Alexander Blackman - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Alexander Blackman

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BlueGaz
3 hours ago, neil r said:

Cant help but think that it might have been just a shade different if it was Terry Taliban who had killed one of our brave boys under the same curcumstances.

A joke right?

For the record I don't think he should be released.

Why would it be a joke?

If a member of the Taliban had caught a wounded soldier, dragged him into a tent, waited until the helicopters couldnt see anything and then had a discussion with his pals about whether to kill him, when to kill him, who would kill him and how to kill him before shooting him in the chest because its less obvious than shooting him in the head and subsequently caught laughing about it, ordering his pals tell no-one and admitting in full knowledge to breaking the Geneva convention as it had all been filmed, then the press and media would be highlighting a campaign pushing for a murder charge to be dropped and poor heroic T. Talibans release from jail on lesser charges or even a full retrial or aquittal?

Edited by neil r

Guest BlueGaz
13 minutes ago, neil r said:

Why would it be a joke?

If a member of the Taliban had caught a wounded soldier, dragged him into a tent, waited until the helicopters couldnt see anything and then had a discussion with his pals about whether to kill him, when to kill him, who would kill him and how to kill him before shooting him in the chest because its less obvious than shooting him in the head and subsequently caught laughing about it, ordering his pals tell no-one and admitting in full knowledge to breaking the Geneva convention as it had all been filmed, then the press and media would be highlighting a campaign pushing for a murder charge to be dropped and poor heroic T. Talibans release from jail on lesser charges or even a full retrial or aquittal?

But you're talking as if this doesn't happen and would be 'news' to us.  They have been slaughtering our guys for years, especially when they catch them.  

They aren't governed by the Geneva convention, why would they discuss this in any way whatsoever?

They deliberately film it when they do it, a lot of the time.

They wouldn't discuss with their pals 'whether' to kill him or not.  

I doubt they would shoot him in the chest, it would be a worse ending than that.  

They wouldn't order others to not tell anyone.  I suspect they would go for as much attention as they could.

Apart from these few points, I agree with you.

But it's not about what the Taliban would or wouldnt do. Its about what the Marine did do, what he was caught doing.

Our soldiers are supposed to be better than the Taliban are they not?

Amongst other things shouldnt 'we' be there to set an example as opposed to dropping to their level?

Guest BlueGaz
11 minutes ago, neil r said:

But it's not about what the Taliban would or wouldnt do. Its about what the Marine did do, what he was caught doing.

Our soldiers are supposed to be better than the Taliban are they not?

Amongst other things shouldnt 'we' be there to set an example as opposed to dropping to their level?

Yes.  Which is why I said I don't think he should be released.  It is you rattling on about what the Taliban may or may not do, hence I asked you if that was a joke.  He fvcked up and should be punished.

10 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Yes.  Which is why I said I don't think he should be released.  It is you rattling on about what the Taliban may or may not do, hence I asked you if that was a joke.  He fvcked up and should be punished.

I think you're arguing with yourself tbh.

Or just looking for an argument that isnt there.

Edited by neil r

Guest BlueGaz
52 minutes ago, neil r said:

I think you're arguing with yourself tbh.

Or just looking for an argument that isnt there.

Not after an argument, its a discussion.  I appreciate the concept may be new to you.  But its good that we have put your irrelevant ramblings to one side and can agree.  :ok:

Guest BlueGaz
12 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I found it fairly nauseating seeing his family, friends, ex marines, Daily Mail readers outside the court popping champers as if he was some sort of hero. 

He's a #####, a murdering one at that and should still be in jail. 

Would add disgraceful to the long list of adjectives that could be used.

Just now, BlueGaz said:

Not after an argument, its a discussion.  I appreciate the concept may be new to you.  But its good that we have put your irrelevant ramblings to one side and can agree.  :ok:

As I said...

As a point of pedantry its the Geneva Conventions, there is more than one of them.

It's war of course they're murderers, in fact they went over with murder in mind. The fact that there is a right way to kill someone and a wrong way is just baffling and a great indicator of how good humans are at rationalizing  things they want to do.

Guest BlueGaz

As another point of pedantry, you should really be more specific about 'who' went over with murder in mind, because I can assure you not all troops deployed with murder in mind, including some RM's.  Some in fact, the exact opposite.

Where did you read about the right way and wrong way to kill someone?  Would be interested to read that.

29 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

As another point of pedantry, you should really be more specific about 'who' went over with murder in mind, because I can assure you not all troops deployed with murder in mind, including some RM's.  Some in fact, the exact opposite.

Where did you read about the right way and wrong way to kill someone?  Would be interested to read that.

You can almost taste the rage.

15 hours ago, phart said:

Shit like this happens in protracted wars all the time.

We pretend we're civilized but we're actually a handful of missed meals away from anarchy.

It's a shitty situation all round.

I agree. 

3 hours ago, Parklife said:

He's a murderer and should be treated as such IMO. 

Well, IMO, he has served his time for Manslaughter and should be released. 

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I found it fairly nauseating seeing his family, friends, ex marines, Daily Mail readers outside the court popping champers as if he was some sort of hero. 

He's a #####, a murdering one at that and should still be in jail. 

The bit in bold, been in many combat situations have you, which would allow you to state categorically that your words are true? 

Guest BlueGaz
4 minutes ago, neil r said:

You can almost taste the rage.

No you can't, no rage here.  Again, something you are not used to, involved in a discussion.  Tatty bye numb nut :wave:

Guest BlueGaz
6 minutes ago, shaddypeekey said:

The bit in bold, been in many combat situations have you, which would allow you to state categorically that your words are true? 

I have shaddy, many times, and agree with him.