Sherbrooke Hotel for a swifty. At the end of Fleurs Avenue keep going straight on across the main road. It looks like a dead end but there is a cycle path/walkway that takes you down the side of the rugby pitch at Bellahouston Academy. Just keep going and it will bring you out at a pedestrian bridge going over the M8 at the school's main entrance. Turn right at the end of the bridge and follow the path. It will bring you out on to Clifford Street at Gower Street at the old Bellahouston primary school (playground currently a car wash i think). You can't fail to see Paisley Road West. Couple of boozers there called the Park Bar and the Kensington (worth going in to wind up the locals as an Aberdeen fan). Don't get in one of the taxis there that sit in the layby outside. They will charge you three times what the actual fare is into town. You can continue walking into town or be lucky enough to catch the last buses (number 9 normally) approx 11;50pm. Hope this assists you.

COYR 

Aye, number 9 is your best shout.

Park Bar isn't that bad for a hun shop. Been in a few times before we play Rangers. Wouldn't go near the others!

On 18/08/2017 at 2:34 PM, Exglasgowasc said:

Dandy,

COYR 

Cheers :ok:

5 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Ha, some right oddballs around there!

Same with East End too!

I've stayed in the premier inn/travel lodge, whatever it is under the road, Paisley Road West??

I went out for a fag with an Aberdeen top on and the receptionist gave me a funny look and said "I hope you're not going any further than the front door with that on" :lol: