Alexander Blackman - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Alexander Blackman

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, BlueGaz said:

I have shaddy, many times, and agree with him.  

I don't disagree he was wrong, but I think serving his time on a manslaughter charge as he has done, is the right sentence and sentiment. To call a serving Royal in a war situation a murderer is wrong though. The FOB they were operating from was under constant duress. 

Guest BlueGaz
1 minute ago, shaddypeekey said:

I don't disagree he was wrong, but I think serving his time on a manslaughter charge as he has done, is the right sentence and sentiment. To call a serving Royal in a war situation a murderer is wrong though. The FOB they were operating from was under constant duress. 

Yes, but right or wrong in this situation we have RoE and he broke those.  What was the threat from the individual at the time he shot him?  He was done for manslaughter so him being released is right obviously, according to our system.  The argument [a pointless one now I suppose] is whether he should have been convicted of murder or manslaughter.  

47 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

As another point of pedantry, you should really be more specific about 'who' went over with murder in mind, because I can assure you not all troops deployed with murder in mind, including some RM's.  Some in fact, the exact opposite.

Where did you read about the right way and wrong way to kill someone?  Would be interested to read that.

Wars make murderers of almost all participants. They can dress it up anyway they want but you try and bloody your opponent more, so you can win the peace by being in a stronger place to negotiate. This generally means killing a lot of people.

You cite them yourself the "rules of engagement" or ROE as you say.

Guest BlueGaz
2 minutes ago, phart said:

Wars make murderers of almost all participants.

I couldn't disagree more in modern warfare, specifically Iraq and Afghanistan in this case.  I would argue the majority of troops and support are not involved in killing.  Those that are, are in a minority.  

7 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

I couldn't disagree more in modern warfare, specifically Iraq and Afghanistan in this case.  I would argue the majority of troops and support are not involved in killing.  Those that are, are in a minority.  

Auld Blackman has killed "30 for his country". 

He must have been a busy boy.

Guest BlueGaz
Just now, Squirrelhumper said:

Auld Blackman has killed "30 for his country". 

He must have been a busy boy.

If that stat is correct, then yes he was, the number doesn't surprise me though.

Whatever the rights and wrongs of what he did (it reads like murder to me, but I'm no expert and haven't seen all the evidence) the actions of his supporters outside of the court were totally misjudged, to put it as mildly as I can.

Guest BlueGaz
3 minutes ago, Pool Q said:

Whatever the rights and wrongs of what he did (it reads like murder to me, but I'm no expert and haven't seen all the evidence) the actions of his supporters outside of the court were totally misjudged, to put it as mildly as I can.

:ok:  I can understand why those close to him were elated.  But you are right, would have been far better to move away from the spotlight and do whatever they wanted to do in private.  

As the man was suffering from PTSD when he committed manslaughter, should we not be focusing on how the Military assesses the mental health of its employees before sending them into harms way?

Under law he has served (or will have) served his time. There should be valuable lessons learnt in how the Military addresses my first point so that this doesn't happen again.

J

Guest BlueGaz
2 minutes ago, Bristolhibby said:

As the man was suffering from PTSD when he committed manslaughter, should we not be focusing on how the Military assesses the mental health of its employees before sending them into harms way?

Under law he has served (or will have) served his time. There should be valuable lessons learnt in how the Military addresses my first point so that this doesn't happen again.

J

Absolutely.  The support for it and other issues too is so bad, which is why we have so many charities set up.  Ok, I disagree with all the Hero advertising which surrounds many of the charities, but this gets them a lot of funds which helps.  Its a shame that so many rely on charities for this help, but unfortunately it is vital.

1 hour ago, BlueGaz said:

Not involved? They provide the logistics for the killing, which is the mechanism in which wars are fought, loads of folk go and kill folk they have never met cause someone tells them to.

Guest BlueGaz
16 minutes ago, phart said:

Not involved? They provide the logistics for the killing, which is the mechanism in which wars are fought, loads of folk go and kill folk they have never met cause someone tells them to.

So a chef and a VM go to Afghanistan with murder in mind?  BS.  

On 29/03/2017 at 10:14 AM, Parklife said:

He's a murderer and should be treated as such IMO. 

Ah you mean like this man ?  Image result for Martin McGuinness

On 29/03/2017 at 2:21 PM, shaddypeekey said:

I know where you live ....LoL ;) Hello sailor ....bwahahahaha :)

4 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

The difference being is the man in the pic was defending his own country, not shooting brown people for fun abroad.

You've obviously been on the coke again. Your kids must be very proud to have a terrorist loving junkie as a father. 

1 minute ago, phart said:

Using a mans kids as a weapon on a message board.

This place does have some unsavory characters

A junkie who supports IRA death squads who have murdered innocent children must be a good guy though. Aye ok. 

5 minutes ago, dave said:

You've obviously been on the coke again. Your kids must be very proud to have a terrorist loving junkie as a father. 

:lol: And good afternoon to you too, sir.  Your patter isn't very original though, I'm afraid.

meme

43 minutes ago, dave said:

36 minutes ago, dave said:

A junkie who supports IRA death squads who have murdered innocent children must be a good guy though. Aye ok. 

Deary me. What a horrible individual you are.