Westminster Attack ? - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Serious question.

Is this actually a 'terror attack' or is this just a single deranged lunatic with a grievance who decided to use his car to run into people and then go mental with a knife ?

I know which one the authorities and media would like it to be.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Rossy said:

Serious question.

Is this actually a 'terror attack' or is this just a single deranged lunatic with a grievance who decided to use his car to run into people and then go mental with a knife ?

I know which one the authorities and media would like it to be.

How do you define a terror attack though?

1 hour ago, antidote said:

You're more than welcome to produce some of those attacks from the other side and I will condemn them as much as I condemn the ones I've posted.

I don't do twatter, I only get these from websites/threads etc, so I don't get the full picture of what has been said on the nationalist side.

If you have any copy them on this thread, or it may just looks as though your'e apologising for the unionists actions. .

tweet%202.jpeg

Tweet.jpg

Edited by Glasgowmancity

28 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

How do you define a terror attack though?

I wold presume that any physical attack of any kind would be 'terrifying' for the people directly involved.

Surely though the definition of a 'terror' attack in these circumstances should be a co-ordinated, planned event involving a 'orginisation' of some sorts.

This just seems like an unstable nutter who went off the edge. 

It's easy to kill people, if you really want to do it. Anyone can. The phrase 'terror attack'...and all it suggests....seems inappropriate in this incident though..

6 minutes ago, Rossy said:

I wold presume that any physical attack of any kind would be 'terrifying' for the people directly involved.

Surely though the definition of a 'terror' attack in these circumstances should be a co-ordinated, planned event involving a 'orginisation' of some sorts.

This just seems like an unstable nutter who went off the edge. 

It's easy to kill people, if you really want to do it. Anyone can. The phrase 'terror attack'...and all it suggests....seems inappropriate in this incident though..

The guy lying on the stretcher looked like your typical Muslim extremist to be fair ....

1 hour ago, Glasgowmancity said:

tweet%202.jpeg

Tweet.jpg

The second set of tweets are completely unacceptable.  The Wings tweet was in response to the suspension of Holyrood, I don't see anything wrong with that, I happen to think that they ultimately did the right thing but many think they should have continued in spite of what was happening at Westminster, both are equally valid positions to take.  

20 hours ago, BlueGaz said:

Watching Twitter, why would your first reaction not be to run away, not be to help, but to film?  Don't get it.

You're underestimating the importance that people put on "likes" on social media. It's an obsession for some.

Guest BlueGaz
5 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

You're underestimating the importance that people put on "likes" on social media. It's an obsession for some.

:lol:  I have shared your post to my FB. :P

Guest BlueGaz
Just now, Reevesy said:

Could you retweet if too please, I need some new followers :)

Only do Twitter for business, don't stoop that low personally.  FB FTW.

1 hour ago, Glasgowmancity said:

tweet%202.jpeg

Tweet.jpg

Like aaid said, the last tweets are totally unacceptable and should be rightly condemned by everyone.

I also agree with aaid on the wings tweet, it is not offensive.

I'm sure that the unionists offensive tweets are far more numerous to the offensive tweets from a nationalists, but this doesn't excuse the offensive tweets that do come from the nationalist side and they should rightly be bollocks for tweeting them. 

13 minutes ago, antidote said:

I'm sure that the unionists offensive tweets are far more numerous to the offensive tweets from a nationalists,

:lol: 

Wonderful. Point scoring over this. You, sir, are batshit mental. 

16 minutes ago, antidote said:

I'm sure that the unionists offensive tweets are far more numerous to the offensive tweets from a nationalists...

I was going to say you couldnt make it up but sadly, as long as antidote is around, you really dont have to.

12 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Wonderful. Point scoring over this. You, sir, are batshit mental. 

Not like you not to try and point score over anything.

Notice how you conveniently left out the rest of the sentence.

Still smarting over your stupid claims about Stu Campbell being a misogynist?

No wonder he blocked you. 

Edited by antidote

8 minutes ago, antidote said:

Still smarting over your stupid claims about Stu Campbell being a misogynist?

The claims that were proven on this thread to be correct, you mean? :lol: 

1 minute ago, neil r said:

I never said you made anything up.

What could you not make up then Neil?

Just now, Parklife said:

The claims that were proven on this thread to be correct, you mean? :lol: 

I think the TAMB jury found your claim unproven. :spin:

The comments on that Herald report (well and The Herald report itself) are embarrassingly odious.

It is basically using a terrorist attack as an excuse to have an unfounded pop at the SNP. Posters there savaging SNP for not calling a halt to the debate early enough and yet nothing mentioned of Welsh Parliament which actually carried on in session even longer. Also no mention of the LibDem MP who, even in the evening, was stewing about the debate being halted by the Westminster attacks. Pathetic - the whole report and comments attached.

Edited by Caledonian Craig

Just now, Caledonian Craig said:

The comments on that Herald report (well and The Herald report itself) are embarrassingly odious.

It is basically using a terrorist attack as an excuse to have an unfounded pop at the SNP. Posters their savaging SNP for not calling a halt to the debate early enough and yet nothiong mentioned of Welsh Parliament which actually carried on in session even longer. Also no mention of the LibDem MP who, even in the evening, was stewing about the debate being halted by the Westminster attacks. Pathetic - the whole report and comments attached.

Watch now, you'll get the correction police onto you now. :ph34r: