Crowd for Sunday - Page 2 - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Crowd for Sunday

Squirrelhumper

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, BRAVELANEY1 said:

The general negativity and moaning is tragic.

I think the word 'support' is missed on some people, particularly when it comes to your country given the amount of home games they play in the year.  With football you aren't going to be 'entertained' and enjoy magical moments all the time but our support enhances the chance of that happening.

The only excuse I accept is if its not financially viable especially those with families etc but even then there are vast amounts of people who could do it but won't.  Sadly they will be the same folk clambering for an England ticket should we win on Sunday.

If you aren't going then fine but don't come on here or any other social media outlets berating and belittling the occasion for others who are bothering their arse to make an effort.  Its a big game on Sunday and a decent result tonight will raise spirits despite its 'irrelevance'.

No they won't be. 

I've said I'm not going back until things improve drastically/Strachan goes. 

Sunday wont change that at all,Ive a golf competition on the day of the England game and so far,I haven't been able to giveaway an England ticket. 

7 hours ago, BRAVELANEY1 said:

I think the word 'support' is missed on some people, particularly when it comes to your country given the amount of home games they play in the year.  With football you aren't going to be 'entertained' and enjoy magical moments all the time but our support enhances the chance of that happening.

The only excuse I accept is if its not financially viable especially those with families etc but even then there are vast amounts of people who could do it but won't.  Sadly they will be the same folk clambering for an England ticket should we win on Sunday.

If you aren't going then fine but don't come on here or any other social media outlets berating and belittling the occasion for others who are bothering their arse to make an effort.  Its a big game on Sunday and a decent result tonight will raise spirits despite its 'irrelevance'.

Oh dear. You wanting to play a game of "I'm more Scottish than you" or maybe "I've been to more games than you"............

23 hours ago, BRAVELANEY1 said:

Hope you had a great time and no one spoiled it for you with their negativity!! What a wonderful performance! It must've been wonderful to see up and coming striker Chris Martin (who i'm sure has always dreamed of playing for Scotland) get a run out to show what he can do? How was top young full-back Lee Wallace? I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do in the coming years! 

IN GORD WE TRUST!! 

On 22/03/2017 at 8:20 AM, Squirrelhumper said:

I can only assume these folk moaning only started watching Scotland in the 90s. Saturday 3pm qualifiers are a fairly new thing, we managed decades beforehand playing these games midweek.

Just an excise IMO.

Sorry for not following Scotland before I was born.

18 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

I've always said that the proper Scotland men come from the west coast.

Wrong. It's the South Coast. True Scotland men come from Gosport, like Matt Ritchie. 

The strange thing for me, is I just started going back after not bothering for 5 years. Renewed SSC membership went out to Bratislava, Wembley, meeting up with neebs I used to go with way way back. ( 1st game a midweek win against Denmark I think, around 1975 I was plooky teenager, wearing white skinners to Hampden not a good idea, mind the red stoor) Then all the great trips and world cups / Euros....So now it is a catch up and day out. 17 of us on Sunday and most are going to Lithuania. The fitba is dire, but just waiting for those rare special moments make it all worthwhile...I think !

We have a lot of masochists thats for sure but for some to accuse those who have followed Scotland for 20/30/40 years and are simply scunnered by whats been happening as not being supporters is pathetic. Its hurt thats driving people to take decisions they never thought they would.

prices, kick off times and a clueless way forward administered by an SFA who have proven over and over they just don't seem to have the ability to change direction would test the best of resolves.

Just now, TartanTon said:

We have a lot of masochists thats for sure but for some to accuse those who have followed Scotland for 20/30/40 years and are simply scunnered by whats been happening as not being supporters is pathetic. Its hurt thats driving people to take decisions they never thought they would.

prices, kick off times and a clueless way forward administered by an SFA who have proven over and over they just don't seem to have the ability to change direction would test the best of resolves.

I have no problem with people not attending, nobody is obligated to, but it should work both ways.

Folk on here have actually been critical of people for going to support the team, calling them happy clappers etc. Laughable.

On ‎22‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 0:07 PM, dandydunn said:

No they won't be. 

I've said I'm not going back until things improve drastically/Strachan goes. 

Sunday wont change that at all,Ive a golf competition on the day of the England game and so far,I haven't been able to giveaway an England ticket. 

The England game will sell out easily irrespective of you're personal circumstances, maybe clambering to get tickets was a bit OTT from me.

21 hours ago, Hampden View said:

Oh dear. You wanting to play a game of "I'm more Scottish than you" or maybe "I've been to more games than you"............

Nope, not sure why I would want to do that, I go to nowhere near as many games as others, just don't get on a massive downer and stay away from games when my team isn't playing well?

5 hours ago, Parklife said:

Hope you had a great time and no one spoiled it for you with their negativity!! What a wonderful performance! It must've been wonderful to see up and coming striker Chris Martin (who i'm sure has always dreamed of playing for Scotland) get a run out to show what he can do? How was top young full-back Lee Wallace? I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do in the coming years! 

IN GORD WE TRUST!! 

the only people that can spoil my time for 90mins is the players and yes it wasn't a great performance or game, you are completely missing my point, its the negativity and non attendance of those fans almost suggesting going at all is a waste if time.

Other than the football it was an excellent night!

13 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

I have no problem with people not attending, nobody is obligated to, but it should work both ways.

Folk on here have actually been critical of people for going to support the team, calling them happy clappers etc. Laughable.

That was essentially the point i was making Reevesy, if people don't go then of course thats their decision but bordering on belittling those who do and essentially trying to put off others (and people can form opinions based on comments) isn't really helping the situation.

2 hours ago, Reevesy said:

I wouldn't criticise people for following their country regardless of results but i have criticised the 'happy clappers' who no matter how low we go never criticise anything. (oh, and i did have a pop at the clapping of the team in Faro. The team, in my opinion, simply never deserved any sorts of plaudits, They failed, and it was a miserable capitulation and in my personal opinion it would have been better if fans just left quietly)

We Gord has made much of that night in faro, and he has used it to promote the fable that Scotland fans are behind him when in fact its pretty divided.

Its another argument whether he stays or goes, but i have no doubt he committed to staying off the back of that reception. lets just say my language was not a garden of roses after that campaign. I believe when criticism is due its people's right to express it.

8 hours ago, BRAVELANEY1 said:

That was essentially the point i was making Reevesy, if people don't go then of course thats their decision but bordering on belittling those who do and essentially trying to put off others (and people can form opinions based on comments) isn't really helping the situation.

This game either gets us back in it and makes the England game meaningfull or puts us out of the equation completely. A big crowd and atmosphere would lift the team enormously. Sadly most Scots fans want the team to fail on Sunday to get the manager out. This is a huge game and if the stadium is half empty and the team flop well the TA will have played their part in our downfall. So much for the best fans in the World.If we fail on sunday yes I agree the manager will have to go and I am sure he will walk. Lets get behind the team on Sunday.