Scotland squad: - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland squad:

kmcca5

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steven Pressley is the least interesting person ever, can you imagine his voice trying to convince anyone to do anything. He is the voice of suicide, ah well let's just get it over now.

the sooner that Strachan and his stooges are gone the better. 

3 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Steven Pressley is the least interesting person ever, can you imagine his voice trying to convince anyone to do anything. He is the voice of suicide, ah well let's just get it over now.

the sooner that Strachan and his stooges are gone the better. 

Haha he is. Counterproductive.

Imagine if Pressley somehow convinces a good player to potentially switch. Player then meets with McGhee and Strachan and is met with McGhee's lack of intelligence and football knowhow and Strachan's 'sharp wit' and arrogance and instantly begins looking into his Gibraltan ancestoral roots.

• 2 months later...
On 3/22/2017 at 8:51 AM, ProudScot said:

Also - I think he was talking about Alfie Mawson?

On 3/22/2017 at 9:16 AM, ErsatzThistle said:

Not a bad young central defender. Played well for Barnsley last season and has been playing first team for Swansea this season.

Doesn't appear to have played for England at any level either.

I think we have to consider him if it's true he is eligible.

On 3/22/2017 at 10:07 AM, weekevie04 said:

Oh no we can't!

Roll on a few years and if his career hasn't took off with England. He'll be a proud Scot and in our squads.

Interesting article with Alfie Mawson on the Guardian today :rolleyes: 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jun/12/alfie-mawson-england-under-21s-euros-swansea

“Then I got given my England tracksuit so I put it on straight away and took a photo, which I sent to my mate and said: ‘Look at this – I’ve got the kit!’

“I ended up taking loads of kit home, my mum and dad wear it all the time – they’re proud as punch. I wear it sometimes lounging around, just because it’s cool. But the best bit about being with England was singing the anthem when we were out in France. I stood there and I’ve never been so proud in my life. It was a great feeling and I remember thinking after the match: ‘This can’t be replicated. Will it really feel the same if I sing it again?’ But when I played in the Germany game, in March, it was exactly the same. And this is for the under-21s. I’m not taking that lightly bu t imagine what it would be like for the senior team.”

An embarrassment that we actually employ people dedicated to trying to get guys like him playing for Scotland.