Are we up for this game - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Are we up for this game

bonny78

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Usually I'd be buzzing for a qualifier a few weeks in advance but my enthusiasm has been drained by the shite served up in October, as well as a few other things. 

I'm exactly the same. I'll be up for the Slovenia game next Sunday morning mind you but going to the Canada game more out of habit than anything else.

Just now, vanderark14 said:

on a par

Can't understand that at all. We still have a slim chance, I'd like to see us get out and back the team for 90 minutes and forget about grudges against the SFA and Strachan.

We won't qualify but the longer we can stay in it mathematically at least, the better.

2 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

Can't understand that at all. We still have a slim chance, I'd like to see us get out and back the team for 90 minutes and forget about grudges against the SFA and Strachan.

We won't qualify but the longer we can stay in it mathematically at least, the better.

no its not better because it means strachan is still here. He should have been sacked after Gibraltar. 

Supporting the team no matter what the SFA and the team do is part of the reason we are where are. 

Just now, vanderark14 said:

no its not better because it means strachan is still here. He should have been sacked after Gibraltar. 

Supporting the team no matter what the SFA and the team do is part of the reason we are where are. 

I agree he should have been replaced before this campaign started but I don't want us to lose games to speed up the process. That makes no sense. If he's still in a job because we're winning games, then great.

I know this isn't a popular view on here (a Scotland fans forum) but some of us still enjoy supporting the team, I don't think we should be blamed for being "where we are".

8 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

I agree he should have been replaced before this campaign started but I don't want us to lose games to speed up the process. That makes no sense. If he's still in a job because we're winning games, then great.

I know this isn't a popular view on here (a Scotland fans forum) but some of us still enjoy supporting the team, I don't think we should be blamed for being "where we are".

The fans don't and shouldn't shoulder the full blame here but the happy clappers in the support are part of the reason because they never show their displeasure at bad results, they simply plod along singing "we'll support you evermore". I realise why this is looked at as a good thing but sometimes you need to make people aware you are unhappy and what you are paying for is unacceptable.

My way of doing this is not to spend money on the next few home matches. It seems many others think the same.

11 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

The fans don't and shouldn't shoulder the full blame here but the happy clappers in the support are part of the reason because they never show their displeasure at bad results, they simply plod along singing "we'll support you evermore". I realise why this is looked at as a good thing but sometimes you need to make people aware you are unhappy and what you are paying for is unacceptable.

My way of doing this is not to spend money on the next few home matches. It seems many others think the same.

Fair enough. That's your choice and there's nothing wrong with that either.

Like I said, others see it different and still enjoy going to watch their team, doesn't make them all happy clappers or mean that they sing that shite.

2 hours ago, Reevesy said:

I agree he should have been replaced before this campaign started but I don't want us to lose games to speed up the process. That makes no sense. .

It does if it means a new manager has a few games to try things out prior to competitive games starting again. 

Just now, Parklife said:

It does if it means a new manager has a few games to try things out prior to competitive games starting again. 

But, hypothetically, if we are winning every game then we don't need a new manager. Surely the reason for replacing the current one is that he isn't winning games?

1 minute ago, Reevesy said:

But, hypothetically, if we are winning every game then we don't need a new manager. Surely the reason for replacing the current one is that he isn't winning games?

Yes, i want us to win every game. That's not going to happen though. Strachan and his team have shown their level. We know he's not getting the best of the players and hasn't done for a long time now. I just don't see that changing.

Therefore i can understand the logic that if we get pumped, we'll likely get a new manager who'll have a few free games to try things out. 

2 hours ago, Reevesy said:

Makes fairly reasonable sense actually

31 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Therefore i can understand the logic that if we get pumped, we'll likely get a new manager who'll have a few free games to try things out. 

Yes but that would come under an "every cloud" scenario. Not actively hoping we lose.

23 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Makes fairly reasonable sense actually

Wanting your own team to lose football matches doesn't make any sense. 

Absolutely no interest in these games and probably won't even watch on the TV. Too much money wasted going to see the same old rubbish. 

Anyone who thinks we've a chance to qualify is deluded. We are out. As should Strachan be. 

Best of luck against Slovenia lads. 

I think the mood on here will completely transform if Scotland manage to beat them. At least  the forum on here would be buzzing for the next few months going into the England game. 

As England is going to be a scrap I can only see a draw at best so Slovenia is definitely the easier of the two.

I know it's not 20 but we had ten years in the wilderness when our egg chasers were the darlings of the country and that was hard to stomach especially with their wankstain bandwagoners but I just can't understand how some on here will not only not support the team but refuse to watch it. :(

I don't get involved in the politics and issues with our FA, I just want to go to the matches home and away no matter who the manager is and how the team is doing.  

38 minutes ago, irish said:

know it's not 20 but we had ten years in the wilderness when our egg chasers were the darlings of the country and that was hard to stomach especially with their wankstain bandwagoners but I just can't understand how some on here will not only not support the team but refuse to watch it. 

My Irish mate who follows Cork City and has been here for 30 years hates Irish rugby with a passion. He refers to them as Hooray Henry cvnts. :lol:

Will be up for this next Sunday. If ever a win or bust game this is it. Effectively a cup final game.Win and it makes the England game meaningfull, lose and its all over and the end of WGS reign as manager. . Rest of campaign will effectively be friendlys.

Edited by Doric

Why on earth would any supposed Scotland fan not be interested in this game or not even want to watch in on TV ? Incredible. I am as depressed as the next person but supporting a team suggests 'having an interest'  as being a minimal requirement. You do not need to be a 'happy clapper' to support your team despite how bad the situation is.