Hangovers - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I rarely have ever gotten hangovers. Not sure if the fact that I have a really healthy lifestyle generally makes my body more able to cope with it on the times i do go OTT with drink, or if i'm just lucky. 

Guest BlueGaz

I got bad hangovers when i smoked.  Always put it down to the alcohol obviously, but since i stopped a couple of years ago i dont get them anymore.  Just a wee bit tired the next day now.  So it was the cigs all along.

I'm currently suffering a 2 day hangover haven broken every rule in the jakey book of hangovers. Next to no food being consumed (unless you count a half time sausage roll as nourishment) and mixing wine with gin. At 53 you would think I would know better.  On the plus side the hangovers are no worse than when I was young as I have never coped well with them. 

Just now, TDYER63 said:

I'm currently suffering a 2 day hangover haven broken every rule in the jakey book of hangovers. Next to no food being consumed (unless you count a half time sausage roll as nourishment) and mixing wine with gin. At 53 you would think I would know better.  On the plus side the hangovers are no worse than when I was young as I have never coped well with them. 

That's absolutely astounding.

If I stick to one drink then it's no problem. I drank almost a half litre of Aberlour 15 on Saturday there over 4 or 5 hours and was brand new the next day.

If I start mixing spirits/wine/beer then its goodnight vienna.

in the days of yore, my brother would get hangovers so bad he'd spend all Sunday locked in his room with a pail and you'd periodically hear him dry boaking. Then sometime around 10 pm, he'd emerge, beet red, haunted look on the face, no eye contact then a snarl as you asked him how he was.

19 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

And I cant even blame you this time. ...

16 hours ago, Jersey Jim said:

I blame your brother, oh and did your husband have a sore head Sunday :lol:

You cannae blame me for your hangovers.

I flippin well blame me for mine though. Not had an alcoholic drink since approximately 1am on Sunday. It's now Tuesday and I still feel like keech.

For me now at 50+ it's the 2 nighters I cannae handle. I can still feel ok after a good old session, but two on the bounce in a killer. Also agree with BlueGaz that chucking the tabs makes a huge difference. I hate to think how'd I'd be feeling now if I was still a smoker.

Lack of sleep is another killer for me.

3 minutes ago, Marky said:

You cannae blame me for your hangovers.

I flippin well blame me for mine though. Not had an alcoholic drink since approximately 1am on Sunday. It's now Tuesday and I still feel like keech.

For me now at 50+ it's the 2 nighters I cannae handle. I can still feel ok after a good old session, but two on the bounce in a killer. Also agree with BlueGaz that chucking the tabs makes a huge difference. I hate to think how'd I'd be feeling now if I was still a smoker.

Lack of sleep is another killer for me.

Oh and I forgot to mention the fear and the depressions. That another wee post 50+ pressie.

Edited by Marky

31 minutes ago, fishcumnock said:

Whats the worst hallucinations you've  had and what did you do ?

I've  had some mental monster ones !

Well! Not Me but my mate.

We were in Lithuania (the Berti game when we lost 1-0). Contrary to my earlier chat about not being able to handle more than one night (it was a long time ago), we were on a 6 nighter (Tues-Sun). It got to let's say the Thursday night and we decided to stay in. 3 of us had landed this big fancy 2 bedroomed suite at the Hotel Sarunas (don't know how, we only paid for a triple room) and it had a big boardroom table in it, so we decided to have a card school instead of going out. We headed over to a carry out shop opposite the hotel and emptied it of bevvy including about a gallon of some Lithuanian rocket fuel vodka.

Cut to hours later and the card school is in full swing. My mate starts rubbing and slapping the back of his own neck and turning round shouting "Phuk off Ainsley!!!". Basically he was swearing blind that Ainsley Harriot was standing behind him filming an episode of Ready Steady Cook and the fat from his frying pan was spitting out onto my mates neck. He then proceeded to get really narked with us because we couldn't see Ainsley and were all laughing at him. He remained convinced and had to move seats.

I swear to god no drugs had been taken here and this was purely the result of over indulgence on said rocket fuel.

Jersey Jim will no doubt corroborate my story!

Edited by Marky

12 minutes ago, Marky said:

We were in Lithuania (the Berti game when we lost 1-0). Contrary to my earlier chat about not being able to handle more than one night (it was a long time ago), we were on a 6 nighter (Tues-Sun). It got to let's say the Thursday night and we decided to stay in. 3 of us had landed this big fancy 2 bedroomed suite at the Hotel Sarunas (don't know how, we only paid for a triple room) and it had a big boardroom table in it, so we decided to have a card school instead of going out. We headed over to a carry out shop opposite the hotel and emptied it of bevvy including about a gallon of some Lithuanian rocket fuel vodka.

Cut to hours later and the card school is in full swing. My mate starts rubbing and slapping the back of his own neck and turning round shouting "Phuk off Ainsley!!!". Basically he was swearing blind that Ainsley Harriot was standing behind him filming an episode of Ready Steady Cook and the fat from his frying pan was spitting out onto my mates neck. He then proceeded to get really narked with us because we couldn't see Ainsley and were all laughing at him. He remained convinced and had to move seats.

I swear to god no drugs had been taken here and this was purely the result of over indulgence on said rocket fuel.

Can't remember as I was helping Ainsley chop the veg

4 hours ago, Marky said:

Since you seem to be the common denominator in all these halucogenic /hangover horror stories I think it is perfectly acceptable to pin the blame on you. Especially since I have been blaming you for everything else for the past 50 years. 

2 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Since you seem to be the common denominator in all these halucogenic /hangover horror stories I think it is perfectly acceptable to pin the blame on you. Especially since I have been blaming you for everything else for the past 50 years. 

That's a bit harsh.

Harsh but fair