Under 21 Squad - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Under 21 Squad

ErsatzThistle

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=2986&newsID=16828&newsCategoryID=1

What do you think ? Any potential ? A few new players anyway.

Goalkeepers

Ryan Fulton (Liverpool, loan to Chesterfield)
Devlin Mackay (Kilmarnock, loan to Berwick Rangers)
Jack Ruddy (Wolverhampton Wanderers)

Defenders

Alex Iacovitti (Nottingham Forest)
Zak Jules (Reading, loan to Motherwell)
Jamie McCart (Celtic, loan to Inverness CT)
Jordan McGhee (Hearts, loan to Middlesbrough)
Liam Smith (Heart of Midlothian)
Greg Taylor (Kilmarnock)

Midfielders

Chris Cadden (Motherwell)
Liam Henderson (Celtic)    
Stephen Mallan (St Mirren)
James Jones (Crewe Alexandra)
Dominic Thomas (Motherwell, loan Queen of the South)
Ruben Sammut (Chelsea)
Joe Thomson (Celtic, loan to Queen of the South)

Forwards

Ryan Hardie (Rangers, loan to Raith Rovers)
Jack Harper (Málaga CF)    
Oliver McBurnie (Swansea City)
Paul McMullan (Celtic, loan to Dunfermline Athletic)
Lewis Morgan (St Mirren)
Craig Wighton (Dundee)    

Nice to see Jack Harper in the squad.  Obviously a lot of hopes invested in him and then it didn't work out at Brighton so here's hoping.  I don't really no too much (anything) about a lot of the lads in the squad but am praying that one of those centre halves might step up and make a mark, must admit I'd forgotten about Jordan McGhee at Boro.

Harper has been scoring for fun since he went back to Spain, albeit at a fairly low level.

Morgan has been fantastic for St Mirren recently and will certainly move on to bigger things.

Never heard of the lad from Chelsea - anyone know anything about him?

1 minute ago, PASTA Mick said:

? @oli_mcburnie #Swansea 16/17
21 Goals?
24 Games
⚽️⚽️⚽️x1
⚽️⚽️x4
⚽️x10
?Penalties x3
?Matchwinners x9?
19⚽️ in 19 U23's?
2⚽️ in 5 Seniors https://t.co/DNOy99DngM

Is he capable of doing it for Swansea's first team ? That's the tricky bit.

There's been plenty of Scots players over the years who tore up their Under 19 leagues or reserve leagues and were found to be out of their depth when the call to the first team came.

Still, I really do wish the kid well and hope he becomes a success. We need a goalscoring striker badly.

1 minute ago, ErsatzThistle said:

There's been plenty of Scots players over the years who tore up their Under 19 leagues or reserve leagues and were found to be out of their depth when the call to the first team came.

Still, I really do wish the kid well and hope he becomes a success. We need a goalscoring striker badly.

That is the tricky bit. He seems ti be on the bench most weeks and is getting some game time. Next season will be a big one for him but I think he will do well. 

Plenty of Swansea fans seem to rate him too. 

1 minute ago, PASTA Mick said:

That is the tricky bit. He seems ti be on the bench most weeks and is getting some game time. Next season will be a big one for him but I think he will do well. 

Plenty of Swansea fans seem to rate him too. 

lets hope llorente is giving him a lot of coaching

5 hours ago, BraveheartGordon said:

Incredible that Liam Lindsey isn't in the squad, been one of the standouts in the Premiership this season and looks a good prospect, especially given our lack of central defensive options in general.

He's too old. 

8 hours ago, BraveheartGordon said:

Incredible that Liam Lindsey isn't in the squad, been one of the standouts in the Premiership this season and looks a good prospect, especially given our lack of central defensive options in general.

Think he could be selected for these games, but because he'll be too old for the upcoming tourney, they've left him out (Gemmill's policy I think)

11 hours ago, LewisEDI said:

yep, he looked kevin kyle when when i watched him

When he came on against Ukraine last year he did look a tad Bambi-ish, but he has been doing well in Swansea Youth Team in the league, and has got a few goals in the new format Johnsons Paint Trophy also.

11 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Was speaking to the Swansea fan who lives in Trnava (guy who does the LostBoyo blog) at the Slovakia game (as well as the Swansea boy who does the TravelingJack Blog who follows Swansea home & away, plus youth team matches), and they both said that all the Swansea fans see a bright future for him, especially if they do end up going down this season, and will be one for us in the future.