Crowd for Sunday - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Crowd for Sunday

Squirrelhumper

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll watch on telly since Sunday night football is not something I want to go to. Similarly for Monday nights, etc. Take note UEFA and FIFA............you win, I've bought SKY package and will watch all internationals from my armchair but I won't sing or clap or shout or contribute one little bit to the atmosphere in Hampden on Sunday.

If this game was our preferred Saturday it would be a sell out.

Just now, Hampden View said:

Well I believe if not a sell out certainly close since its a day out as well as the game, most don't need work holidays, etc.

Lithuania was a Saturday and there was only 35k there. And we were top of the group at the time.

21 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

Lithuania was a Saturday and there was only 35k there. And we were top of the group at the time.

Indeed. There's no way it'd be a sell-out. 

3 hours ago, Hampden View said:

Well I believe if not a sell out certainly close since its a day out as well as the game, most don't need work holidays, etc.

What's the difference between a Sunday night and a Tuesday/Wednesday night?

Never heard folk moaning about those games scheduled and they were even more inconvenient than a Sunday. 

5 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

What's the difference between a Sunday night and a Tuesday/Wednesday night?

Never heard folk moaning about those games scheduled and they were even more inconvenient than a Sunday. 

Would be much easier if people told the truth and said they can't be arsed watching us because we are shite, and that their support is conditional, rather than blame prices, kick off times or whatever else.

If this was an "Italy 2007" type of game they could play it at 3am on a Tuesday morning and the place would still be full.

1 hour ago, Reevesy said:

Would be much easier if people told the truth and said they can't be arsed watching us because we are shite, and that their support is conditional, rather than blame prices, kick off times or whatever else.

If this was an "Italy 2007" type of game they could play it at 3am on a Tuesday morning and the place would still be full.

Sorry but the kick off days/times are ridiculous..... and prices are too expensive.....and we are shite...........and all 3 things are gradually getting worse.

People can use whatever reason they want to, cos there is any amount of reasons.

1 hour ago, Reevesy said:

We've been shit for about 18 years but still managed to mostly pack out Hampden until the last few years.

In those last few years all that's changed is KO times, prices etc which people are reacting too by not going.

The Italy game would have sold out at 3am on a Tuesday but that was one of the exceptions.

29 minutes ago, deso1 said:

Sorry but the kick off days/times are ridiculous..... and prices are too expensive.....and we are shite...........and all 3 things are gradually getting worse.

People can use whatever reason they want to, cos there is any amount of reasons.

Agree with the kick of times but nout the SFA can do about that, tickets prices fair enough. In saying that if we were going into Sunday top of the group with 10/12 points then there would be minimum 45k there, regardless of day & time.

2 minutes ago, bossman4 said:

Agree with the kick of times but nout the SFA can do about that, tickets prices fair enough. In saying that if we were going into Sunday top of the group with 10/12 points then there would be minimum 45k there, regardless of day & time.

Aye, if only.

53 minutes ago, bossman4 said:

But we did have better crowds at 7:45 on a Tuesday or Wednesday did we not?

Sunday at 7:45 is no excuse for not going,it's in fact a better time for most people outside of Glasgow. 

38 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

But we did have better crowds at 7:45 on a Tuesday or Wednesday did we not?

Sunday at 7:45 is no excuse for not going,it's in fact a better time for most people outside of Glasgow. 

The worst crowd I can find in recent times was Croatia at home where it was about 30,100. 

I'd hazard a guess this could be our lowest Hampden crowd for a qualifier since Latvia in 2001. 

2 hours ago, bossman4 said:

The worst crowd I can find in recent times was Croatia at home where it was about 30,100. 

I'd hazard a guess this could be our lowest Hampden crowd for a qualifier since Latvia in 2001. 

I never said anything about that though. I'm merely stating that the ko day/time isn't an excuse not to go. 

Im not going because I'm fed up paying through the nose to watch shite,if people want to use Sunday night as an excuse,them fair enough,but it's not a good enough one for me. 

17 hours ago, Hampden View said:

I'll watch on telly since Sunday night football is not something I want to go to. Similarly for Monday nights, etc. Take note UEFA and FIFA............you win, I've bought SKY package and will watch all internationals from my armchair but I won't sing or clap or shout or contribute one little bit to the atmosphere in Hampden on Sunday.

If this game was our preferred Saturday it would be a sell out.

No it wouldn't, just the same as our last saturday game had 15,000+ empty seats.

The general negativity and moaning is tragic.

I think the word 'support' is missed on some people, particularly when it comes to your country given the amount of home games they play in the year.  With football you aren't going to be 'entertained' and enjoy magical moments all the time but our support enhances the chance of that happening.

The only excuse I accept is if its not financially viable especially those with families etc but even then there are vast amounts of people who could do it but won't.  Sadly they will be the same folk clambering for an England ticket should we win on Sunday.

If you aren't going then fine but don't come on here or any other social media outlets berating and belittling the occasion for others who are bothering their arse to make an effort.  Its a big game on Sunday and a decent result tonight will raise spirits despite its 'irrelevance'.

1 minute ago, BRAVELANEY1 said:

If you aren't going then fine but don't come on here or any other social media outlets berating and belittling the occasion for others who are bothering their arse to make an effort.  Its a big game on Sunday and a decent result tonight will raise spirits despite its 'irrelevance'.

I'll do what the feck i want, Dad.