Tamb - where did it all go wrong? - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tamb - where did it all go wrong?

3 hours ago, iainmac1 said:

It was a bit sad when people used to all wear their TAMB t-shirts with their internet username on the back to games. Used to cringe something awful at that when Pandora's was full of them. That died a death fairly quickly though.

That and "if it's not Scottish, it's pish" t-shirts/jackets!

16 hours ago, Rossy said:

If you compare this board with 10 or 15 years ago, it's like night and day. 

I did some back-of-a-fag-packet research on the decline in posting volume a few months back for some thread or other - I'll resurrect it here for what it's worth ...

On 10/06/2016 at 4:56 AM, DonnyTJS said:

Just gone back through this version of the board and the archived old board. Decided to use May as an example as it's the most recent complete month. Then took the post-number of the first post of May 1 and the post-number of the last post of May 31 (to make it easier, that's the last May 31 post that ended a thread). Subtracting one from t'other gives a close-enough approximation of the number of posts made that month. The archived old board allows this to be done back to 2009. (Sounds sad but took less than an hour - still a bit sad I know.) So:

May 2009: 21,292 posts

May 2010: 16,895 posts (I think Reeky Sporran might have been suspended)

May 2011: 24,602 posts

May 2012: 19,106 posts

May 2013: 14,696 posts

May 2014: 17,434 posts

May 2015: 17,943 posts

May 2016: 9,505 posts

4 hours ago, Reevesy said:

It's also pretty ironic that you of all people are moaning about this, given that you are one of the most abusive posters on here.

You joined in December last year, I've been on this board since the beginning.

From the beginning, you accused me of being an 'abusive poster', with not a shred of evidence (because there is none) to back it up. Certainly none at all in the last 4 months.

Of course, you're on your third or fourth anonymous log-in name, and you've been on here for years. Despite being banned or having left, you just can't help yourself but come back, and you continue to play the man instead of the ball.

The reason why decent posters leave is because of posters like you. Rather boring obsessives who move from a club board onto here and troll this board daily.

But the travel forum is decent.

8 minutes ago, Rossy said:

You joined in December last year, I've been on this board since the beginning.

From the beginning, you accused me of being an 'abusive poster', with not a shred of evidence (because there is none) to back it up. Certainly none at all in the last 4 months.

Of course, you're on your third or fourth anonymous log-in name, and you've been on here for years. Despite being banned or having left, you just can't help yourself but come back, and you continue to play the man instead of the ball.

The reason why decent posters leave is because of posters like you. Rather boring obsessives who move from a club board onto here and troll this board daily.

But the travel forum is decent.

What's this "Move from a club board" patter all about, you do realise that it's easy enough to use this as well as a club board, don't you? Strange thing for you to mention given you yourself spend the majority of your time talking about Aberdeen on here. Nothing wrong with that of course, there's a whole forum dedicated to non Scotland topics, but it's hypocritical of you to moan about other people talking about their own teams.

I don't troll this board at all. Perhaps if you bothered to read my posts properly rather than "playing the man instead of the ball" then you'd see that. Your idea of trolling is someone holding a different opinion from yours, clearly.

Edited by Reevesy

The club board comment quite funny given how many Aberdeen supporting posters seem to love an argument, often when there isn't even an argument to be had! Doesn't bother me though - some of it's entertaining.

I don't think this board is any better or any worse than it was 10 years ago. Definitely less cliquey though. .

Wonder if Buckfast Warrior is still kicking about.....

2 hours ago, Rossy said:

The reason why decent posters leave is because of posters like you.

I don't think that is true. There's quite a few reasons there's less folk posting IMO: 

1. Devisive issues causing big arguments. Independence and Rangers were two of the biggest and most emotive issues on Scotland in the many years. Folk are passionate and say harsh words. This is obviously going to lead to folk not bothering (mainly Unionists and Rangers fans on here, as they are massively outnumbered) as they can't be arsed with the hassle.

2. Scotland being pish. Us being crap is clearly going to lead to more disagreements and passionate arguments, which folk cannot be arsed with. 

3. Moderation is lax and unfair, with Mods taking action depending on whether they like the poster or not. I probably benefit from the former but definitely suffer from the latter.

4. The board update makes the site more difficult to navigate on mobile. 

49 minutes ago, neil r said:

...and webcams.

