Team v England - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Team v England

Scout

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Rude Gullit said:

Just googled her - Sacre Bleu!

Tidy then? No wonder the kvnt probably doesn't want to leave home at international breaks :lol:

Will have a look later when I'm not at work ;)

9 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

Tidy then? No wonder the kvnt probably doesn't want to leave home at international breaks :lol:

Will have a look later when I'm not at work ;)

I looked and was disappointed. I was expecting waaaaaay better. 

37 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I looked and was disappointed. I was expecting waaaaaay better. 

Seen her now. I actually recognise her from those FHM music videos they used to play on Clubland TV :lol:

Shagged worse

24 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

Seen her now. I actually recognise her from those FHM music videos they used to play on Clubland TV :lol:

Shagged worse

I wasn't saying she wasn't nice. I just expected her to be prettier based on the build-up she was given on here :lol: 

I'd go with a starting line up of;        

Gordon

Tierney Martin Mulgrew Robertson

D Fletcher

Fraser Armstrong Brown Anya

Griffiths

I can't see S Fletcher, Rhodes, or C Martin worrying England's defence too much but Griffiths is faster and his movement may make a difference. Anya is quick and will track back, Fraser is a good enthusiastic team player and is on form. Armstrong will be in for his all round game and energy. Brown wouldn't last 90 mins but can get stuck in and he is clever enough to attack when we have the ball (he may also wind up some of the cocky England midfielders). D Fletcher in for some calmness and experience (and to draw the referee's attention when Rose, Vardy, Lalanna, Ali and Sterling are  performing their diving routines).   

Alright lads :)

Absolutely delighted you got there in the end against Slovenia as I couldn't see it happening with the amount of missed chances. From an outside perspective and what I've seen the players are clearly trying for their manager the last few games or if not, definitely for the country and completely deserved the win.

Was watching it in a Dublin  boozer and this cow who wanted to switch over the golf asked me was I Scottish. I told her "No I'm Irish but I'm watching the match" .There was a group of auld lads who didn't seem to be that interested in the game beforehand but broke out into the Flower of Scotland once you scored :lol:

Whatever happens against England will happen but at least Scottish supporters on here in TAMB  are in a lot better place than the last few months. Slovenia was  the perfect battling result and to win it with a few minutes to go tops it off as it shows there's a bit of steel to a team that hit the post and crossbar in the first half still kept the heads and Armstrong who I thought wasn't in the game still managed to keep the ball down and feed it into a much maligned player to score who saved your campaign for at least another few months. 

20 hours ago, Tartacus said:

I'd go with a starting line up of;        

Gordon

Tierney Martin Mulgrew Robertson

D Fletcher

Fraser Armstrong Brown Anya

Griffiths

I can't see S Fletcher, Rhodes, or C Martin worrying England's defence too much but Griffiths is faster and his movement may make a difference. Anya is quick and will track back, Fraser is a good enthusiastic team player and is on form. Armstrong will be in for his all round game and energy. Brown wouldn't last 90 mins but can get stuck in and he is clever enough to attack when we have the ball (he may also wind up some of the cocky England midfielders). D Fletcher in for some calmness and experience (and to draw the referee's attention when Rose, Vardy, Lalanna, Ali and Sterling are  performing their diving routines).   

Have a look at the build up to the 2nd goal shipped at Wembley, the lallana goal.You might want to review putting Darren fletcher in such an important position.At an extremely important point in the game, he just runs out of his position to chase the ball when there was no need and creates a huge gap between the midfield and defence which Rooney takes up and the rest is history.

Brown is no better as he arguably cost a spot at Euro 2016 in the latter part of the campaign by constantly darting out of position chasing the ball. Most of the goals shipped v Germany, Poland and Georgia were avoidable if we had a proper holding midfielder in there, someone simply to sit and fill the gap between midfield and defence. It's arguably the most important position to get right.

The only person I think could play it the best right now is Mulgrew but he is arguably needed in central defence. I've said it over and over Strachan needs to sort this as it will cost again by the end of the campaign.

