Lowest Point This Century - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Lowest Point This Century

kumnio

1 minute ago, BlueGaz said:

Correct.  But is it not only the fans that can do something about it?  If we don't, then we just have to accept it and plod along.

Yeh absolutely agreed. I am done with it until there is change. I don't really get the supporters who turn up regardless. I know they love match day but long term it's not helping really.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm at the stage where I didn't even realise we had games this week until someone mentioned it to me at the weekend.  A couple of years ago we'd have been buying tickets for the Slovenia game the minute they came out and the week(s) before the game would all have been building up to both the game and a cracking day out with the lads.  Now?  I've got a gig on Sunday night and won't get to see the game and I'm not really bothered.  I'll probably check my phone from time to time to see the score but other than that?  Meh.  

Just now, Fairbairn said:

I'm at the stage where I didn't even realise we had games this week until someone mentioned it to me at the weekend.  A couple of years ago we'd have been buying tickets for the Slovenia game the minute they came out and the week(s) before the game would all have been building up to both the game and a cracking day out with the lads.  Now?  I've got a gig on Sunday night and won't get to see the game and I'm not really bothered.  I'll probably check my phone from time to time to see the score but other than that?  Meh.  

Likewise FB. And while saying I don't care at the moment re games, it does hurt.

Guest BlueGaz
1 minute ago, ShedTA said:

Yeh absolutely agreed. I am done with it until there is change. I don't really get the supporters who turn up regardless. I know they love match day but long term it's not helping really.

Renewals end of this year, thats where they can be hurt financially.  Wont make a difference to home games, you will still get a ticket, but obviously that will effect away games if you dont sign up.  

6 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Renewals end of this year, thats where they can be hurt financially.  Wont make a difference to home games, you will still get a ticket, but obviously that will effect away games if you dont sign up.  

I've always managed to get a ticket for away games though even when I didn't have the points. Even the Brazil game in Paris.

20 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

Absolutely disagree. Fans like to big themselves up, but really, you've no more input into how well or other your team does than whether Scott gets together with Charlene on Neighbours.

I go to the games because it's recreation.  Wish we were better, but it's a hobby.

19 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Yeah, starve them of money.  That's what we need to improve facilities for our kids - less cash.  

22 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

Parkie it will take much more than a management change to fix our game.

Correct. However a change in management might see us have a bit belief in ourselves, pick young players with potential to improve, be more flexible tactically, actually look like a team who's been coached in tactics and team shape. 

Being a poor side isn't the issue, it s the SFA's and Strachan's negligence. 

5 minutes ago, adamntg said:

Yeah, starve them of money.  That's what we need to improve facilities for our kids - less cash.  

showing our anger by not turning up will hurt short term but it would be for the greater good long term

Guest BlueGaz
4 minutes ago, adamntg said:

Then you keep paying and keep them in place, I won't criticise you for that.  I would suggest that those in control at the moment are a bigger hinderance on our game than a supporter not paying his renewal in an attempt to make a stance.  Each to their own of course.  :ok:

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

In an experimental friendly, against a team ranked 117th in the world, the average age of our team was >29. What's the point? Depressing. 

Was a strange line up in that we won't play that team on Sunday, nor did we really try anything/anyone new.

Can't come up with anything positive we learned from it.

Just now, sbcmfc said:

Was a strange line up in that we won't play that team on Sunday, nor did we really try anything/anyone new.

Can't come up with anything positive we learned from it.

All the reserve team players he called up got a game. That seems to be about it. 

11 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Then you keep paying and keep them in place, I won't criticise you for that.  I would suggest that those in control at the moment are a bigger hinderance on our game than a supporter not paying his renewal in an attempt to make a stance.  Each to their own of course.  :ok:

Actually, I probably won't renew my SSC next time.  I can't go to away games really and tickets are easy to get for home games so it's money wasted to be honest.

But it's not a boycott or trying to make a point, I'll see be at the matches.

Guest BlueGaz
2 minutes ago, adamntg said:

Actually, I probably won't renew my SSC next time.  I can't go to away games really and tickets are easy to get for home games so it's money wasted to be honest.

But it's not a boycott or trying to make a point, I'll see be at the matches.

Why is it wasted money if you feel it will help the kids?

23 minutes ago, dan cake said:

couldnt even be bothered watching last night such is my apathy towards the national team at present 

watched the england game instead

Do they look like they'll trouble us in June? Or will it be another easy home win for us?

Oops my phone just went back in time to the 70s.......

1 hour ago, adamntg said:

Absolutely disagree. Fans like to big themselves up, but really, you've no more input into how well or other your team does than whether Scott gets together with Charlene on Neighbours.

I go to the games because it's recreation.  Wish we were better, but it's a 

Good for you Adam, you are perfectly entitled to as is your choice. But I disagree there's more chance of change if no-one turns up than if we continue to support this inept organisation.

We're at the lowest point in our history IMHO.

A rubbish bunch of clueless journeymen managed by an arrogant, self-important little ##### who is driving us over a cliff and seemingly has carte blanche to continue his reign of chaotic disaster for as long as he fancies doing it.

The management team are seemingly immune from criitcism in the press, the SFA bizarrely are happy with what's going on, and the fans look like they've given up to the extent that they can't even be arsed showing thir displeasure at the disaster folding in front of them.

And along we all merrily tottle.

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Correct. However a change in management might see us have a bit belief in ourselves, pick young players with potential to improve, be more flexible tactically, actually look like a team who's been coached in tactics and team shape. 

Being a poor side isn't the issue, it s the SFA's and Strachan's negligence. 

Agreed. And my point being there is zero chance of sfa change if we continue turning up in our tens of thousands every game.

30 minutes ago, adamntg said:

I know, that's what I'm saying.  Do you always go on at people after they've conceded your point?

He's not. He is saying why don't you just renew so you can contribute to the sfa funds, to help the kids? 

1 minute ago, adamntg said:

He's not what?  I'm acknowledging he's right, you shouldn't waste your money on an SSC membership.

But you were earlier advocating continuing to give the sfa cash to help fund the kids. He is saying in that case why not renew - it's more money for the sfa.  At least I think that's what he means.

1 hour ago, adamntg said:

Aye cos they are using the money they have so well just now. 

How's not renewing something that is worthless starving them of money? 

Edited by Squirrelhumper