Standing at games - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Standing at games

robbo cop

1 hour ago, neil r said:

The folk who bought tickets and wanted to sit in their allocated seats are the "steamers" in this scenario?

1 hour ago, neil r said:

Try typing in a less unambiguous manner. Not in the manner of an aspiring kickboxer.

56 minutes ago, neil r said:

Aye I supposed a few lines might have made it clearer.

And the word you want is unambiguous. Wouldnt want you looking like a complete idiot.

Nae bother though Champ.

26 minutes ago, neil r said:

Profuse apologies. For reasons unknown I was thinking if equivical and unequivical. Fck knows why.

However the point still stands that if the coke snorting "idiot" and want to be kickboxer was clearer in his post there would be no confusion.

19 minutes ago, neil r said:

"A bit of a moron".

From a junkie.

Nae bother.

13 minutes ago, neil r said:

You're only embarrassing yourself. 

From a junkie.

Nae bother

What an embarrassing sequence of posts. :lol: 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

I hate sitting down at matches.

If you want to sit down, buy a ticket for a part of the stadium which will be full of other folk wanting to sit down.

Totally agree. The addition of a decent sized, safe standing area at Hampden would solve the issue.

2 minutes ago, northernscum said:

Totally agree. The addition of a decent sized, safe standing area at Hampden would solve the issue.

It wouldn't be allowed by UEFA/FIFA for internationals I wouldn't think, but for all intents and purposes most of the North stand is already an unsafe standing section anyway.

:lol:

Buying a ticket there and complaining about folk standing, is like buying a ticket in the family section and complaining about all the kids.

Edited by sbcmfc

2 minutes ago, Langtonian said:

Hampden Park is an all seater stadium.If someone is standing in front of you ask them to sit down.If he/ they refuses report it to a steward if he does diddly squat report it to the polis.If they do diddly squat report it to the SFA

Yeah and we can all hold hands, sing kumbaya and help start a movement for world peace at the same time. 

44 minutes ago, Langtonian said:

Hampden Park is an all seater stadium.If someone is standing in front of you ask them to sit down.If he/ they refuses report it to a steward if he does diddly squat report it to the polis.If they do diddly squat report it to the SFA

The support is crap enough as it is.  Imagine if we're all browbeaten to sit down.

Plenty of areas where the done thing is to sit.  And everyone and their granny knows the areas people stand at.  It's part of the game and creates an atmosphere.

If you really don't like it, i'm sure the SFA would be accommodating to move to anothe rpart of the ground.

That escalated quickly......

Anyway. I started to avoid North stand cos of zoomers and "steamies" and plonked myself in the genteel south stand with the beige flat cap wearing brigade. I can sit doon and get a decent view without jooking round a fifty foot glengarry feather or get into arguments with zoomers sitting in my paid for seat......

7 hours ago, robbo cop said:

Don't know how the rest of you feel about this but every Scotland game I have been to recently I have stood the entire 90 minutes and to be perfectly honest the price I have paid for season tickets it pisses me off. Stood all night at Lithuania game, England away, and then last night in the North stand. Have complained before to SFA and supposed to be the stewards were going to be asking the still small minority of fans to sit down,but this never happens. We are not all youngsters who can stand all night. Even an annouchment prior to kick off may help. That's my moan over with.

there used to be terraces where everybody stood

and if you were and old codger you went into the 'stand'

7 hours ago, deecie said:

Really enjoyed sitting on the sofa for last nights match. Would recommmend it.

I sat in my "snuggle chair"

Its designed for 2,but amazingly I managed to get myself and 6 of my good friends all together on it. 

They left soon after though,one by one. 

6 hours ago, PapofGlencoe said:

The support is crap enough as it is.  Imagine if we're all browbeaten to sit down.

Plenty of areas where the done thing is to sit.  And everyone and their granny knows the areas people stand at.  It's part of the game and creates an atmosphere.

If you really don't like it, i'm sure the SFA would be accommodating to move to anothe rpart of the ground.

I have no problem with folk in the North Stand staying on their feet if they want as we all know that's what happens. 

It's the selfish chunts who stand in the East Stand in what was the Family Section. I've paid to see the game as have my kids, not to have a fat pisshead block their view cos he's too tight to buy a ticket in the North. 

I'm happy to ask them to sit down etc. But the stewards are useless and the police non-existent. 

14 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

It's the selfish chunts who stand in the East Stand in what was the Family Section. I've paid to see the game as have my kids, not to have a fat pisshead block their view cos he's too tight to buy a ticket in the North. 

I'm happy to ask them to sit down etc. But the stewards are useless and the police non-existent. 

Yes, that is a fair point!

Do they not have an official family section anymore? That's a poor show!

14 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I have no problem with folk in the North Stand staying on their feet if they want as we all know that's what happens. 

Agree 100% 

6 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Do they not have an official family section anymore? That's a poor show!

No. You can buy kids seats anywhere in the ground now, which is contributing to the standing arguments. Totally understandable that a parent won't want someone blocking their kids' view but the people blocking it are probably used to standing in the same section for previous campaigns so it would make much more sense to bring a designated family section back.

10 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

No. You can buy kids seats anywhere in the ground now, which is contributing to the standing arguments. Totally understandable that a parent won't want someone blocking their kids' view but the people blocking it are probably used to standing in the same section for previous campaigns so it would make much more sense to bring a designated family section back.

Yes, people should be more considerate if they have kids sitting behind them, but if the people in front of you are standing...

A designated family section in the east stand would surely help solve this problem and any family activities like mascots, face painting or whatever can be focussed in this area too to help improve the experience.

a grumpy auld man section in the main stand could be added too for the OP with werthere originals at the pie stall and blankets under your seat.