Edited by JECK

Would keep more or less the same team barring injuries. The only possible changes may be Fletcher for Morrison and possibly Burke for Forrest as long as they played him wide to run at the English full backs, but then he may be best left coming on as a sub.  I just think Forrest drifts in and out of games a lot but that can be said of many wingers.

3 hours ago, robbo cop said:

Would keep more or less the same team barring injuries. The only possible changes may be Fletcher for Morrison and possibly Burke for Forrest as long as they played him wide to run at the English full backs, but then he may be best left coming on as a sub.  I just think Forrest drifts in and out of games a lot but that can be said of many wingers.

Or Fraser/Burke for Forrest with either as a sub option to run at a tiring defence.  Still waiting for Forrest drifting IN to a game though.  He's had far too many chances IMO.

12 hours ago, irish said:

Absolutely delighted you got there in the end against Slovenia as I couldn't see it happening with the amount of missed chances. From an outside perspective and what I've seen the players are clearly trying for their manager the last few games or if not, definitely for the country and completely deserved the win.

Was watching it in a Dublin  boozer and this cow who wanted to switch over the golf asked me was I Scottish. I told her "No I'm Irish but I'm watching the match" .There was a group of auld lads who didn't seem to be that interested in the game beforehand but broke out into the Flower of Scotland once you scored :lol:

Whatever happens against England will happen but at least Scottish supporters on here in TAMB  are in a lot better place than the last few months. Slovenia was  the perfect battling result and to win it with a few minutes to go tops it off as it shows there's a bit of steel to a team that hit the post and crossbar in the first half still kept the heads and Armstrong who I thought wasn't in the game still managed to keep the ball down and feed it into a much maligned player to score who saved your campaign for at least another few months. 

You sure they didn't switch channels?  ;)

Best player on the park by the length and breadth of Hampden.

13 hours ago, irish said:

You okay pal? Could you be any more patronising? How about you bugger off this forum with that patter? We beat you lot last campaign and I'm confident we'd beat you again so drop the arrogance. You've got an aging squad & ours is full of bright up & coming talent (minus the defence) so give it a rest. I could understand your comments if you were a Germany fan or something but let's face it you support Ireland who for the majority of the time make a mockery of the sport with hoofball tactics. get back in your box.

3 minutes ago, Scotsdeutsch said:

You okay pal? Could you be any more patronising? How about you bugger off this forum with that patter? We beat you lot last campaign and I'm confident we'd beat you again so drop the arrogance. You've got an aging squad & ours is full of bright up & coming talent (minus the defence) so give it a rest. I could understand your comments if you were a Germany fan or something but let's face it you support Ireland who for the majority of the time make a mockery of the sport with hoofball tactics. get back in your box.

Fu(king hell

5 minutes ago, Scotsdeutsch said:

erm, since we last qualified the oirish have been to 3 major tournaments, so whatever their tactics they are doing it more right than us.

41 minutes ago, Scotsdeutsch said:

Wtf?! 

Have you ever read a post of mine on this forum? 

I have consistently posted that there's fcuk all difference ability wise between Ireland and Scotland irrespective of how well the other is doing.

Second, I've been in this forum the last few years and have always wanted to see Scotland do well irrespective of how my team is doing (unless they're in the same group as Ireland)

Spare me your football purist nonsense about making a mockery of the sport. We're a practical team with limitations that play a direct game that us to France and Poland. I'm sure the rest of the lads on here would've taken that if it mean't Scotland got to France. 

You're telling me to drop the arrogance while in the same sentence proclaim  that you'd beat us again :wacko:

Rim me mo chara :spin:

Edited by irish

18 hours ago, irish said:

:lol:

PS Armstrong was deservedly MoM. :D

PPS you're most welcome on the TAMB. It's always good to get other fans on here.

3 hours ago, Potted Heid said:

Irish, please ignore Mr Angry, I'm officially giving you permission to keep posting...:)  You're wide of the mark about Armstrong, but.

I lost my glasses over in Moldova and never replaced them yet, watched the screen from a distance so might've been mixing Armstrong up with one of the other lads ha ha. Will watch the highlights again. Just didn't notice him on the ball much. 

Thought that Tierney lad did well at right back. What's his main position? 

6 hours ago, Scotsdeutsch said:

Shut up you di*k