Boycott Mob - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Boycott Mob

Doric

8 minutes ago, Morrisandmoo said:

Absolute disgrace. But thankfully it was a minority (and not in the west stand) who mostly kept their boos to themselves for the 90minites, and let the majority support the team. Genuinely the most positive home support I've seen in years.

If the boycotters had turned up you'd have had 10000 booing rather than 1. And they would have drowned out the west stand. And we would be out this competition. 

Do not come back. 

You seem to be repeating yourself here.

The support won the game for us did it? Must've missed that, I was only watching on TV though admittedly.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't go last night for a variety of reasons, but the main one was apathy, the several others just gave me justification for th decision.

Sounded like those who did go got behind the team though, and perhaps that's what pushed them over the line.

32 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I like how you credit yourself with us winning :lol: 

You must've been fecking pish at home to Lithuania. Up your game!! 

The support vs Lithuania was pish. I think we did 'up our game' last night. And the boycott certainly seems to have helped with that.

Do not come back.

1 minute ago, Morrisandmoo said:

The support vs Lithuania was pish. I think we did 'up our game' last night. And the boycott certainly seems to have helped with that.

Do not come back.

I'll do what the fvck i want, thanks :ok: 

Well ive bewn a boycotter at hampden ever since the price hike. Used to travel up from englandshire for the games but now just go to all the away matches. Point of principle ..sfa just rippin the pish. Not one of the booers except for steven fletcher ..id boo him. 

1 hour ago, Morrisandmoo said:

Absolute disgrace. But thankfully it was a minority (and not in the west stand) who mostly kept their boos to themselves for the 90minites, and let the majority support the team. Genuinely the most positive home support I've seen in years.

If the boycotters had turned up you'd have had 10000 booing rather than 1. And they would have drowned out the west stand. And we would be out this competition. 

Do not come back. 

:lol:

Who are all these mysterious boycotters? are you just talking about people who : 

a)are currently completely disillusioned with how sh*te Scotland have been

b)pissed off at the pricing policy of the SFA, and their poor management of the game

c)Found it difficult to get to the game on a sunday night for various reasons - cos its a sh*t time for a game

or is there an official TA boycotters group?  or are you just talking sh*te?

cos if its any of the above 3 then they are perfectly entitled not to have been there last night.One half decent display against a very poor side and you are thrashing yourself at the fact you were there and other people chose not to go. FFS get a grip.

To be fair went last night will reservations. They are still there but was good to see our win. Was also good to see a strong ref.. 

Mention to the wee fella signing FOS... though he didn't do all the actions :D

Guest BlueGaz

Don't know if the atmosphere was better last night or not, than normal.  But if it was, were where they in the last few games when the atmosphere wasn't so good?  part timers.

The atmosphere to start with will be great in the next match, probably at least half down to those that weren't at the game last night.  Just saying.

1 hour ago, Reevesy said:

Agreed. We were in B1 and you felt the fans were starting to get their act together as the game went on. Not really a fan of that "Everywhere we go" song as it's generic shite sang by loads of teams, but any sort of noise was welcomed and at least it kept going on for a decent bit of time.

Aye, it's no the best. But like you say, whatever works.

14 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

just don't come back!

I'm thoroughly ashamed. I never even knew that not attending precluded me attending any games in future. :( 

Just now, Parklife said:

I'm thoroughly ashamed. I never even knew that not attending precluded me attending any games in future. :( 

Likewise. I thought I had a choice of whether to go or not. didn't realise I wouldn't be allowed back.

Could not be more serious. 

The support from the West Stand last night was outstanding, especially from 75+ minutes when it really didn't look like it was going to happen for us. 

I would rather have a small, effective support capable of lifting the team than a stadium full of 'boycotters' on the team's back from the first to the last.

If the 'boycotters' turned up last night, they would have drowned out the West stand with boos, greeting and moaning. And we would be out this competition. 

Do not come back.

Haha

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

I'll do what the fvck i want, thanks :ok: 

I'll decide.

20 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

:lol:

Who are all these mysterious boycotters? are you just talking about people who : 

a)are currently completely disillusioned with how sh*te Scotland have been

b)pissed off at the pricing policy of the SFA, and their poor management of the game

c)Found it difficult to get to the game on a sunday night for various reasons - cos its a sh*t time for a game

or is there an official TA boycotters group?  or are you just talking sh*te?

cos if its any of the above 3 then they are perfectly entitled not to have been there last night.One half decent display against a very poor side and you are thrashing yourself at the fact you were there and other people chose not to go. FFS get a grip.

It's not a mystery mate. I'm talking about everybody who was making a song and dance about boycotting Scotland games - see this forum for the last 6mths for examples. Folk that can't make the game, for whatever reason, are hardly 'boycotting'. 

Boycotters are entitled to do what they want. But the support is much better without them. So don't come back. 

It was a good performance. They are not a very poor side. 

Edited by Morrisandmoo

6 minutes ago, Morrisandmoo said:

I'll decide.

It's not a mystery mate. I'm talking about everybody who was making a song and dance about boycotting Scotland games - see this forum for the last 6mths for examples. Folk that can't make the game, for whatever reason, are hardly 'boycotting'. 

Boycotters are entitled to do what they want. But the support is much better without them. So don't come back. 

It was a good performance. They are not a very poor side. 

right, but I didn't sign up to any official boycott, so can I come back?

After the Lithuania game I was going to give this one a miss but, despite the hangover from hell from Saturday's St Mirrens game, went along. Glad I did. As others have said, best performance and atmosphere for a while. The performance probably created the atmosphere IMO, the team fighting for almost every ball from the off. Its the first game in ages where I have felt their heart was really in it. 

The West Stand were superb in their support. North Stand ( where I was) still too reserved , 3 older blokes in the row in front of me just moaning the whole game. Wtf are they wanting. I know a singing section is always met with derision on here but I would make the west stand the unofficial singing section. St Mirren had a singing section the say before and despite the defeat the fans were fantastic and kept the atmoshpere going the whole game. 

Do not come back. 

Boycotters can't turn up or they wouldn't be boycotters. Just saying ?

1 minute ago, TDYER63 said:

After the Lithuania game I was going to give this one a miss but, despite the hangover from hell from Saturday's St Mirrens game, went along. Glad I did. As others have said, best performance and atmosphere for a while. The performance probably created the atmosphere IMO, the team fighting for almost every ball from the off. Its the first game in ages where I have felt their heart was really in it. 

Same for me.  I genuinely just didn't enjoy the last few games.  Can take defeats but insipid performances from the fans and players, plus prices drove me away. Eureka moment that i didn't actually have to go if i wasn't enjoying it.  No angry boycott, just lost passion for it.

The North Stand is full of whingers.  Can barely be bothered to sing at all.  It's the ends that's where it's at.  

Fair play to the team, they were trying their best.  All you can ask.  I'll support a team that looks like they're trying their best.