Team v England - Page 9 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Team v England

Scout

21 hours ago, Mazziessc said:

See top quote

Kinda what I was getting at. He's a better player than the championship should he leave Germany.

RB Leipzig will be strengthening its squad with players with Champions League experience this summer.  Burke will get a lot more game time next season but it will be in Bundesliga 2 when he's put out on loan.  We'll get a better idea next season what his level is likely to be.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Chesney Hawkes TA said:

Let's put this in context.  The lunatic in question here turned up to a training session and watched it through a gate from over 100 metres. 

To be fair... I think he was actually invited to the training session through an SSC competition. Don't think he was standing with a pair of binoculars :lol: 

46 minutes ago, Chesney Hawkes TA said:

RB Leipzig will be strengthening its squad with players with Champions League experience this summer.  Burke will get a lot more game time next season but it will be in Bundesliga 2 when he's put out on loan.  We'll get a better idea next season what his level is likely to be.

Don't RB Leipzig have a very strict rule on the type of players they bring in? I thought they were all about bringing in young players to develop them and to develop their own.

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

To be fair... I think he was actually invited to the training session through an SSC competition. Don't think he was standing with a pair of binoculars :lol: 

No, he didn't win one of the tickets in the ballot.  But turned up anyway on the off-chance in the hope he'd be let in.  Reports he had a stepladder and binoculars to try and get a better look are unconfirmed.

2 hours ago, Chesney Hawkes TA said:

Let's put this in context.  The lunatic in question here turned up to a training session and watched it through a gate from over 100 metres.  He also thinks it's normal to take infants to football matches between random teams in random countries on the European continent, under the illusion that toddler Rinus Michels is taking it all in.

good commitment

RB Leipzig might not be in the Champions League.

UEFA rules prohibit teams owned by the same owner being in the same competition, and as Red Bull Salzburg have won the Austrian League, they would take preference over Leipzig.... I still expect them to strengthen, but its still pretty much in limbo their fate for next season in Europe.

Edited by wanderer

34 minutes ago, Chesney Hawkes TA said:

Because they've finished second in the Bundesliga and are straight into the Champions League group stages.  They're hardly not going to strengthen their squad to attempt to stay at that level.

they got to 2nd by maintaining their philosophy 

It was just paper talk but seemingly Strachan is inclined to pick Jamie Murphy, Andrew Shinnie and Kenny McLean for this upcoming game. Shinnie is fair enough I think, I'd have him over Lee Wallace anytime. Have Murphy and McLean really earned call ups though ? I'm not so sure about that.

I still have a really nasty feeling that he'll bottle it and drop Tierney for Anya at right back and Armstrong for Darren Fletcher in midfield.

1 hour ago, ErsatzThistle said:

It was just paper talk but seemingly Strachan is inclined to pick Jamie Murphy, Andrew Shinnie and Kenny McLean for this upcoming game. Shinnie is fair enough I think, I'd have him over Lee Wallace anytime. Have Murphy and McLean really earned call ups though ? I'm not so sure about that.

I still have a really nasty feeling that he'll bottle it and drop Tierney for Anya at right back and Armstrong for Darren Fletcher in midfield.

Shinnie over Wallace is fair enough if we continue to carry on with our more left backs than right backs policy. Jamie Murphy is hardly forward thinking and Kenny Maclean will probably need to wait until he joins Rangers in the summer to get picked.

1 hour ago, ErsatzThistle said:

I assume you mean Graeme Shinnie?

2 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Shinnie wouldn't be in the squad as a left back. Tierney will play for certain, possibly at right back.

5 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Armstrong for Darren Fletcher in midfield.

no chance. hes one of the first names on the team sheet, i think even strachan now realises fletcher is done at starting international game

murphy in for rhodes and mcrgregor for burke and mclean will come in for Mcginn.

Edited by LewisEDI

Guest MorayCupMan
5 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Shinnie has to be in this squad...there is no other player in the scottish premiership that deserves a first call up more than him. The fact that a guy that was a Forres Mechanics player (on loan) getting picked for us, for me would fill me with so much joy. kenny mack decent enough player still not 100% sure though.. a little to hot and cold for my liking. kinda lacks the guts now and again

As for for Tierney getting dropped for Anya, canna see Mr Strachan doing that. .(i hope)....as much as I love Ikechi, I see him more of coming off the bench for last 20 minutes or so now.

As for the starting line up...Same as the Slovenia game...unless any injuries of course

Guest MorayCupMan
37 minutes ago, LewisEDI said:

mclean will come in for Mcginn.

I would keep McGinn in (nice piece of poetry)..also I think we need to keep Burke in the squad in all...bit of a rough diamond i know, but there doesna seem to be much fear in him, the ideal player to have for an option for the england game.

Guest MorayCupMan
10 hours ago, MorayCupMan said:

Shinnie has to be in this squad...there is no other player in the scottish premiership that deserves a first call up more than him.

I meant called up.....not first call up.....Kinda slipped ma mind he was in squad for Poland and I think the Gibraltar game.....one too many last night 

Edited by MorayCupMan

8 minutes ago, MorayCupMan said:

I meant called up.....not first call up.....one too many yesterday......memory nae what it used to be like.

It was better before the edit. I think Shinnie does deserve a call-up but not more than the likes of Tierney, Brown and Armstrong. 

I doubt the squad will vary much from the last one, and doubt there will be many surprised (if any) in it.

Maybe a little more streamlined this time because we only have the one game (there was a fair few players called up for the last squad with just one eye on being used in just the Canada match).

Guest MorayCupMan
18 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

It was better before the edit. I think Shinnie does deserve a call-up but not more than the likes of Tierney, Brown and Armstrong. 

Yeah I agree. he is in no way better than Tierney or Armstrong and i am under no illusions that he should be in starting line up ahead of them....It was just my northern bias after a couple of shandy's last night....:beer2:

Hopefully there's zero Aberdeen players in the squad. Strachan won't play any of them so i'd rather they had an extra 14 days holiday.