Team for Slovenia - Page 13 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Team for Slovenia

er yir macaroon

2 minutes ago, Kirk said:

Realistically i did want them to win, but it just gets to me how Strachan has got away with being so shite and then this win gives him a by for what will probs be another failed campaign. 

Positives, Tierney came on to a good game, looked a bit uncomfy at first but that's understandable. Griffith's gave good movement and chasing down, should have scored but was unlucky. And sadly got injured from a poor tackle/assault from the keeper. Armstrong made a solid enough debut faded in and out a bit but overall good performance. Snoddy was poor again. Wish Rhodes and Cairney had got on but we got there in the end. Poor from fans booing Martin, as much as i don't rate him i wouldn't have stood and booed. 

We shall see what happens

Suspect they were booing Strachcans choice of sub rather than sub himself.

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, mariokempes56 said:

Yeah I'd hope that too, just comes across really harsh when watching it

5 minutes ago, mariokempes56 said:

Agreed. I'm not great on booing your own team, obvious lack of effort might be justified but can hardly be accused of that before setting foot on the pitch.

21 minutes ago, deso1 said:

Lets hope we get a strong defensive performance v England.............Strong defensively always gives you a chance.

Anyone not happy about keeping our slim hopes alive must be mental.

We have had 1 bad result(3poor perfomances) but only 1 unexpected result.

England have had 1

Slovakia have had 1.

So where is the big disaster?

2 bad results. Lithuania draw and Slovakia defeat. We are still in it unbelievably, but we have a chance ( not gonna happen tho) 

30 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

For me, Tierney is a stand out...  snodgrass off form...  unconvinced griffiths and Forrest are good enough.

I'm totally convinced Forrest isn't good enough.

36 minutes ago, faircity said:

The ##### doing the interview there is a disgrace. 

couldn't agree more mate. I don't rate martin either but he's just scored a winner in a wcq that if he hadnt erd be out yet the ##### journalist kept asking him about being booed. should have been praising him to high heavens .

Thought it was our best performance from a while. Totally dominated the game and deserved to win. Should have been far more comfortable than it was. 

Slovenia played for a draw.  They had a man booked for time wasting after about 20 minutes. 

Armstrong played well for me as did Robertson and I thought Tierney was outstanding on the wrong side. Showed his class. Fair play to big Chris Martin also. 

Anyone who didn't want us to win that, are you even a fan? I wanted Strachan gone after Slovakia but I'll be delighted if he turns it about and proves me wrong.  

Armstrong was superb.  Deserved MOTM.  

Tierney also an asset. 

Loved Brown's celebrations after the whistle.   Pure passion.   I think he may have meant the stamp though.  Hope it doesn't get reviewed...  do Internationals get referred to panels like domestic fitba'? 

8 minutes ago, GordyA88 said:

Thought it was our best performance from a while. Totally dominated the game and deserved to win. Should have been far more comfortable than it was. 

Slovenia played for a draw.  They had a man booked for time wasting after about 20 minutes. 

Armstrong played well for me as did Robertson and I thought Tierney was outstanding on the wrong side. Showed his class. Fair play to big Chris Martin also. 

Anyone who didn't want us to win that, are you even a fan? I wanted Strachan gone after Slovakia but I'll be delighted if he turns it about and proves me wrong.  

:ok::ok:

Didn't expect us to but we genuinely played well...0-0 would have been a horrible reflection on the game. 

Armstrong clearly MOTM, gives us that extra drive and precision we've been missing in midfield. And Tierney was impressive at right back, can't believe he's 19.

We can improve personnel wise too, Cairney is a better player than Morrison and Fraser than Forrest. 

Those two in for the England game please Gordon. I'd like him to persist with Griffiths too, hopefully he gets some starts and goals in the run in. 

Don't know if Slovenia  are pish (recent stats say there no a bad team) or that was a good performance Armstrong n Tierney played well I really enjoyed the match  for the 1st time in a long while we left hampden smiling I'm sure there will be someone on here tellin me we still won't qualify that might be the case but it might also be the case that maybe You should stay away ya jona lol

7 hours ago, GordyA88 said:

Anyone who didn't want us to win that, are you even a fan? .  

Great performance and result and I thought they all played well. Special praise for the four you mention and Brown though. Experience of playing in front of a hostile crowd will be good for Chris Martin if selected for away games. A couple of days ago I was going to post on here asking if anyone was aware of a Scotland supporters website. Hopefully this will become one again.

After the run we have been through surely apathy and disillusionment has to be expected. People have followed us blindly through thick and thin for many years and there naturally comes a time when enough is enough. They still genuinely want Scotland to win but the belief erodes after morale sapping performances and losses.

37 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

After the run we have been through surely apathy and disillusionment has to be expected. People have followed us blindly through thick and thin for many years and there naturally comes a time when enough is enough. They still genuinely want Scotland to win but the belief erodes after morale sapping performances and losses.

Glad it came off tonight but I'm still sitting out of the England game. For me I just can't see us getting the results we need. 

Hope im wrong though. 

3 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

It was a disaster if we're wanting to be serious about qualifying.

And the fact that Slovakia were piss poor and still managed to hammer us by 3 goals.