One of my favouriute TAMB moments

3 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Mind the burds who got their tits out in Pandora's before a game about 10 years ago? I'm sure one of them posted on here. Pretty sure they were pals with Hawkeye and his boy, Richie?

There is definitely a shortage of photos these days. C'mon you know the rules.

Edited by Orraloon

7 hours ago, Reevesy said:

Then as dial up internet took over, most lassies were getting a phone line in their room, and had a separate number for you to phone them on.

Saved the hassle of dads and brothers asking wtf you were.  Life saver :D

Try having a romantic conversation on the phone and your next door neighbour suddenly cuts into the conversation from absolutely nowhere telling you to fook off and that you had been on long enough.  Party lines were great for nosying in on other peoples lives.   

On 4/10/2017 at 9:05 PM, Rossy said:

There's been no proper moderation on this board for a few years now. 

Man I don't want to fight but the only period I would criticize the moderation was when you were running rampant on here.

It was like  the whole 3 years out from the independence vote. :lol:

And it was neil lennon neil lennon neil... up to about 10 minutes before the damn vote. :banghead:

I am simplifying obviously but that was the gist of it. WHAT THE WERE YOU AND THE TAMB HONCHOS THINKING? I could have killed you all. 

Instead of turning the TAMB into the Scottish 'talk' board beyond football and politics you relegated it to...      well this.

9 hours ago, thplinth said:

Man I don't want to fight but the only period I would criticize the moderation was when you were running rampant on here.

It was like  the whole 3 years out from the independence vote. :lol:

And it was neil lennon neil lennon neil... up to about 10 minutes before the damn vote. :banghead:

I am simplifying obviously but that was the gist of it. WHAT THE WERE YOU AND THE TAMB HONCHOS THINKING? I could have killed you all. 

Instead of turning the TAMB into the Scottish 'talk' board beyond football and politics you relegated it to...      well this.

:lol:

That, of course, is only your personal opinion. All of us on here, including yourself, suffer from confirmation bias, where we search for meaning that backs up how we feel about certain posters.

I, and others no doubt, have another opinion, including finding your labelling of anyone who disagreed with you at the time as 'the hun team' as objectionable. But anyway...

You see, it's a messageboard. Everyone has different opinions. You might like some of them, you might not. But when those opinions spill into constant personal abuse of other posters, that's when there should be moderation. Most regular posters for a good few years, including myself, served temporary bans when feelings ran hot from time to time...that was fair enough.

Does that still happen ? I don't believe so when I look at some posts on other threads.

Oh and by the way, I have never, ever been a 'TAMB honcho'. Whatever that means.

31 minutes ago, Rossy said:

Does that still happen ? I don't believe so when I look at some posts on other threads.

Only to me, everyone else can do what the feck they want :ok: 

And for the heinous offence of calling someone "moron of the year". 

3 minutes ago, Parklife said:

That was weird.

Given that some others are getting away with constant personal abuse, and some of these threads could be doing with being closed down, 'moron of the year' would seem to rank pretty low on the banning scale..... :lol:

17 hours ago, neil r said:

Must be a good 3 or 4 generations of Tambers now who know nothing of running with bad crowds, doing things not to be proud of....

...and webcams.

17 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

The club board comment quite funny given how many Aberdeen supporting posters seem to love an argument, often when there isn't even an argument to be had! Doesn't bother me though - some of it's entertaining.

I don't think this board is any better or any worse than it was 10 years ago. Definitely less cliquey though. .

Wonder if Buckfast Warrior is still kicking about.....

He is still alive. He's got a kid.

20 minutes ago, Cove_Sheep said:

He is still alive. He's got a kid.

Nah.

I would love to meet the woman who let BW shag her.

Meet her from the other side of double-plated glass, obviously...

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

I got a ban for slagging some bampot in morse code. (I may be wrong)

Guest BlueGaz
26 minutes ago, mariokempes56 said:

I got a ban for slagging some bampot in morse code. (I may be wrong)

....  .-     ....  .-

Guest BlueGaz
Just now, Grim Jim said:

Google translate doesn't do morse :(

-.--  ---  ..- / -.-.  .-  -. / .--  ---  .-.  -.-  / ..  - /  ---  ..-  -  /  -.--  ---  ..-  .-.  ...  .  .-..  ..-.  / -  ....  ---  ..-  --.  ....