Tamb - where did it all go wrong? - Page 9 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tamb - where did it all go wrong?

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎18‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 3:49 AM, ErsatzThistle said:

I read this forum for several years before I ever joined it. Used to browse it whilst doing my homework and often browsed it during Info Systems classes.

If my memory is right was the "Vote for My Daughter" thread not about a father wanting votes for his daughter in a modelling contest or something ? She then got a couple of dirty e-mails and her father angrily posted threats that he was personally going to track down whoever was responsible and give them a doing ?

Also remember there were two Old Firm fans called "Ron" and "TartanBhoy", the former was a proud unionist and unashamed Tory voter from Fife who supported Rangers (?) and the latter was a somewhat hyper Celtic fan who saw anti-Celtic plots and intrigue all over the place (?) Both fiercely hated each other and had a running series of highly personal feuds, both ultimately got banned didn't they ?

And didn't the SFA once have a media rep with an account on the TAMB ? They would respond to queries and criticism on the likes of ticket sales, travel information, merchandise, supporter behaviour, matchday catering and facilities ?

A mate of mine (Rangers fan) read the forum too and registered two accounts which ended well ...........

One he made a few posts with during the latter end of the 2007-08 season. Have taken a look for them in the archived threads mentioned from 2008 but can't find them. Can't remember what his username was, think it was something like "TheTartanGer". Anyway he got banned on the night they lost the final in Manchester. He was very emotional and posted after someone taking the pish when the final whistle went "this is not the time for you to be cheeky with me because I am not in the mood" and then after someone else replied with more pish taking he posted "if you weren't behind that computer screen I'd knock your face back into last week". Next day he found his username and password weren't recognised anymore.

The other one he had was called "Gazzah" I'm fairly sure. He had a run in during in 2008 with someone (I'm positive it was Cove Sheep, wonder if he remembers ?) over a thread entitled "Good News For Rangers Fans With Kids" about plans to introduce a British oath of allegiance for schoolchildren. After a couple of strongly worded posts involving the then poor form of Jimmy Calderwood's Aberdeen team and accusing the entire Aberdeen support of rampant bestiality - this account too was closed forever. I distinctly remember that episode because we were in a classroom at the time, I was sitting right next to him, looking on as he angrily typed his reply. 

He's a plumber now.

Ron actually turned to being quite a fervent SNP supporter in the YES campaign.  He also ended up renouncing drink and became a born again Christian and can still be seen at Ibrox some weeks selling The Watchtower magazine.

11 hours ago, Scunnered said:

Saltire Lover was a personal highlight.

Not forgetting Wine Bibber.

Hey, Scunnered. I know you copped some degree of shit on here but I hope you stick around for a while. While I'm not as sanguine as Parklife, I can see Corbyn proving a lot of folk wrong and making it a whole lot harder for the Tories than May was hoping. :)

10 hours ago, giblet said:

Good to see you back Sir!

Thank you kindly :)

40 minutes ago, DonnyTJS said:

Hey, Scunnered. I know you copped some degree of shit on here but I hope you stick around for a while. While I'm not as sanguine as Parklife, I can see Corbyn proving a lot of folk wrong and making it a whole lot harder for the Tories than May was hoping. :)

I'll stick my head in now and again.  Really busy with a new job just now, but will find myself with more time in August. :wink2:

21 hours ago, McTeagle said:

Ron actually turned to being quite a fervent SNP supporter in the YES campaign.  He also ended up renouncing drink and became a born again Christian and can still be seen at Ibrox some weeks selling The Watchtower magazine.

Only the first part of that statement is true.  McTeagle was a boyhood Rangers fan, that's also true. 

2 hours ago, DonnyTJS said:

Will be interesting to see the initial polls after the manifesto launch. I think she May have been a tad too cocky. 

