Scottish Cup Semi Finals - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Fairly common in Aberdeen. 

I don't think I know anyone that refers to an evening meal as dinner,we save that particular analogy for dinner time. 12-1sh. 

Agreed.

With the Christian Passover next weekend... was it the 'Last Dinner' or the 'Last Supper'?

10 hours ago, Reevesy said:

Supper should only be used when preceded with haggis, sausage, fish, pizza crunch or black pudding.

I could murder a deep fried steak pie supper. Soggy crust with it swimming in vinegar.

35 minutes ago, Ormond said:

I could murder a deep fried steak pie supper. Soggy crust with it swimming in vinegar.

Is that even a thing? Never heard of a steak pie being deep fried ?

1 minute ago, Ormond said:

All chippies in Perth do it. Probably just dipped into the fat short enough to stop it turning to pulp.

Never had a steak pie out the chippy. They're for new year and the odd Sunday dinner.

It's all about the chips, cheese and curry sauce with a single sausage if I have a chippy these days.

9 hours ago, Reevesy said:

Never had a steak pie out the chippy. They're for new year and the odd Sunday dinner.

It's all about the chips, cheese and curry sauce with a single sausage if I have a chippy these days.

Seriously? I can't think of one I've been in that doesn't sell steak pies.

21 hours ago, Parklife said:

When they're referencing the evening meal, i agree.

However when i was a wee boy i would have "supper", which was a pre-bed snack. Normally this was a slice of toast, or an apple or something small.

Piece n Jam, Glass of milk and the Oor Wullie Album. Supper of Champions!

About 12000 sold from is,rather disappointing,but not surprising. 

Expect thousands of people moaning like fvck and busses a nightmare to get a hold of if we win on Saturday. 

Will be the loons 3rd semi final by the age of 9, I had to wait until I was 22 or so to chalk that off. 

Some people don't realise how lucky they are to have a decent team out on the park to support in national semis.

Mon reds......