Team v England - Page 10 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Team v England

Scout

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, wanderer said:

DAbPCs3XYAEl2vk.jpg:large

29 players for one match, am I missing something? I could kind of understand if there was a friendly involved

I would have gone for a squad of

GK - Gordon, Marshall, Archer

DF - Tierney, Robertson, Mulgrew, Martin, Berra, Hanley, Bardsley, Anya

MF - Fletcher, McDonald, Brown, Morrison, McArthur, Armstrong, Burke, Naismith, Ritchie, Snodgrass

St - Fletcher, Griffiths, Martin

Surprised at the number in the squad, considering there is a good chance it will be the same team that started v Slovenia.

4 goalkeepers, strange.

Defence fairly bang on. 4 full back 4 centre half's. Message to Grant Hanley to get his club situation sorted. Forwards as well.

13 midfielders for what will be 5 positions.

Edited by bossman4

Guest MorayCupMan

No McGregor or Burke came as a little surprise ....but no real complaints though...

Edited by MorayCupMan

big exclusions for me are below, not saying surprising or wrong decision

Hanley - Not enough first team playing this season must get a transfer away and be playing first team football, you may dislike him but best CB under 30 we have

Ritchie - Surprised at this, decent retention and goal threat scored a decent amount in championship this season from midfield. Not sure if injured

Burke - Not enough game time but his speed is key and could easily run with the below to take pressure off the defence in this game and good height for set pieces

Rhodes - Barely plays for Sheff Weds I bet they are regretting buying him for the amount they are set to pay.

Guest MorayCupMan
1 minute ago, Bino's said:

4 goalkeepers

hmm, well done Gordon

Well we are a little shoddy at the back  :-))

19 minutes ago, borojock said:

big exclusions for me are below, not saying surprising or wrong decision

Hanley - Not enough first team playing this season must get a transfer away and be playing first team football, you may dislike him but best CB under 30 we have

Ritchie - Surprised at this, decent retention and goal threat scored a decent amount in championship this season from midfield. Not sure if injured

Burke - Not enough game time but his speed is key and could easily run with the below to take pressure off the defence in this game and good height for set pieces

Rhodes - Barely plays for Sheff Weds I bet they are regretting buying him for the amount they are set to pay.

McGregor being left out is a shocker.

23 minutes ago, Parklife said:

29 players? Reynolds? No Shinnie? No Burke? 

Bizarre but completely unsurprising :lol: 

Reynolds is in the squad according to the BBC and a couple of other sites

On 12/05/2017 at 1:31 PM, Chesney Hawkes TA said:

Let's put this in context.  The lunatic in question here turned up to a training session and watched it through a gate from over 100 metres.  He also thinks it's normal to take infants to football matches between random teams in random countries on the European continent, under the illusion that toddler Rinus Michels is taking it all in.

Don't forget the World Cup in Brazil. We were there too. That's South America, that's a whole different continent! ??

16 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

Reynolds is in the squad according to the BBC and a couple of other sites

Yeah, i know, that's what i'm laughing at! 

20 minutes ago, virus-with-shoes said:

He did yes.

He also didnt take one of the initial five penalties when huddersfield were in the play off final in 2012 - which is incredible when you consider he scored 40 goals that season.

Some people just don't like hitting penalties. At the end of the day I'd rather have someone who was confident taking it over someone who isn't too sure. 

3 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Yeah, i know, that's what i'm laughing at! 

Got you now. Never noticed you left out a no before Reynolds' name but added it in for Shinnie and Burke.

I didn't really expect Shinnie or McGregor to be in this squad tbh.

I am assuming its 29 players initially as he is expecting a few call offs therefore trying to preempt players heading off on the piss to Marbs in the next week or two.

No idea why Ritchie isn't there, he played for Newcastle up to the end of the season. Murphy seems a like for like replacement but Ritchie probably had the better season.

I thought McGregor would have been in, has had a good end to the season and, like Armstrong, has picked up a few goals from midfield, always good when you have a forward line like ours.

Snodgrass hasn't kicked a ball since leaving Hull. 

Glad to see Ryan Fraser in again, I would start him. He has finished the season well, unlike Snodgrass.