• 1 month later...
On 10/06/2016 at 4:56 AM, DonnyTJS said:

Just gone back through this version of the board and the archived old board. Decided to use May as an example as it's the most recent complete month. Then took the post-number of the first post of May 1 and the post-number of the last post of May 31 (to make it easier, that's the last May 31 post that ended a thread). Subtracting one from t'other gives a close-enough approximation of the number of posts made that month. The archived old board allows this to be done back to 2009. (Sounds sad but took less than an hour - still a bit sad I know.) So:

May 2009: 21,292 posts

May 2010: 16,895 posts (I think Reeky Sporran might have been suspended)

May 2011: 24,602 posts

May 2012: 19,106 posts

May 2013: 14,696 posts

May 2014: 17,434 posts

May 2015: 17,943 posts

May 2016: 9,505 posts

For all you Statos out there, I've just got around to totting up the May 2017 post total: an anaemic 6160.

The methodology isn't perfect, but its the same for each month of May since 2009 so should give a relative accuracy. That means that posts are now a quarter of their 2011 peak. But on the bright side, I'm sure we'd all agree that the quality has improved immensely ... :unsure:

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/19/2017 at 10:25 AM, DonnyTJS said:

For all you Statos out there, I've just got around to totting up the May 2017 post total: an anaemic 6160.

The methodology isn't perfect, but its the same for each month of May since 2009 so should give a relative accuracy. That means that posts are now a quarter of their 2011 peak. But on the bright side, I'm sure we'd all agree that the quality has improved immensely ... :unsure:

That is an alarming decline. I feel like there has been another significant wave of decline, quite recent, no stats just a looking at it. Board is in trouble man. I would not be surprised if one day you clicked it and it was just not there. I hope not but it is maybe dying. :mellow:

2 hours ago, thplinth said:

That is an alarming decline. I feel like there has been another significant wave of decline, quite recent, no stats just a looking at it. Board is in trouble man. I would not be surprised if one day you clicked it and it was just not there. I hope not but it is maybe dying. :mellow:

Yeah. At one point I looked in earlier and there hadn't been any new posts in around 2 hours. Football season is days away, lots of talking points in the news, Wimbledon and TDF on going, yet still, hardly anyone posting. 

Sad times. It's definitely dying a slow death. 

Its definetely much quieter  but at this particular time  I think it is because every bugger is on holiday. When you can get a seat on the train at 8am at Johnstone you know somethings not quite right. Also, the fire alarm went off at work today. I am on the top flloor and it normally takes 10 mins to get out the building by the time everyone shufflles down the stairs moaning  about the canteen burning the scones again . I skipped down  in 3 mins today. 

On the other hand the gonorrhoea  super bug may have arrived. 

Cvnts trying to get every cvnt banned is pish. Has been for a while. Look at the fun that guys like big Ron would bring with his wind up threads, watching eejits biting. :lol:

Isn't that better fun than the stagnating board of recent months? Instead of worrying about who PGB is now or At U Peter. :ph34r: :P

The board was better when folk never spent their entire time trying to grass like wee schoolboys.

I was never WendyWho by the way. I'll say it before Cove does. :D

Edited by Ormond

34 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Cvnts trying to get every cvnt banned is pish. Has been for a while. Look at the fun that guys like big Ron would bring with his wind up threads, watching eejits biting. :lol:

Isn't that better fun than the stagnating board of recent months? Instead of worrying about who PGB is now or At U Peter. :ph34r: :P

The board was better when folk never spent their entire time trying to grass like wee schoolboys.

I was never WendyWho by the way. I'll say it before Cove does. :D

Correct! Sad state of affairs when sad wee bawbags grass on you for calling them a moron and you get banned for a week. :lol: 

On 11/07/2017 at 10:38 PM, TDYER63 said:

Its definetely much quieter  but at this particular time  I think it is because every bugger is on holiday. When you can get a seat on the train at 8am at Johnstone you know somethings not quite right. 

I get a seat on that train every morning, no problem.

I get on at Milliken park though :D

33 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

I get a seat on that train every morning, no problem.

I get on at Milliken park though :D

Well,  the next time you are passing through respect your elders and give this old woman a seat ?

Guest BlueGaz
2 hours ago, Parklife said:

Correct! Sad state of affairs when sad wee bawbags grass on you for calling them a moron and you get banned for a week. :lol: 

Great week with no bigotted c**ts though.  :ok:

Edited by BlueGaz

Guest BlueGaz
8 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

Sounds a lot like Europa league qualifying round 2 

Well, I am sure some of you have managed to get tickets no doubt.