Standing at games - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Standing at games

robbo cop

To
Sir 

I had a similar problem at the Lithuania Game and while drunk afterwards I decided to let the SFA know my feelings via email 

13/10/16 at 6:41 PM
  1. .Dear Sir 
  2. I attended the recent Scotland Lithuania world cup qualifier at Hampden Park. I paid £60 for 2 seats in the West stand for  Area A6 row VV 0111-0110. I assumed that this meant I would be able to sit down and watch a game of football, in case I had misinterpreted the contract I had entered into I decided to google the definition of seat and this is what I found,
  3. Seat  /si:t/  A thing made or used for sitting on, such as a chair or stool.
  4. I also googled a definition of football, however I realise that  the provision of such is outwith your control.
  5. I therefore kindly request that you return my purchase price or alternatively provide me with the seat part of the agreement we had made at some later date.
  6. Thanks in advance,
  7. Haggis

Hi 

Thanks for your email.

Can we ask you to clarify the nature of your complaint – are you advising that seats VV 110 and 111 do not exist ?

Dear Sir

Thanks for your prompt reply and  apologies for the ambiguity, of course the seats exist and we found them well before kick off. 

Now I assumed that the tickets involved the use of these seats to watch a game of football and sat on them expecting such. Everyone stood up as the national anthems were played and this is when the problem started. No one sat back down rendering the two seats we had purchased useless for the purpose for which they were acquired. 

Now I think that it is obviously the responsibility of the seller to ensure that the description of the product sold is as advertised. So this a failure on your part as no attempt was made to rectify the problem.

Thanks in advance

Haggis

Dear Haggis

Thanks for your email.

I am sorry to hear that your experience on Saturday night against Lithuania was soured by supporters standing.

This type of behaviour is becoming more and more of a problem at matches now and is one that clubs and governing bodies across the country are trying to address, though the scale of thousands at a football match can be very challenging.

Here at Hampden we are very proactive and enforce this via proactive stewarding, PA announcements and pieces in match programmes. It is contravenes the Terms and Conditions of ticket purchase.

By way of some compensation Haggis I would like to offer you two complimentary tickets to attend our match against Slovenia in March.

If you would like to accept this offer, please let me know, providing your booking reference number from Saturday’s match.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Hi there

Thank you very much regarding your kind offer of compensation for my unfortunate experience at the recent world cup qualifier. I would love to attend the Scotland Slovenia game in March.

I am not sure if this is the booking reference number but as it appears to be the most likely number on my receipt  1309961.
There is also a number underneath a barcode 000000001309961
I hope this will suffice 

Will a new manager be in place by then?

Thanks in advance
Haggis

Hi Haggis

Thank you for these details and we will be in touch nearer to the Slovenia match in March

Best wishes

I got the two tickets for the East Stand on Sunday and had a great view of the game.

Disclaimer------------I have changed my name to Haggis for this thread only

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's long established that people in the North Stand will be on their feet during the game, whether this should be the case is another issue I suppose. I personally thought it felt a bit weird sitting at Easter Road for the Canada game but that's just me. There are another 3 stands in the stadium that offer seating for the 90 minutes and it's not as if we sell out regularly if this really is a big issue.  

7 minutes ago, McDange said:

It's long established that people in the North Stand will be on their feet during the game, whether this should be the case is another issue I suppose. I personally thought it felt a bit weird sitting at Easter Road for the Canada game but that's just me. There are another 3 stands in the stadium that offer seating for the 90 minutes and it's not as if we sell out regularly if this really is a big issue.  

Problem being is that the SFA can't be seen to come out and advise people who want to stand to purchase for a certain area of the ground. West and north stand seems to be the "unofficial" standing areas but people might not be aware of this if they don't use boards like this or aren't regular attenders.

9 hours ago, Reevesy said:

No. You can buy kids seats anywhere in the ground now, which is contributing to the standing arguments. Totally understandable that a parent won't want someone blocking their kids' view but the people blocking it are probably used to standing in the same section for previous campaigns so it would make much more sense to bring a designated family section back.

The East Stand was the Family Section so the folk standing in it haven't always been doing that. The lack of a dedicated family section is part of the reason for me stopping going. 

That and the stupid prices. 

28 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

The East Stand was the Family Section so the folk standing in it haven't always been doing that. The lack of a dedicated family section is part of the reason for me stopping going. 

That and the stupid prices. 

That's exactly my point. I was referring to people with kids coming into the west and north stand and complaining about people standing up, which they're obviously entitled to do but others will have been used to standing in those areas and will be reluctant to sit down for them.

Make the east stand the designated family section again and the problem mostly goes away. 

I've been going to games in the West Stand for 30 odd years and I can't remember ever sitting down. Only time I can mind sitting down for any game was a friendly v Switzerland donkeys years ago and that was cos it was in the East Stand surrounded by fkin kids. Horrible experience. :lol: