Boycott Mob - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Boycott Mob

Doric

a  boycott in football, only can think of is in seria a when the ultras will organsie that an entire stand has nil people in it and a club has lost 20,000 tickets sales for a game 

there has ben no boycott for scotland

just apathy, that with the performce and result last night will hopefully reverse

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Morrisandmoo said:

I'll decide.

It's not a mystery mate. I'm talking about everybody who was making a song and dance about boycotting Scotland games - see this forum for the last 6mths for examples. Folk that can't make the game, for whatever reason, are hardly 'boycotting'. 

Boycotters are entitled to do what they want. But the support is much better without them. So don't come back. 

It was a good performance. They are not a very poor side. 

I kind of agree with this.  Our support has been piish .  At least he's calling it out for what it is.  If you can't be arsed making an atmosphere and just winge...legitimately..why go? 

Although, I think the idea of a boycott was and is for the right reasons.  The boycotters see their actions as a defiant stand for change.  The prices are shocking.  It's fair to point this out.

12 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

After the Lithuania game I was going to give this one a miss but, despite the hangover from hell from Saturday's St Mirrens game, went along. Glad I did. As others have said, best performance and atmosphere for a while. The performance probably created the atmosphere IMO, the team fighting for almost every ball from the off. Its the first game in ages where I have felt their heart was really in it. 

The West Stand were superb in their support. North Stand ( where I was) still too reserved , 3 older blokes in the row in front of me just moaning the whole game. Wtf are they wanting. I know a singing section is always met with derision on here but I would make the west stand the unofficial singing section. St Mirren had a singing section the say before and despite the defeat the fans were fantastic and kept the atmoshpere going the whole game. 

Agreed, it was a really good performance in the first half. And great to see both the supporters and the team digging deep in the last 15minutes.

Yea, there is no way this board would agree to a section where supporters could be both happy and clapping. But we should do it anyway.

Edited by Morrisandmoo

6 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Do not come back

well tbf I didn't sign up to a boycott however I did say I would not be at hampden until there were major changes. One 1-0 win v slovenia still doesn't change that.  so I guess, for a while, I wont be back.

Just now, ShedTA said:

well tbf I didn't sign up to a boycott however I did say I would not be at hampden until there were major changes. One 1-0 win v slovenia still doesn't change that.  so I guess, for a while, I wont be back.

Sorry but i think morrisandmoo would like some more official confirmation that you definitely won't be back please?

5 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Sorry but i think morrisandmoo would like some more official confirmation that you definitely won't be back please?

at the moment I wont be back. is that ok?

but I might be. well maybe if I feel like it. can I do that ? will I be allowed back?

50 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I'm thoroughly ashamed. I never even knew that not attending precluded me attending any games in future. :( 

Well now you do.

However, as a proper Scotland man, I might be able to sort something out for you.

3 hours ago, Morrisandmoo said:

Could not be more serious. 

The support from the West Stand last night was outstanding, especially from 75+ minutes when it really didn't look like it was going to happen for us. 

I would rather have a small, effective support capable of lifting the team than a stadium full of 'boycotters' on the team's back from the first to the last.

If the 'boycotters' turned up last night, they would have drowned out the West stand with boos, greeting and moaning. And we would be out this competition. 

Do not come back.

I hope they all come back just to annoy you.

1 hour ago, Reevesy said:

Well now you do.

However, as a proper Scotland man, I might be able to sort something out for you.

19 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

That's the only reason I go.

Well that and pin badges.

Thanks for sorting that for me. I'll get you a new feather for your Glengarry, as a way of thanking you. 

Just now, Parklife said:

Thanks for sorting that for me. I'll get you a new feather for your Glengarry, as a way of thanking you. 

Get me a new Glengarry too then please, my first one is full now :)

23 minutes ago, they've_been_suckered said:

This thread is ridiculous. 

People don't go to game because team have been consistently awful to watch/Sunday/Mother's Day/£40 a ticket  

Team has one off good game, chances still hanging by a thread.

Those who went now exhibiting one-upmanship. :huh:

Bit unfair. Cant really see where I am exhibiting one-upmanship. Went along and surprisingly enjoyed it. 

27 minutes ago, they've_been_suckered said:

This thread is ridiculous. 

People don't go to game because team have been consistently awful to watch/Sunday/Mother's Day/£40 a ticket  

Team has one off half a good game, chances still hanging by a thread.

Those who went now exhibiting one-upmanship. :huh:

More accurate ;)

3 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

There's 101 reasons why people didn't go last night, many of us will possibly put them aside for the England game, but a 1-0 victory over Slovenia at home isn't really a game changer.

I'm not so sure about that. I think last night we were 2 minutes away from the England game not selling out.

Upwards of £45 for a dead rubber match would have been a hard sell, even if it was against England.

25 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

I'm not so sure about that. I think last night we were 2 minutes away from the England game not selling out.

Upwards of £45 for a dead rubber match would have been a hard sell, even if it was against England.

Oh yeah, id say a dead rubber is probably harder to sell than a friendly, and the friendlies haven't sold out, although the one at parkhead had more than you could fit in Hampden.

4th game v England in the last 4 years or so too after 14 years not playing them. so doesn't quite have the same novelty as recent games. We've played them in Glasgow and played them in a competitive game recently.

8 minutes ago, Hobta83 said:

The game now has real meaning which will add to the atmosphere and general feeling on the day. If we can sneak another win  it may boost the crowds for the following 2 home games.

nah, I'm boycotting. anyone else?