Team v England - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Team v England

Scout

8 hours ago, Scotsdeutsch said:

You okay pal? Could you be any more patronising? How about you bugger off this forum with that patter? We beat you lot last campaign and I'm confident we'd beat you again so drop the arrogance. You've got an aging squad & ours is full of bright up & coming talent (minus the defence) so give it a rest. I could understand your comments if you were a Germany fan or something but let's face it you support Ireland who for the majority of the time make a mockery of the sport with hoofball tactics. get back in your box.

Brexit voter 

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎29‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 7:44 AM, Parklife said:

Woooaaahhhh there. You can't say that! 

Everyone knows SPFL and it's players = utter shite and EPL = super duper, best league and players  in the world, give Sky £120/month to see them. 

yes, our spfl players prove their quality annually by getting knocked out in the europa league first qualifying round

Edited by Bino's

8 hours ago, Scotsdeutsch said:

You okay pal? Could you be any more patronising? How about you bugger off this forum with that patter? We beat you lot last campaign and I'm confident we'd beat you again so drop the arrogance. You've got an aging squad & ours is full of bright up & coming talent (minus the defence) so give it a rest. I could understand your comments if you were a Germany fan or something but let's face it you support Ireland who for the majority of the time make a mockery of the sport with hoofball tactics. get back in your box.

FFS. What an erse you've made of yersel'! :lol:

31 minutes ago, Bino's said:

yes, our spfl players prove their quality annually by getting knocked out in the europa league first qualifying round

Who got knocked out there? 

14 hours ago, irish said:

I lost my glasses over in Moldova and never replaced them yet, watched the screen from a distance so might've been mixing Armstrong up with one of the other lads ha ha. Will watch the highlights again. Just didn't notice him on the ball much. 

Thought that Tierney lad did well at right back. What's his main position? 

He plays left back for Celtic, unfortunately the same position that Robertson plays for Hull.  He did very well the other night on the other side, though its questionable that he should play there against England.

3 hours ago, Ormond said:

It won't matter. ProudScot has him marked down as pish because he doesn't play in England. 

Nope Considine is marked down as pish because he's pish. Where he plays is irrelevant. 

There are young centre halves in Scotland we should be looking at, Considine isn't one of them. Well he isn't young anyway. 

Slovenia were a lot more negative  than I thought they'd be last Saturday and didn't offer much going forward but thought Mulgrew did well at CB.

Given the win I assume Stracham will keep him there and most of that team that won against Slovenia. I think that's the right call if he does imo.

1 hour ago, COLT NY said:

Graeme Alexander was 30 before his debut and went on to about 40 caps... I'd like to see Considine given a chance, and I agree with the earlier poster that said we need Mulgrew in a holding midfield position.

Mulgrew in there would be a joke. He's no way a holding midfielder. He's barely a Centre half 

7 hours ago, ProudScot said:

1 hour ago, GordyA88 said:

Mulgrew in there would be a joke. He's no way a holding midfielder. He's barely a Centre half 

he was excellent at defensive midfield there a few years back. When played alongside brown in champions league ties and coped well

he's too immobile now so centre half better suited

Edited by Bino's

On 31/03/2017 at 9:40 PM, Ormond said:

FFS. What an erse you've made of yersel'! :lol:

I couldn't care less what the lot of you think. End of the day Irish has come on & said Armstrong wasn't in the game...also basically saying "awww it's cute you guys have won..it will keep your hopes up for another game at least..awww bless your wee tartan cotton socks"

Sorry no....not taking that for one second. 

20 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Nope Considine is marked down as pish because he's pish. Where he plays is irrelevant. 

There are young centre halves in Scotland we should be looking at, Considine isn't one of them. Well he isn't young anyway. 

hes far from pish, he's been mr reliable for Aberdeen since Mcinnes came in, this season he's gone from strength to strength. He'd do a better job than Hanley, that's for sure.

the only pish here is the pish you spew on a regular basis.

13 hours ago, Malcolm said:

Given the paucity of centre halfs, I think considine should be considered.   Yes, a journeyman in the mould of Webster and Anderson but no worse than the rest on offer.

Webster particularly did a job at another time we had no centre halves

and Davie Weir was refusing to play

29 is a good age for a centre half

team that's been flying, conceding very little goals. His confidence must be high

still Aberdeen are not playing at a level of English championship

but Considine certainly warrants a try with current lack of centre halves

Edited by Bino's

14 hours ago, Scotsdeutsch said:

I couldn't care less what the lot of you think. End of the day Irish has come on & said Armstrong wasn't in the game...also basically saying "awww it's cute you guys have won..it will keep your hopes up for another game at least..awww bless your wee tartan cotton socks"

Sorry no....not taking that for one second. 

So fcukin what Begbie if I didn't think Armstrong was in the game that much?! 

I wasn't being patronising at all but you took it up the wrong way so you're the one who's made a tit of himself. 

And I think most on here know it keeps Scotland in it for only another game potentially as the England game is another do or die. 

"I couldn't care less what the lot of you think"  :lol: Something a 'wee bairn' would post when they knew they embarrassed themselves with their tantrum post. 

Get a life mate :)

I noticed no one has suggested starting Ritchie which is understandable to an extent but wouldn't grumble if he started, the guy if you watch him is a winner and a leader on the park, type of player we need in a game like this and capable of shooting from anywhere (see Poland), like Fraser he also stood out for Bournemouth despite deciding to drop down a level (albeit to a potentially bigger club who will be in the Prem soon no doubt).

Snodgrass may not be in great form but he loves the big games and his set pieces and crosses are worth their weight in gold so he would have to start for me.

Darren Fletcher shouldn't be written off for this type of game either, club captain in the Premiership and his presence\cool head in such a high octane game could prove invaluable, earned his new contract at WBA.

17 hours ago, BRAVELANEY1 said:

I noticed no one has suggested starting Ritchie which is understandable to an extent but wouldn't grumble if he started, the guy if you watch him is a winner and a leader on the park, type of player we need in a game like this and capable of shooting from anywhere (see Poland), like Fraser he also stood out for Bournemouth despite deciding to drop down a level (albeit to a potentially bigger club who will be in the Prem soon no doubt).

Snodgrass may not be in great form but he loves the big games and his set pieces and crosses are worth their weight in gold so he would have to start for me.

Darren Fletcher shouldn't be written off for this type of game either, club captain in the Premiership and his presence\cool head in such a high octane game could prove invaluable, earned his new contract at WBA.

I think it was very noticeable that Darren Fletcher was left out of the starting 11 and performance improved

for me away to Slovakia he was marking air most of the time when tracking back and culpable for certainly one of the goals

he's lost that fitness that was his game