McLeish for next manager - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

McLeish for next manager

Bino's

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No thanks.

His career has been in freefall since he left us. He's in the same old school that Strachan, Moyes, Coyle and Souness are in...decent in the past but unable to move with the times.

If we were going with a Scottish manager my first choice would be Scott Gemmill. 

Regardless of who the New Manager is, I think it's critical that it gets made crystal clear to them that they are an International Manager now and need to think as such...

I know this sounds obvious but as others have mentioned I do feel this may be Strachan's biggest failing..

His priority seems to be not upsetting the players or their Club's , never cricising them as they're "not his players" and certainly never doing anything to risk sending them back to their clubs with any injuries...

Without wishing injury on any player, IF for instance Darren Fletcher got "a knock" after 70 mins with the score 0-0 on Sunday, you get the feeling Strachan would sub him rather than keep him on so that he's fit for West Brom's next game when he should be keeping him on the park in an allegedly critical qualifier and if that means he misses a few Club games then so be it...

1 hour ago, PASTA Mick said:

No thanks.

His career has been in freefall since he left us. He's in the same old school that Strachan, Moyes, Coyle and Souness are in...decent in the past but unable to move with the times.

If we were going with a Scottish manager my first choice would be Scott Gemmill. 

Not sure Moyes deserves to be in the same bracket. I feel he's been treated harshly since he left Everton. He didn't do himself an favours though taking over Sunderland when he did.

1 hour ago, PASTA Mick said:

No thanks.

ha ha

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Alex Neil anyone??

I was thinking that last night. If we paid him well he hopefully wouldn't jump ship when a championship team comes calling.

Any time I've heard McLeish getting interviewed recently he sounds like he's been on the bevvy.

McLeish did well in his time in charge but don't think it would be right decision to bring him back.  Very few managers do as well second time round and he's been out off management too long - having not done that well in most recent roles. No idea who'd be right man at this time - no obvious candidates.

FFS on an eve of a big game we need to win and the chat is who should replace WGS.. how about getting behind the team and the manager, being optimistic that we will get the 3 points and get us back in the mix for this group again.. a run of good results could start with a good win tomorrow then who know.. this squad with WGS at the helm is capable of winning in slovenia and Lithuania and at home against all in group, probably apart from them down south.

But we all need to keep faith get behind the team and lets see what happens..FFS guys we are behind in group but not out of it..we have had one shocking result at home and expected losses away albeit with shocking defensive performances, but things can turn around quickly in football. 

Time for the tartan army to show we are the fans we fecking claim to be.

Rant over