Alexander Blackman - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Alexander Blackman

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BlueGaz
1 hour ago, Reevesy said:

The difference being is the man in the pic was defending his own country, not shooting brown people for fun abroad.

Does that make him a better, more acceptable murderer in your opinion Reevesy?

1 minute ago, BlueGaz said:

Does that make him a better, more acceptable murderer in your opinion Reevesy?

I don't think murder is acceptable regardless of who is doing it, but I can also see a difference in IRA volunteers defending their homeland than these guys going over to the middle east and shooting the locals.

Guest BlueGaz
1 minute ago, Reevesy said:

I don't think murder is acceptable regardless of who is doing it

So, there is no difference between them then, in the context of the discussion, ie, murderers.

Edited by BlueGaz

1 minute ago, BlueGaz said:

So, there is no difference between them then, in the context of the discussion, ie, murderers.

I would say there';s a difference between IRA shooting troops and bombing civilian areas. 

Hopefully Ireland is unified soon enough. Great Britain stole land across the world for centuries and it's celebrated as some sort of empire. 

Guest BlueGaz
2 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I would say there';s a difference between IRA shooting troops and bombing civilian areas. 

They did both, not sure what your point is.

Edited by BlueGaz

Just now, BlueGaz said:

No there is a difference, a big difference, between a volunteer army defending themselves against "legitimate" targets in their homeland, a war that they didn't ask for, and a guy doing it as a career choice.

Neither is particularly nice, but only one was probably necessary.

Guest BlueGaz
1 minute ago, Reevesy said:

No there is a difference, a big difference, between a volunteer army defending themselves against "legitimate" targets in their homeland, a war that they didn't ask for, and a guy doing it as a career choice.

Neither is particularly nice, but only one was probably necessary.

You are not serious about using the words legitimate targets are you?  We don't need or want to go through stats, but really?  I have no issues with you being an IRT supporter/sympathiser, but at least be honest.

7 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

You are not serious about using the words legitimate targets are you?  We don't need or want to go through stats, but really?  I have no issues with you being an IRT supporter/sympathiser, but at least be honest.

I used quotation marks cos I don't really like that expression, but they were at war with foreign invaders. They made a lot of mistakes too, I'm not saying they're all good and the Brits are all bad etc but if Britain hadn't invaded Ireland then none of that would have happened.

I really don't think we need to get into stats. It's pretty clear that your (former) employers are responsible for far more deaths throughout history than the IRA, so I agree, let's not.

Edited by Reevesy

26 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

You are an absolute scumbag. 

Away and post on your own countries forum with the rest of your bigoted, inbred pals.

Haha is he not even Scottish? Northern Ireland ffs

(unt probably has a mural of Billy Wright on the side of his gaff and he's got the cheek to call me a terrorist lover 

Edited by Reevesy

Guest BlueGaz
Just now, Reevesy said:

I used quotation marks cos I don't really like that expression, but they were at war with foreign invaders. They made a lot of mistakes too, I'm not saying they're all good and the Brits are all bad etc but if Britain hadn't invaded Ireland then none of that would have happened.

I really don't we need to get into stats. It's pretty clear that your (former) employers are responsible for far more deaths throughout history than the IRA, so I agree, let's not.

You digressed into PGB mode, not me.  I had just hoped you would have been able to leave it at the fact they were both murderers.  As that is what the discussion was.  But now I see where your feelings are, I getcha. 

Just now, BlueGaz said:

You digressed into PGB mode, not me.  I had just hoped you would have been able to leave it at the fact they were both murderers.  As that is what the discussion was.  But now I see where your feelings are, I getcha. 

Well I gave my opinion, and you're entitled to yours too, so it's all good.

Christ knows why we're even discussing the IRA on a thread about Blackman, but there you go.

4 minutes ago, phart said:

Scotland invaded Ireland first. Robert the Bruce and his brother to open up a 2nd front back in the 13th Century.

But probably time to move on from all that.

The first "English" invasion of Ireland was the Norman invasion in the 12th century, about 150 years before Bruce.

Of course the connections between the Celtic peoples of Scotland and Ireland are a lot closer and a lot more complex.   Given that the Scots who formed the ancient kingdom of Dalriada - which encompassed the western part of Scotland and part of the North of Ireland were originally from Ireland, you could make the argument about who's land was it anyway?

24 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

Haha is he not even Scottish? Northern Ireland ffs

(unt probably has a mural of Billy Wright on the side of his gaff and he's got the cheek to call me a terrorist lover 

You support IRA death squads who murdered innocent men woman and children. What part of that doesn't make you a terrorist lover?

Just now, dave said:

You support IRA death squads who murdered innocent men woman and children. What part of that doesn't make you a terrorist lover?

Who says I support IRA death squads? Not me.

They not teaching you how to read the Queen's English up the Shankill any more, Billy? 

2 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

Who says I support IRA death squads? Not me.

They not teaching you how to read the Queen's English up the Shankill any more, Billy? 

The coke at work is obviously preventing you from forming sentences correctly. Do keep up.

19 minutes ago, aaid said:

The first "English" invasion of Ireland was the Norman invasion in the 12th century, about 150 years before Bruce.

Of course the connections between the Celtic peoples of Scotland and Ireland are a lot closer and a lot more complex.   Given that the Scots who formed the ancient kingdom of Dalriada - which encompassed the western part of Scotland and part of the North of Ireland were originally from Ireland, you could make the argument about who's land was it anyway?

Good point i hadn't counted the Norman invasion. Cheers for the correction :) I just know it's not mine lol that's as far into the debate as i'll go.

My faulty history was to set up the line " But probably time to move on from all that."

5 minutes ago, dave said:

The coke at work is obviously preventing you from forming sentences correctly. Do keep up.

Maybe you should try some, it might help to improve your shite patter. 

Wee bit on the end of your flute next time you're at band practice, or when you're sticking it into your sister, I know both are nightly occurrences for you inbred tramps :lol:

Edited by Reevesy

8 minutes ago, phart said:

Good point i hadn't counted the Norman invasion. Cheers for the correction :) I just know it's not mine lol that's as far into the debate as i'll go.

My faulty history was to set up the line " But probably time to move on from all that."

I'd just say that the history of Scotland and Ireland is a lot more complicated and goes back further than the history of England and Ireland - not that that's straight forwards - and leave it at that.

Edited by aaid

8 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

British army did exactly the same thing. State sponsored terrorism i suppose.

Reevesey talks about ligitamate targets. Maybe he could explain to my cousin who never got to see his father, as he was shot in the head in Derry by an IRA death squad in 1971 a month before he was born. His crime was being a prod going out to do a days work. Nobody has ever been convicted of the murder.