Lowest Point This Century - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Lowest Point This Century

kumnio

26 minutes ago, Rossy said:

We're at the lowest point in our history IMHO.

managed by an arrogant, self-important little ##### who is driving us over a cliff and seemingly has carte blanche to continue his reign of chaotic disaster for as long as he fancies doing it.

Why is it that the Aberdeen team of the 80s had so many utter cvnts in it?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

But you were earlier advocating continuing to give the sfa cash to help fund the kids. He is saying in that case why not renew - it's more money for the sfa.  At least I think that's what he means.

And I've already said I don't really agree with what I said earlier.  Gies peace the lot of you.

5 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Aye cos they are using the money they have so well just now. 

How's not renewing something that is worthless starving them of money? 

You 'n aw.

23 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Why is it that the Aberdeen team of the 80s had so many utter cvnts in it?

To be fair, the only real cvnts in the team were Strachan and McGhee. 

The strengths that worked for them as players and made them so succesful...bloody-mindedness, arrogance, unrelenting self-belief....work against them as managers when flexibility and self-analysis is needed.. 

I think that's the fairly simple and obvious answer.

Guest BlueGaz
43 minutes ago, adamntg said:

And I've already said I don't really agree with what I said earlier.  Gies peace the lot of you.

You 'n aw.

:lol: Peace out. 

10 hours ago, McTeeko said:

I loved Vilnius last time. Tremendous strippers, all stunning Russian-types ?

One of my favourite trips despite loads of fans hating it. Maybe still see you there.....?

Is that where you picked up the moves you used in yer hot video..?

9 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Nah, we're just a shite team.  I don't think anybody else is that bothered to laugh at us TBH.

This.

I was asked more than once if i was down for a stag do at the last Wembley trip ?

Jersey Jim and I are coming back tomorrow for the Challenge Cup final on Saturday the initial plan was to stay until Monday so we could take in the Scotland game too. When we looked at the flights it would've cost us about an extra £150 to come back on the Monday rather than the Sunday, plus another night's accommodation. I can honestly say that 3 or 4 years ago that would not have been an issue. As it is, we both thought phuk that. Think that sums up where I am on Scotland at the moment.

Someone summed it up in a post last night. I still watch the games out of some inherent sense of duty, but I'm phuked if I'm spending any cash on them.

57 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

We'll win on Sunday and this will all be forgotten about.

In Gord we trust

To a certain extent the result last night is irrelevant if we win on Sunday.

However it wasn't the best use of the game, we basically played a second string the majority of whom we know what they can (and can't) do.

We also in our predicament need to do enough to win these games. (Which I realise goes against my 1st sentence)

We didn't manage any of the things we'd hope to achieve.

We didn't give the team for Sunday game time together, we didn't try anything new and we didn't even win the game.

We are no longer a laughing stock

We are whatever is beneath a laughing stock

That thing where everybody expects it and nobody cares enough to do anything about it

i am with majority this is the lowest ebb ever! I am 45 and even when some of those results against faroes,wales hungary etc I always got optimistic again quickly now ive been really down since lithuania/slovakia game and cant see any light at end of tunnel. Strachan gives playes a game as "they always turn up" well the manager in any industry has to make tough calls and he never does it. The celtic contingent will be back on sunday but there is nothing that will convince me brown is better than fletcher,tierney better than robertson,forrest better than fraser or armstrong better than cairney. I feel armstrong and cairney both need to play and Brown can F Off as what will he do if we qualify for the world cup next year (please dont laugh), will he tell the messiah rodgers that he isnt going as celtic will no doubt have a euro qualifier against some european no hopers.

I still hope we win on sunday as i will never quit supporting us but international management needs a strong figurehead and especially here when we have nonentities like rodgers/warburton et al who remember have done hee haw in their careers and every other old firm manager who tries to tell the national team manager how to do his job.

We need a born leader with enthusiasm who knows he has more kudos/success than anyone else in Scotland at the clubs or SFA next or we will have many more years of dross.

Some big Italian/Spaniard/German whos played or managed their top teams. Dont laugh and say they wont come as the might not but thats what we need. 

Lowest ebb this century?

Lowest ebb I can remember. 70s, 80s, 90s, qualified for stuff regularly.

60s - didnae qualify for stuff but had good players all the same.

50s - I wisnae born yet, can't comment.

Not only is our national team mince, there's not a great deal of hope amongst the emerging generation, our club game is ailing and those in charge of the SFA and Spiffle are clueless serial failure-monger or are bastions of self-interst.

Scottish football generally is in its worst state ever. I don't know how to fix it, either. I think we must take Rousseau's advice - 'We must cultivate our garden...' - and just keep turning up to support our clubs, whether in Spiffle 1 or the juniors or HL or wherever and hope that somehow, somewhere, sometime, things will improve, or the moneybags worlds of English Premiership/Champions League etc collapse under the weight of their own bloatedness and wee countries and wee teams get a look in again.

I'm not hopeful, though.

I honestly think we've got better players now than we've had for a while.  Certainly better than your Paul Devlin and Warren Cummings days.  We have players that are decent at Premiership or Celtic level (Snodgrass, Brown, Gordon, Naismith, Morrison) are all decent players.  We have some good young talents (Robertson, Tierney, McGinn, Armstrong).  I find the mood weird.  We have better players than we have done but we're absolutely sheeet.  

I think the game in Scotland is actually more interesting than it's been for a while as well.  Attendences are up.  Different teams winning promotion, trophies.  

It's only the mood around the national team which is murder.  I blame Strachan full square.  Incapable of changing a team, stubborn and total uninspiring.  We have players who are not playing to their capabilities.  He should have been sacked after last night.

Edited by PapofGlencoe