Westminster Attack ? - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG I was in London a few years ago. I have no idea what is going on there but that could so easily have been me.

#prayforme

I need to find some strangers to hug and sob with. Change my avatar to Big Ben.

Edited by neil r

3 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Explosions reported too.

I think that's more likely to be the car crash.

Obviously the problem with these emerging stories is a lack of facts and too much supposition which I'm just going to add to.

Looks like the attacker has driven over Westminster Bridge at speed, taking some pedestrians out, crashed into the fence opposite Portcullis House, got out the car, attacked a police officer and was pretty quickly shot by other armed police. 

Mr Sikorski, a senior fellow at Harvard Centre for European Studies, told the BBC: "I heard what I thought what I thought was just a collision and then I looked through the window of the taxi and someone down, obviously in great distress.

"Then I saw a second person down, and I started filming, then I saw three more people down,

maybe i'm wrong but this doesn't sit well.  imagine the first thing you do is start filming...

Thoughts with the victims.

17 minutes ago, neil r said:

OMG I was in London a few years ago. I have no idea what is going on there but that could so easily have been me.

#prayforme

I need to find some strangers to hug and sob with. Change my avatar to Big Ben.

?

Just now, BlueGaz said:

Watching Twitter, why would your first reaction not be to run away, not be to help, but to film?  Don't get it.

totally agree.  can't think how i'd react; would like to think you'd help, but in reality who knows. .. but to start filming?  who does that?

4 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

totally agree.  can't think how i'd react; would like to think you'd help, but in reality who knows. .. but to start filming?  who does that?

These days?  Probably more than you would think.

10 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

Sounds like that particular guy was in a black cab. Not much he can do to help.

Also, don't underestimate how important video evidence will be in the upcoming investigation. 

J

Guest BlueGaz
3 minutes ago, Bristolhibby said:

Sounds like that particular guy was in a black cab. Not much he can do to help.

Also, don't underestimate how important video evidence will be in the upcoming investigation. 

J

True, but the ones I were referring to are just of some poor soul lying on the floor.  Not much int in that.

Just thought Id post along with others to say Ive nothing new to add. Some reports on the BBC website say something and some reports elsewhere say something else.

No idea whats happening on Twatter as I dont have it let alone "watch" it.

Think this attack might be like an attack that happened before somewhere or other but can do nothing but offer poorly informed opinion , suggestion or supposition. Thats according to some reports and rumours.

Edited by neil r

16 minutes ago, Glasgowmancity said:

There was a twitter rumour earlier that the cop had been killed :(

very possibly, should have had stab vest on but obviously you can stab around that

Just now, Kirk said:

very possibly, should have had stab vest on but obviously you can stab around that

I would imagine stab vests would be standard uniform, it's being reported as a 7 or 8 inch knife, not sure where these reports are coming from though (only saying sky sources)

Can someone let me know when it is time to overlay my Facebook picture with a hologram of Big Ben please? I wouldn't want to miss out on letting everyone know how much i care about this.