Scotland U-21s v Estonia U-21s - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland U-21s v Estonia U-21s

fringo

10 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

Mallan a lot better now. Dom Thomas very good since coming on.

Watched a bit of the 2nd half and Scotland seem to be dominating and should be winning probably from what I can gather.

I watched the whole match and for me it was a promising display, if somewhat lacking in a cutting edge. They kept the ball on the deck for the most part, but mixed in some excellent targeted longer passing. There was lots of one touch passing and an understanding that sometimes you have to go backwards to go forwards.

There were still a fair few heavy touches showing a potential lack of technique, but they were still outperforming the Estonians technically, which I would suggest we wouldn't have in years gone by.

All in all, not a win but a good performance which is much more important at U21 level in my opinion.

Watched the game today and whilst we were far better than Estonia (and should have won comfortably) the match was riddled with poor first touches and misplaced passes.  This crop looks worse than the 2015-17 team and I don't think we'll cause the Dutch or English any problems in the qualifiers.