Canada Gemme - Page 7 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Canada Gemme

Ormond

1 minute ago, ErsatzThistle said:

I know they are favourites of a lot of people but it really is time to say goodbye to Steven Naismith (yes I know he scored) and Darren Fletcher. Not up to it anymore. Sorry but it's the truth.

Both should have went after the last campain in my opinion.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

Griffiths is the only Scottish  forward apart from kenny miller who would add any energy to that non existent forward line 

I'd much rather have Miller than Griffiths.

Guest BlueGaz
1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

Griffiths is the only Scottish  forward apart from kenny miller who would add any energy to that non existent forward line 

I would start him for those reasons, but he wasn't a positive for me tonight. 

4 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Agree with the others, but Griffiths? Nah. 

Good pass to Snodgrass before a terrible touch ruined the chance.

Great pass for Rhodes at the end, should have scored.

Closed down the keeper which led to a mistake.

He did more in 20 minutes than Martin has in 10 caps. 

8 minutes ago, JECK said:

Just can't see us winning on Sunday - there is no plan from Strachan apart from playing it about ineffectually.

Ineffectual is the exact word. 

We don't have enough players that are brave enough on the ball. Too content to play slow, safe balls and not take the game on. 

The full Celtic contingent will surely start on Sunday. 

6 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

Robertson, Cairney and Griffiths about the only positives. Maybe Anya at a push. 

Wallace, Bannan, Rhodes and Martin should go back to their clubs in the morning. 

Griffiths did absolutely hee haw, behave yourself. Cairney & Robertson were the only 2 to come away from that with any credit.

Fletcher had a couple of decent passes but made more mistakes than is acceptable.

If Strachan is determined to stick with this pretence that Chris Martin is a footballer then I give up.

Fletcher did OK - he was the only one to try a penetrating pass but far to deep against this mob. No doubt the fletcher hate squad will disagree.

Burke is a donkey at the moment. Not sure Griffiths was a positive, more a neutral.

The rest I agree with the others on here.

I think we need to accept that we have ceased to be a football nation and move to tennis while we can.

I am going to sit in a darkened room for few hours and then book a holiday in Moscow in September.

Cannot believe we can only draw with Canada. Usual defensive error for there  goal. Why the hell can't they just boot the ball clear. All the defence does is back off instead of putting in a tackle.

Martin is a joke...how he starts a game is beyond me. Burke has great pace and should be played wide to run at defenders. We know what Naismith can do (or can't do). There was no imagination from corners or free kicks.

The only few pluses were the lad from Fulham and Griffith looked eager when he came on. Being a right mug I have already got all my tickets for the qualifiers, but at this moment in time I am dreading Sunday.

No disrespect to Canada by the way, but we should be winning games like this by two or three goals.

Only plus if we lose on Sunday is that Strachan must then go or walk along with a bloke who I think has been sacked at every club he has managed, Mark Mcghee.

Only definite starter for me on Sunday from starting line up tonight would be Anya although it is likely that one of the Centre halves will start due to there being nobody else. Whole Celtic contingent will start and Ritchie possibly Morrison/Fraser if fit. Cairney is an outsider. As said above if Martin is anywhere near the team again Strachan has to go

1 minute ago, robbo cop said:

Cannot believe we can only draw with Canada. Usual defensive error for there  goal. Why the hell can't they just boot the ball clear. All the defence does is back off instead of putting in a tackle.

Martin is a joke...how he starts a game is beyond me. Burke has great pace and should be played wide to run at defenders. We know what Naismith can do (or can't do). There was no imagination from corners or free kicks.

The only few pluses were the lad from Fulham and Griffith looked eager when he came on. Being a right mug I have already got all my tickets for the qualifiers, but at this moment in time I am dreading Sunday.

No disrespect to Canada by the way, but we should be winning games like this by two or three goals.

Only plus if we lose on Sunday is that Strachan must then go or walk along with a bloke who I think has been sacked at every club he has managed, Mark Mcghee.

Who replaces him then ?

7 minutes ago, sandyb said:

Fletcher did OK - he was the only one to try a penetrating pass but far to deep against this mob. No doubt the fletcher hate squad will disagree.

Can't recall any hate being ever being displayed on here toward Darren Fletcher.

He's always been a very well liked and much admired player but who is now well past his best and who should be left aside for others to have a go.

we play the ball to feet yet our lone striker at home (another point) is a target man??? Strachan has a lot of thinking to do, and the SFA. Lower prices and get the fans in!!! They send some pish about comith the fan.... give us a chance to attend. Our team is shite, realise that

Just now, ErsatzThistle said:

Who replaces him then ?

Can't recall any hate being ever being displayed on here toward Darren Fletcher.

He's always been a very well liked and much admired player but who is now well past his best and who should be left aside for others to have a go.

You are surely not expecting Martin to start on Sunday or for that matter ever again. He is totally abysmal and always has been. Can't even get game at Fulham before a 16 year old FFS

Just now, GHfaeGTA said:

You are surely not expecting Martin to start on Sunday or for that matter ever again. He is totally abysmal and always has been. Can't even get game at Fulham before a 16 year old FFS

It's Strachan you want to direct that one at.

You know what, feck it, throw Jason Cummings in. We are screwed and might as well arse around with crazy selections for all the good it will do.

1 minute ago, robbo cop said:

Would you keep Strachan on if we lose on Sunday ?  There are a few out there who would and will do better.

Made it quite clear for the last few months I want Strachan out as soon as possible. His tactics and selections are poisoning our national team.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

Snodgrass was utterly appalling there, how someone can train every day and still be able to mis-control every second touch was quite an achievement.

Special shout out to the terrible back 4 and anyone in direct opposition to a Canada player but couldn't be bothered pressing the ball - especially against Aird in our own half.

13 minutes ago, jamboman said:

we play the ball to feet yet our lone striker at home (another point) is a target man??? Strachan has a lot of thinking to do, and the SFA. Lower prices and get the fans in!!! They send some pish about comith the fan.... give us a chance to attend. Our team is shite, realise that

That got me wondering.

Does anyone have any idea just how much money the SFA waste on PR and ad agencies to produce those glitzy web pages and promo stuff like that ?

Edited by ErsatzThistle