Pubs for England Game - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Pubs for England Game

bluebird27

The England fans will probably drink in the pubs at Bridgeton again like last time, or the Louden Tavern who like to invite the opposition fans when they play Scotland.

None of which are in the city centre, so anywhere in the town and you'll be fine.

4 hours ago, Reevesy said:

The England fans will probably drink in the pubs at Bridgeton again like last time, or the Louden Tavern who like to invite the opposition fans when they play Scotland.

None of which are in the city centre, so anywhere in the town and you'll be fine.

Was that not because the game was at Celtic Park? We are playing at Hampden this time. I'm sure they try to encourage away fans to head to Merchant City.

8 hours ago, jenblueeyes said:

Was that not because the game was at Celtic Park? We are playing at Hampden this time. I'm sure they try to encourage away fans to head to Merchant City.

Possibly, but pubs like the Crimson star and those other couple of slophouses up there definitely cater for a certain type of England fan, so I'd be surprised if they aren't full again.

On 3/31/2017 at 9:47 PM, jenblueeyes said:

Aye - the police will probably request that they drink in the Merchant City - much easier to Police, also leaves big parts of the city centre free for the home support !!

On 4/1/2017 at 5:53 AM, Reevesy said:

Possibly, but pubs like the Crimson star and those other couple of slophouses up there definitely cater for a certain type of England fan, so I'd be surprised if they aren't full again.

I mind going in the Seven Ways after the cup game we beat Celtic in a few years back. As soon as i walked in i burst out laughing at the picture of the Queen they had behind the bar. Got some funny looks after that. Had my pint and left sharpish. :lol: 

3 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I mind going in the Seven Ways after the cup game we beat Celtic in a few years back. As soon as i walked in i burst out laughing at the picture of the Queen they had behind the bar. Got some funny looks after that. Had my pint and left sharpish. :lol: 

:lol: 

Aye that's the one closest to the train station, can't say I've ever been in but the punters outside look lovely and they sure know a lot of different words for Catholics. It's like reading a loyalist thesaurus

1 hour ago, Reevesy said:

Aye that's the one closest to the train station, can't say I've ever been in but the punters outside look lovely and they sure know a lot of different words for Catholics. It's like reading a loyalist thesaurus