Scottish Cup Semi Finals - Page 6 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liam McLeod is an absolute tw@t of a commentator. He had Aberdeen in the semis after 12 seconds, creamed himself after the second goal and then shat himself for an hour before creaming himself again after the deflection.

Aberdeen were damn lucky to win that game today. Credit to both sides for an excellent spectacle - very unusual for a semi-final.

Anyone know the outcome of the boxing in the Clockwork?

Edited by Barney Rubble

Enjoyable game to watch. Hibs were clueless for the first 35 minutes, heading for a hiding with Cummings on his own up front. Bringing on Holt changed that, and then not sure what was going on with Aberdeen after that. McInnes' substitutions were a bit strange (was he really looking to sit on a one goal lead for most of the second-half when he brought on O'Connor?) and seemed to hand the initiative to Hibs. Cruel way to lose a game they probably deserved to win in the end. All good.

1 hour ago, Barney Rubble said:

Liam McLeod is an absolute tw@t of a commentator. He had Aberdeen in the semis after 12 seconds, creamed himself after the second goal and then shat himself for an hour before creaming himself again after the deflection.

Aberdeen were damn lucky to win that game today. Credit to both sides for an excellent spectacle - very unusual for a semi-final.

Anyone know the outcome of the boxing in the Clockwork?

What exactly happened ?

Along as a neutral what a fun way to spend a saturday afternoon, great hibs support (from both teams actually), 5 goals and a big barney in the hibs end - cannae beat auld loons fighting among themselves, waens and women getting thrown about too (okay no as bad but couple waens greetin and a bit shockin tbh)

got the "hibs hibs woooo" song stuck in my head and just need to figure how to get a ticket for the final...

Aberdeen stopped at 2-0 up, lennon brought on the carthorse and goal just before halftime had place bouncing, the half time dizzy pens was quite entertaining and glad hibs got the equaliser, wanted extra time n pens but a shitey goal wins and aberdeen progress to the final to pick up their runners up medals (unless ra shellcik it up against the sevco zombies or whatever they're called - how can you get bothered about a game when you want both teams to lose)

Everything about hampden sucks, and noon kick off did anyone any favours...

43 minutes ago, JasMc1973 said:

Along as a neutral what a fun way to spend a saturday afternoon, great hibs support (from both teams actually), 5 goals and a big barney in the hibs end - cannae beat auld loons fighting among themselves, waens and women getting thrown about too (okay no as bad but couple waens greetin and a bit shockin tbh)

got the "hibs hibs woooo" song stuck in my head and just need to figure how to get a ticket for the final...

Aberdeen stopped at 2-0 up, lennon brought on the carthorse and goal just before halftime had place bouncing, the half time dizzy pens was quite entertaining and glad hibs got the equaliser, wanted extra time n pens but a shitey goal wins and aberdeen progress to the final to pick up their runners up medals (unless ra shellcik it up against the sevco zombies or whatever they're called - how can you get bothered about a game when you want both teams to lose)

Everything about hampden sucks, and noon kick off did anyone any favours...

I'm not going to do that post justice. But bang on.  

I'd imagine that was a great watch for everyone that doesn't support Aberdeen or Hibs... Torturous experience for this Aberdeen fan :lol: 

i thought we were going to do it the easy way for once but, alas,not to be. 

Credit to Hibs, they can be proud of their team (sounds patronising, not meant to be). Credit also to Aberdeen. They didn't play but that team has some real character! 

Roll on May 27th :) 

McInnes interview after the game was pretty telling I thought. His emphasis seemed to be on the fact they have a 2nd chance to atone for the league cup final defeat and what was a pretty bad performance on the day. I'd imagine the focus will be on getting 2nd place guaranteed as quickly as possible and then giving some of his more important players a bit of a rest before the final.

3 minutes ago, the_fadiator said:

He was good, as was McLean (and McGinn), but I didn't think Scotland squad injustice at any point.

I will do this. He maybe isn't the most gifted at times but if Scotland had a couple of lads with shinnie's heart we'd be much better off.

1 hour ago, Mox said:

I'd imagine the focus will be on getting 2nd place guaranteed as quickly as possible and then giving some of his more important players a bit of a rest before the final.

Stuart McCall tried this in 2011, rested players in all the post split fixtures.

We finished 6th and didn't turn up for the final. :(

19 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

I will do this. He maybe isn't the most gifted at times but if Scotland had a couple of lads with shinnie's heart we'd be much better off.

That's a fair point. Well done the sheep. First SC final for a while. Enjoy.

1 minute ago, sbcmfc said:

Stuart McCall tried this in 2011, rested players in all the post split fixtures.

We finished 6th and didn't turn up for the final. :(

Yeh not sure I get the resting thing. If I was fortunate enough to have played football for a living I would want to play every week. It's just a great game.