Team for Slovenia - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Team for Slovenia

er yir macaroon

11 hours ago, stevenmcn said:

That's what has held us back the most during the Strachan years. We seem more concerned about not losing than winning. It's an attitude you only really see in the supposed "lesser nations" these days.

we have been a lesser nation for some time

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gordon

Anya.      Martin.      Mulgrew.   Robertson

Brown 

Burke.                                          Fraser 

Armstrong. Snodgrass 

Griffiths 

ultra attacking and goals from everywhere in the front 5. 

44 minutes ago, Bino's said:

one of papers reckons Ritchie wide right Forrest wide left

both so they can cut in

it's going to be a long night

Plenty of booze will be needed pre match if that's our wingers for tonight. 

1 hour ago, bossman4 said:

BBC saying it'll be Tierney at right back, Griffiths up front. 

I'd probably be happy with that, although it's hard on Tierney as when has he done this at any real competitive level? 

Hope the boy has a good game. Don't want him blamed for a manager that can't pick natural right backs. 

Really hoping it's not Fletcher or Martin up front as they're shite but Griffiths hasn't been playing so will be tough on him too. 

Strachan really is a useless chunt. 

2 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Burke not even on the bench.

I hope we get beaten tonight. Get rid of this khunt.

Don't disagree with the sentiment of your post but Burke was absolutely rank the other night. On that showing he'll be no loss.

It's same old same old from Strachan. Nothing new, the man is frightened to try players who are 'new' even if they are on form. He also loves playing players out of their positions.

Armstrong excepted but he could hardly ignore.

Edited by macy37

8 minutes ago, Marky said:

Don't disagree with the sentiment of your post but Burke was absolutely rank the other night. On that showing he'll be no loss.

Yeah. It's always good to give a young player one chance in a friendly and then jettison him totally. Great man management ? 

I'm not saying that Parklife.

I'm just saying he was garbage the other night and on that showing he won't be a loss. Hardly a bold statement.

For what it's worth I think you're right that dropping him completely seems to be scapegoating him which Strachan did in the last round of matches too. 

Ultimately the most frustrating thing is that when the squad was announced there was some new faces in there, particularly on the attacking front which grabbed my attention, but through a number of different factors including injury and Strachan being Strachan, we have a pretty uninspiring line up of players who have all failed previously, with a few notable exceptions.

Slovenia are a decent side and an argument could certainly be made for them having the best goalkeeper in world football at the moment. It will be all huff and puff from us hoping that something happens rather than making it happen and in the end I think Slovenia will have too much nous for us, 1-0 to the visitors.

Edited by Mox

1 minute ago, Marky said:

I'm not saying that Parklife.

I'm just saying he was garbage the other night and on that showing he won't be a loss. Hardly a bold statement.

For what it's worth I think you're right that dropping him completely seems to be scapegoating him which Strachan did in the last round of matches too. 

Every single player was crap the other night. 

Strachan is doing exactly that. Two keepers on the bench but no Burke. Just GTF you arrogant little wh@nk. 

4 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Strachan is doing exactly that. Two keepers on the bench but no Burke. Just GTF you arrogant little wh@nk. 

Disagree with the first part of your post but not the second.

I thought a couple of players got pass marks the other night. Particularly Cairney. As a rule I thought the rest of the team were just unremarkable. I'd say Martin and Burke were remarkable in their pishness.

23 minutes ago, GordyA88 said:

Is Fraser injured Aswell? What was the point in calling Cooper up? 

Aye, Fraser has a knee injury, unfortunately. 

Goodness knows why Burke isn't on the bench.  To my mind he's the ideal impact player.

9 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I think the keeper thing is a rule, I'm sure someone told me that. Could be shite though.

Why wouldn't he at least test Tierney or Robertson on the wrong side, just for a half the other night? Madness

26 minutes ago, Kirk said:

I think the keeper thing is a rule, I'm sure someone told me that. Could be shite though.

Why wouldn't he at least test Tierney or Robertson on the wrong side, just for a half the other night? Madness

Exactly this. He could of gave them both a half each at RB against Canada