Scottish Cup Semi Finals - Page 7 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

Yeh not sure I get the resting thing. If I was fortunate enough to have played football for a living I would want to play every week. It's just a great game.

I think you're coming from a position of any person who loves football and doesn't play it professionally, which I totally understand. However, the modern game is pretty punishing and Aberdeen have been playing competitive football since June (I think), so I'd imagine the players would be happy of a bit of rest before a final and I think McInnes would be happy to be given the opportunity to rest them should they get 2nd place wrapped up.

Back in a Scottish Cup final at last.

Thought we just shaded it overall and for once got a bit of luck.

Imagine both teams will look at the goals they conceded and be disappointed.

32k not a bad crowd for a 12.15 ko televised on council TV match.

Both sets of fans made it a great atmosphere. 

For those questioning Aberdeen's 13k there how many would Hibs have taken to Peterhead  (if stadium existed) under the same circumstances? The distance and ko time had a big effect.

I await the usual not understanding the concept of a neutral cup final from tomorrow's winners when the 50/50 split is announced. 

31 minutes ago, SteveHFC said:

No arguments from me mate tonight. Great game of football for both fans. Hopefully you's will go and win the cup :ok:

It was tongue in cheek from me. 

Was a good game to watch and to be fair,could only see one winner and it wasn't us. 

Hayes didn't look fit,but seemed to have words with the bench to tell them otherwise,glad they listened. 

We seemed to switch off at 2-0,on and off the park. 

Just a pity the day ended with balloons scrapping in the Queen's Park area over absolutely nothing and kids having to see it and get upset. 

Met many a hibee on the way back and everyone in good spirits,all things considered. 

Would like to know how many people missed the first goal,in either side,I would assume a good few :rollsmile:

11 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Just a pity the day ended with balloons scrapping in the Queen's Park area over absolutely nothing and kids having to see it and get upset. 

Clockwork too busy?

10 hours ago, Only One Stop said:

Boro sing a song all about Hibs. Wow. They must love us. 

How was your Saturday at B & Q?

or were you buying some bricks for a Bbq or perhaps some lottery tickets for a trip on a yacht.?

I really enjoyed my Saturday thanks - lots of laughs 

McGregor for Scotland.

Just now, Kirk said:

Hallidy could have been off for that tackle. Shocker. He really is pish

Playing up to his loyal peepel no doubt. Totally agree, should have gone.

Rangers are a bog standard English championship team, no question. (Probably means they'll win this now after me saying that)

Patrick Roberts got any Scottish grandparents ?