Scotland squad: - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland squad:

kmcca5

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BlueGaz
1 minute ago, weekevie04 said:

The Danny Wilson shouts have to be in jest, surely? He's absolutely mince. 

Be better playing me than him.

11 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Any more injury worries ? Was Morrison passed fit ? 

Who else could we call up ?

Off the top of my head the only other Scottish central defenders available are Murray Wallace, Steve Anderson, Paul Hanlon, Darren McGregor, Danny Wilson and Zak Jules.

Coll Donaldson and Mark Durnan.

And Garry Kenneth.

2 hours ago, LewisEDI said:

its interesting that Bardsley hasn't questioned why he isnt being called up as charlie adam has been in the press, adam you would have thought might have mentioned him as well when discussing this if he thought it could be feasible for him to be getting a call up as well. i don't think anyone can dispute now that he isnt getting called up for "football" reasons 

I think if you question what Strachan is doing, that's your international career over. He's best to keep quiet

Agree about Bardsley, there must be something up. Was he at Rangers when Strachan was at Celtic??

Is Adam an any better option that what we have in the squad already? Will he get game time if he gets called up now? Lucky for us our midfield is looking quite decent so its a hard one to choose whether the call up is necessary. I'm sure hes on the radar unless theres a Bardsley-like situation going on.

Edited by Shed_Tartan_Army_Yeah

16 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

Hanley, McArthur and Phillips out.

Cooper called up. 

Cooper is dreadful. 

Don't know whether to laugh or cry. Cooper is indeed dreadful. Mulgrew looks certain starter v Slovenia.

anyone listen to sportsound last night?

Stephen Pressley was one of the guests, I'm not surprised he's currently out of work. He openly admits that he's trying his best to persuade young english players from down south to play CB for Scotland. 

Whats wrong with trying some of the Scottish CB's from our own league?^?^

The current lot are not doing the job and we are failing, why not give others from our own league who are scottish and if they fail, we are no further backwards than we were before. There's nothing to lose by looking closer to home. 

Feck off strachan, Mcghee and Pressley

Edited by vanderark14

15 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Stephen Pressley was one of the guests, I'm not surprised he's currently out of work. He openly admits that he's trying his best to persuade young english players from down south to play CB for Scotland. 

To think that this clown gets paid to sit behind a desk at Hampden phoning up clubs in England asking "gonnae ask yir players if any of them have Scottish grandparents and get back tae us ?". Genius.

56 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

The current lot are not doing the job and we are failing, why not give others from our own league who are scottish and if they fail, we are no further backwards than we were before. There's nothing to lose by looking closer to home. 

Feck off strachan, Mcghee and Pressley

Yeah, that angered me too. He specifically referenced someone playing at Swansea who, from looking at their squad, i can only assume is Kyle Naughton. So isn't even a fecking centre half! 

The whole mindset of those in charge is humped. Constantly trying to tap up young foreign players, rather than trying our own youngsters who're performing well in our domestic league. 

14 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Yeah, that angered me too. He specifically referenced someone playing at Swansea who, from looking at their squad, i can only assume is Kyle Naughton. So isn't even a fecking centre half! 

The whole mindset of those in charge is humped. Constantly trying to tap up young foreign players, rather than trying our own youngsters who're performing well in our domestic league. 

Agreed.

There's probably never been such an opportune time to try these guys too; We are at rock bottom and have one of the most meaningless and least interesting friendlies in our international history tomorrow night.

Also - I think he was talking about Alfie Mawson?

Edited by ProudScot

Just now, Parklife said:

I've honestly never heard of him. 

Not a bad young central defender. Played well for Barnsley last season and has been playing first team for Swansea this season.

Doesn't appear to have played for England at any level either.

I think we have to consider him if it's true he is eligible.

2 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

I think we have to consider him if it's true he is eligible.

Seen as, according to Pressley, "he doesn't want to turn to Scotland at this stage of his career" he can get tae feck :ok: 

1 minute ago, Parklife said:

Seen as, according to Pressley, "he doesn't want to turn to Scotland at this stage of his career" he can get tae feck :ok: 

I didn't hear the broadcast so I'm just going by whats posted on here.

If that is In the case then feck him, and Sam Gallagher for that matter.

Totally different issue - What do people think about Wales calling up Harry Wilson and Ben Woodburn?

Obviously Wilsons call up at 16 was to cap him to tie him to Wales, the same as Woodburns is now at 17.

Wilson has played one game for Liverpool and Woodburn has played 7 - They are just called up because they are at a big club and eligible.

Wales are streaks ahead of us obviously but imagine the uproar if we called up 16/17 year old players who hadn't/had barely represented their club side!

Pressley's job appers to be to look for young guys in england that qualify for Scotland. I'm sure, or hope anyway, that we have people in Scotland checking on the young guys playing here, so not sure what the problem is. Apart, of course, that it is Pressley we are talking about, who must be abused at all times by the TA.  

2 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Hopefully we can unearth the next Jack McBean.

Think I seen Michael Oliver working in my local Tesco's the other day...

Had forgotten all about Jack McBean there and the fuss the that the Daily Record some were making about him a few years ago. Looks like he's back at "LA Galaxy II" having barely got any game time on loan at a really pish Coventry City team. 

Is Oliver still an SFA employee or was he booted out with Levein ?