Team v England - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Team v England

Scout

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

But he plays in the Premiership so he must be good^?^

Pretty obvious that some of our players in the Championship/SPFL are better than some of our Premiership players.

Woooaaahhhh there. You can't say that! 

Everyone knows SPFL and it's players = utter shite and EPL = super duper, best league and players  in the world, give Sky £120/month to see them. 

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Gordon

Tierney Martin Mulgrew Robertson

Brown Cairney

Fraser Armstrong Snodgrass

Griffiths

Would take that except Anya on the right and Snodgrass only if his form picks up, otherwise Fraser instead.

We need two guys out wide who will work and tackle , I would go for Anya or Phillips and Fraser on the other side.

I don't get all the hype about Snodgrass and as for Forrest he can not tackle a geriatric gnat , so get them out.

Game plan, stop the English full backs getting forward and get Broony to stand on that guy who advertises his local "Deli" - he is a temperamental wee p***k and can easily lose it, target the 2 centre halves and Head & shoulders in goal - Scotland 3 England 1 - job done

1 hour ago, wellyman said:

We need two guys out wide who will work and tackle , I would go for Anya or Phillips and Fraser on the other side.

I don't get all the hype about Snodgrass and as for Forrest he can not tackle a geriatric gnat , so get them out.

Game plan, stop the English full backs getting forward and get Broony to stand on that guy who advertises his local "Deli" - he is a temperamental wee p***k and can easily lose it, target the 2 centre halves and Head & shoulders in goal - Scotland 3 England 1 - job done

^^^Full of the bantz

3 hours ago, stevenmcn said:

Would take that except Anya on the right and Snodgrass only if his form picks up, otherwise Fraser instead.

Fraser is on the form of his life playing at a high level. He deserves the chance to shine and I think he would shine in a game like this. 

I don't get all this "I don't get all this Snodgrass hype" bollox.

In my opinion Snodgrass was well worth the hype based on his EPL form and I totally dispute that he has never been good for Scotland. Especially when you factor in what has constituted "good for Scotland" in the last 15 years.

What I DO accept is that for the last few months in both the EPL and for Scotland he has been utter guff and if that form doesn't improve he deserves to be dropped.

Let's not re-write history tho.

I'd guessed Bardsley was out the picture because Strachan doesn't like him. Does he not have a bit of a reputation as a billy big time?

His wife is in "the real housewives of Cheshire".

i presume he has tattoos aswell.

He's everything Gordon Strachan doesn't like.

:lol:

28 minutes ago, Marky said:

I don't get all this "I don't get all this Snodgrass hype" bollox.

In my opinion Snodgrass was well worth the hype based on his EPL form and I totally dispute that he has never been good for Scotland. Especially when you factor in what has constituted "good for Scotland" in the last 15 years.

What I DO accept is that for the last few months in both the EPL and for Scotland he has been utter guff and if that form doesn't improve he deserves to be dropped.

Let's not re-write history tho.

His history for Scotland has been good and he has been one of the better performers during a low period but at this moment in time he is not in that type of form and against England we will require people who can work up and down and that is not Snodgrass at this time.

2 hours ago, wellyman said:

His history for Scotland has been good and he has been one of the better performers during a low period but at this moment in time he is not in that type of form and against England we will require people who can work up and down and that is not Snodgrass at this time.

Is that not what I just said? :blink::P

I'd start with pretty much the same team from Sunday, if everyone's fit that is.

Only changes would be Fraser in for Forrest and McArthur in for Morrison.

Got to hope once Celtic win the league Griffiths gets a decent run of games and goals before 10th June as my only criticism would've been that he was trying too hard to break his duck on Sunday.

Just now, Malcolm said:

Bardsley back in please... best rb we have.

After Tierney's performance on Sunday I'd happily have him start at RB again.

Tierney at RB also means Robertson can slot in at LB and these 2 guys  should be starting every game for the next few years.

Anya also did well v Canada and ok v England so, much to my own surprise, I'd pick him there ahead of Bardsley,

Just now, Malcolm said:

I agree Tierney did well on Sunday, but i wouldn't want to rely on him there every game. Prefer he played his own position really.

I wouldn't have either until very recently, but with our lack of options, I thought he did very well and guys like him and Robertson are Scotland's future, so if they they can both play (and improve the team which I think they did in those two positions) then that would be my preferred option. 2 outstanding young talents, already comfortably international class and with many years ahead of them.

If that was a one off good performance for Tierney at RB, I'd reconsider either Anya or Bardsley again.

How many years has Strachan been in charged and people are still mentioning Bardsley? Anyway he won't be playing so think we need to continue with Tierney, as I think we should even if Bardsley was an option.

Can we pick 11 players this time and leave out Forrest? Nothing against him personally but many caps is that now with almost no end product. 

Similarly I'm not convinced Snodgrass in a wide position is a good idea against England. Guess we can see now his form and fitness is nearer the time. 

17 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

I'd guessed Bardsley was out the picture because Strachan doesn't like him. Does he not have a bit of a reputation as a billy big time?

His wife is in "the real housewives of Cheshire".

i presume he has tattoos aswell.

He's everything Gordon Strachan doesn't like.

:lol:

My missus watches that dross. What one is she?

Knew Ashley Ward's wife was in it but not Bardsley's ffs :lol:

1 minute ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Or he doesn't want picked. Let's face it, Bardsley is hardly a model pro. 

Nor is he Scottish. Why would an Englishman want to play for Scotland, when there's next to no chance of him playing in a major tournament?