Tamb - where did it all go wrong? - Page 6 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tamb - where did it all go wrong?

1 hour ago, Reevesy said:

Yer man Clydesdale (or is it Clyde side) takes it stinking :lol:

to be fair he gets it more for being a nut job, being a weegie is just an added bonus for the flack he gets. 

his views on life in general are why he gets stick. he's batshit crazy

23 hours ago, iainmac1 said:

So to summarise, it is the fault of The SNP that this board is shit.

Does The Scotsman know? Sounds like thier kind of story.

Not that you're paranoid or anything ?

When posters start to annoy me by their constant 'black is white, everyone thinks that so I'll think this to be different' I comfort myself with the thought that pre internet they were up in their bedroom scratching their arms with their school compass trying to make a gang tattoo in the hope that would stop them getting a doing next day at school for being the resident fud. ( no not me, just a lad I went to school with who now I look back I think must have been dyslexic as his skin etchings never made up the gang he said he was in. ) The multiple posters sometimes bug me but more with their "who? Nope I'm new but happen to remember Jimbers and birds falling asleep during sex thread." If you're going to deceive then have a good memory. 

I don't post as much but that's just life at the moment, next time I miss my train stop I'll be posting for hours. I always noticed more arguments when it had been a while between competitive games but now I agree with others and think there is a decline on the board that matches the decline in our game. 

I've had a range of help on here from fixing my car radio to swimming in lochs up hills and stuff in between. Not a whit of help in all the years on how to get new fecking driving licence though! I've met nice friends and bad friends and had great laughs with both groups. I've visited places I would never have found without this place and not visited places I would have visited without this place. (Frantic call from nice friend that the reason flights to Slovakia were so cheap was because we were playing Slovenia.) 

It's a wee micro world on here and people take irrational dislikes to people in the real world, disagree politically and have up and down moods. I'm not on twitter or Facebook and don't feel I'm  missing out but although I'm not posting on here as much I'd really miss it if it wasn't available. 

I'd post pictures if I could TDYER, being a 5'9" Cindy Crawford lookalike why wouldn't I, but the 'file too big' message defeats me? B)

Edited by G-Man

31 minutes ago, G-Man said:

I'd post pictures if I could TDYER, being a 5'9" Cindy Crawford lookalike why wouldn't I, but the 'file too big' message defeats me? B)

I think I have a pic of you in your wetsuit if you want me to post it for you. Unfortunately I don't have any pics of the TASA visit in Belarus. :P

40 minutes ago, G-Man said:

When posters start to annoy me by their constant 'black is white, everyone thinks that so I'll think this to be different B)

Has it ever occurred to you, and I know this is a bit out there, that not every single human being on this planet will agree with you 100% about everything?

Some people post different views because they actually have different views.

7 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

Has it ever occurred to you, and I know this is a bit out there, that not every single human being on this planet will agree with you 100% about everything?

It would be really boring if we all agreed on everything, but I see the point she was making.

You ever listen to Adrian Durham on talk sport? There's no way he can believe some of the stuff he comes out with! He just argues black is white to generate debate.

Whether folk on here do it for "sport" orvthey gebuineky believe what they post I can't say, but I think some folk just like going against the grain.

15 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

Never ever. 

6 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

It would be really boring if we all agreed on everything, but I see the point she was making.

You ever listen to Adrian Durham on talk sport? There's no way he can believe some of the stuff he comes out with! He just argues black is white to generate debate.

Whether folk on here do it for "sport" orvthey gebuineky believe what they post I can't say, but I think some folk just like going against the grain.

Some people might be, that's true. But the problem with boards like this is that any sort of difference of opinion is seen as "trolling" by certain people simply because folk can't accept that others might think differently from them and their sheltered ideas of being a football fan.

You could almost certainly pick these folk out on away trips. Stuck up w4nks, full of self importance, and always have the "I'm a better fan than you" attitude.

Edited by Reevesy

23 minutes ago, andymac said:

I think I have a pic of you in your wetsuit if you want me to post it for you. Unfortunately I don't have any pics of the TASA visit in Belarus. :P

The take your top off in first room visit.  T;):)

5 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I listen to some radio programmes where I realise the presenters have to play devils advocate but others seem to just like to divide. I say this even when some of them seem to agree with my views. 

1 hour ago, G-Man said:

When posters start to annoy me by their constant 'black is white, everyone thinks that so I'll think this to be different' I comfort myself with the thought that pre internet they were up in their bedroom scratching their arms with their school compass trying to make a gang tattoo in the hope that would stop them getting a doing next day at school for being the resident fud. ( no not me, just a lad I went to school with who now I look back I think must have been dyslexic as his skin etchings never made up the gang he said he was in. ) The multiple posters sometimes bug me but more with their "who? Nope I'm new but happen to remember Jimbers and birds falling asleep during sex thread." If you're going to deceive then have a good memory. 

I don't post as much but that's just life at the moment, next time I miss my train stop I'll be posting for hours. I always noticed more arguments when it had been a while between competitive games but now I agree with others and think there is a decline on the board that matches the decline in our game. 

I've had a range of help on here from fixing my car radio to swimming in lochs up hills and stuff in between. Not a whit of help in all the years on how to get new fecking driving licence though! I've met nice friends and bad friends and had great laughs with both groups. I've visited places I would never have found without this place and not visited places I would have visited without this place. (Frantic call from nice friend that the reason flights to Slovakia were so cheap was because we were playing Slovenia.) 

It's a wee micro world on here and people take irrational dislikes to people in the real world, disagree politically and have up and down moods. I'm not on twitter or Facebook and don't feel I'm  missing out but although I'm not posting on here as much I'd really miss it if it wasn't available. 

I am fairly confident you will fall into the ' under promise over deliver ' category ?

It would have been good to have your nice friend around when I managed to book flights to Bucharest instead of Budapest as part of a wee european city tour when we played in Dortmund. All adds to the excitement I suppose. 

Good to know you are still out there , I am fed up being the token female representation on this board ???

I sound like a man so I like to think I have a foot in both camps! :(

Couple of TA did same as you re' Budapest and Bucharest. :lol: My way of remembering is Hungary Pest and R in Romania and Rest Doesn't exactly roll off the tongue but worked so far! 

5 minutes ago, G-Man said:

I sound like a man so I like to think I have a foot in both camps! :(

Couple of TA did same as you re' Budapest and Bucharest. :lol: My way of remembering is Hungary Pest and R in Romania and Rest Doesn't exactly roll off the tongue but worked so far! 

? haud on till I get a pen to write that down !

Having done it once hopefully I will not do it again. At least not when there are so many other ways I can fook up things. 

9 hours ago, G-Man said:

I've had a range of help on here from fixing my car radio to swimming in lochs up hills and stuff in between. Not a whit of help in all the years on how to get new fecking driving licence though! I've met nice friends and bad friends and had great laughs with both groups. I've visited places I would never have found without this place and not visited places I would have visited without this place. (Frantic call from nice friend that the reason flights to Slovakia were so cheap was because we were playing Slovenia.

:lol: I'm surprised you don't have more train escapades !? :lol:

Ultimately I think it boils down to the new format, Scotland being dire, No voting s, Rangers (RIP), no competition in the top league, the lose of decent posters and boring continuation of those who present opinion as fact.

No wonder its sh   ite

Does anyone remember the Classic from Amsterdam when one of the guys was (tongue in cheek but sounded so serious) asking about the the protocols and best timing for the red light district ? I was having lunch at my desk in Manchester and catching up with tinternet - and fell off my chair - never had a fit of the giggles like that for a long time and don't think I have done since - tickled me for days afterwards.