Fair weather fans v Happy clappers? - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Fair weather fans v Happy clappers?

northernscum

I've not been on here so much recently, but it seems to have divided into these two "alleged" camps. 

We have been varying degrees of shite over the last two decades, but the divide in the fans seems to be more obvious in recent times. Can we not all just be friends?:wub::hug:

Do we all want Scotland to qualify - Yes

Do we all think Strachan is a bad national team manager - Yes

Would we have had a more positive overall campaign to date with a different manager - Most probably, yes

Do we all think we can or will still qualify - This is where the divide is

11 minutes ago, virus-with-shoes said:

Time to do away with the national team.

Scotland does not need another divisive qualification campaign.

I'm not saying that there shouldn't be a qualification campaign, I think that now is not the time for one.

11 minutes ago, virus-with-shoes said:

Now is not the time for Scotland to qualify for a major tournament.  How can Scotland fans be expected to prepare for one without knowing all the important facts like: who will we be playing, what will the weather be like and who will do the official single.

19 minutes ago, virus-with-shoes said:

4 minutes ago, aaid said:

Now is not the time for Scotland to qualify for a major tournament.  How can Scotland fans be expected to prepare for one without knowing all the important facts like: who will we be playing, what will the weather be like and who will do the official single.

:lol::ok: 

3 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Would we have had a more positive overall campaign to date with a different manager - Most probably, yes

I disagree.

7 hours ago, ProudScot said:

I don't recall giving you authority to post on my behalf...

16 hours ago, Angusfifer said:

I don't recall giving you authority to post on my behalf...

does not matter, Hamish husband is telling us (as official spokesperson for all Scotland fans worldwide, whether happy clappers or fair weather) that we cannot consider ourselves as the best in the world if we boo our own.

listen to Hamish, he is in charge.;)

Here's my thoughts; after playing well, for the first time in the campaign the game was drifting away & the crowd started to sing. The West Stand corner got the crowd going & helped the team along. With 10 minutes to go we were out of the cup & faced with a meaningless England game. 2 years of frustration culminated in the sub Chris Martin. My brother nearly self combusted with rage. Martin then scored the most important goal in 10 years. Fans can boo, we should perhaps boo more. Should we demand a lap of honour after not qualifying, guilty then of accepting second best?

Not easy supporting Scotland. 

Hamish

15 minutes ago, tartanhamish said:

Here's my thoughts; after playing well, for the first time in the campaign the game was drifting away & the crowd started to sing. The West Stand corner got the crowd going & helped the team along. With 10 minutes to go we were out of the cup & faced with a meaningless England game. 2 years of frustration culminated in the sub Chris Martin. My brother nearly self combusted with rage. Martin then scored the most important goal in 10 years. Fans can boo, we should perhaps boo more. Should we demand a lap of honour after not qualifying, guilty then of accepting second best?

Not easy supporting Scotland. 

Hamish

Agree totally with the first part of that. The fans really played their part on Sunday, that must have really given the players an extra buzz going into the final part of the game. So by the same token I don't agree with the last bit of your post. I can't fathom how anyone thinks that booing the team, for any reason, is going to have anything other than a negative effect on them....what else is it going to do?

Put yourselves in their place, would you appreciate being booed and cursed by your own supporters and be encouraged to "up your game" as a result? Don't think so.

Boo when the game is over if it turns out to be a balls up, not when there is less than 10 minutes to go and we are sitting at 0-0 in a game we have to win, that is when the players need the support most of all.