Thistle - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

15 hours ago, Regenmann said:

Unless playing Rangers, Celtic, Hearts of Aberdeen they get around 3,000 - subtract away fans and 'kids go free' and you're left with 2,000 maximum.

I couldn't tell you the last time I was at a Thistle-Killie game where there was as little as 2,000 home fans.

Everyone of them gets a hell of a lot more respect than those who follow the bigots from Govan and the East End like sheep.

12 hours ago, Regenmann said:

When they played Well back in September the crowd was around 3,000 - the chance to cement a first ever 'top six' meant last Saturday wasn't your usual run-of-the-mill game. There's always an exception to the rule. 

And what? Rather have 4,000 actual fans than hangers on.

Celtic couldn't even get close to filling their stadium last season, not even on the day they got the trophy but now have a waiting list like they did under MON.

At least Thistle don't see half their support disappear when they aren't playing well.

I'd rather spend a lifetime going to watch Thistle v Albion Rovers at Firhill than spend a minute in amongst the spotty chinned, nose picking wanna-be pretendy terrorist lovers of the Green Brigade at Celtic Park.

If I had to.

And as long as I didn't have to sit next to Olas.

Kudos to anyone who chooses Thistle over the Bigot Brothers :ok:.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I'm sure the feeling is mutual.

Image result for celtic fans firhill

Ah, whataboutery. Oh, and FTR I'm most certainly not a Celtic fan.

People (with justification) are quick to condemn OF fans for racism and sectarianism, but it's brushed under the carpet when fans of other clubs are the perpetrators.

1 hour ago, Rossy said:

I'd rather spend a lifetime going to watch Thistle v Albion Rovers at Firhill than spend a minute in amongst the spotty chinned, nose picking wanna-be pretendy terrorist lovers of the Green Brigade at Celtic Park.

If I had to.

And as long as I didn't have to sit next to Olas.

Kudos to anyone who chooses Thistle over the Bigot Brothers :ok:.

And..... he's back. With exactly the type of antagonistic post he's just decried on another thread ?

49 minutes ago, Regenmann said:

Ah, whataboutery. Oh, and FTR I'm most certainly not a Celtic fan.

People (with justification) are quick to condemn OF fans for racism and sectarianism, but it's brushed under the carpet when fans of other clubs are the perpetrators.

Not a Celtic fan in the Celtic end at a Celtic game? You have the cheek to moan about Whataboutery!!

PS - Good to hear Sectarianism alive and well at Parkhead on Saturday. I'm sure Lee McCulloch will be delighted to know he's an Orangeman with unmarried parents.

People in glass houses.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Not a Celtic fan in the Celtic end at a Celtic game? You have the cheek to moan about Whataboutery!!

PS - Good to hear Sectarianism alive and well at Parkhead on Saturday. I'm sure Lee McCulloch will be delighted to know he's an Orangeman with unmarried parents.

People in glass houses.

I never said I was at the game! A video was brought to my attention last year - it lasted several minutes and comprised of Partick fans using sectarian and racist language.

On 12 April 2017 at 2:47 PM, Squirrelhumper said:

Since when did Thistle have a core support of 1500?!

Your post stinks of typical old firm arrogance.

I'm sad to say it but he's probably not too far off the mark.  I'm a season ticket holder at Firhill and ouwith Aberdeen, the OF and Hearts and Hibs it's rare these days to get a crowd much in excess of 3,000  - although I'm not convinced this factors in the U16s, who get in for nowt.  Either way it's disappointing, since it's our best season in the top flight since the early 80s.

Still, the training facility is a great bit of news.  It's not essential but it'd be great if they could build it in the north or west of the city, to keep that community feel going.

5 hours ago, Regenmann said:

I never said I was at the game! A video was brought to my attention last year - it lasted several minutes and comprised of Partick fans using sectarian and racist language.

They're not singing a song that ends with FTP and FTQ are they?

7 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

They're not singing a song that ends with FTP and FTQ are they?

They've sung that for years, and don't seem to get any grief for it. I couldn't care less but it does smack of double standards.

16 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

They've sung that for years, and don't seem to get any grief for it. I couldn't care less but it does smack of double standards.

I think it's meant more as in "we don't care" as I'm sure the words are "f*** your pope and f*** your queen"

the "your" rather than "the" changes the context a bit.

12 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I think it's meant more as in "we don't care" as I'm sure the words are "f*** your pope and f*** your queen"

the "your" rather than "the" changes the context a bit.

I know fine well what the context is, and like I said it doesn't bother me, but it doesn't make it any less offensive under the OBAF act.

I wouldn't be allowed to sing "I'm an atheist, so fuk Muslims and fuk Jews" regardless of the context.

32 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

No double standards. As sbcmfc mentions it's not FTP or FTQ, and never has been. 

Just now, SteveMcD said:

No double standards. As sbcmfc mentions it's not FTP or FTQ, and never has been. 

So changing "the" to "your" means something isn't offensive? Behave ffs :lol:

2 hours ago, Reevesy said:

So changing "the" to "your" means something isn't offensive? Behave ffs :lol:

pretty sure ita about hating the old firm and nothing to do with hating the Pope or queen so yes it does mean it's not offensive

On 13/04/2017 at 6:01 PM, Reevesy said:

This guy did: 

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/student-convicted-under-controversial-anti-sectarian-3037633

A bit ironic, if you ask me, since the underlying message of that song is in tune with (pardon the pun) what the OBFA is trying to achieve.  As well intentioned as it might be, the OBFA is a flawed piece of legislation.

On 13/04/2017 at 0:04 PM, Regenmann said:

First I've heard of it, and I have been at Parkhead to see Thistle a few times over the past couple of years.  I would have expected such an incident to stick in my mind, especially if it lasted for several minutes and, as you say, Thistle don't have a very large support these days, meaning those fans would have been more conspicuous.  Maybe it happened at a game I wasn't at (I've been to most but not all).  It's a pity the video has been deleted.

51 minutes ago, scotlad said:

This guy did: 

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/student-convicted-under-controversial-anti-sectarian-3037633

A bit ironic, if you ask me, since the underlying message of that song is in tune with (pardon the pun) what the OBFA is trying to achieve.  As well intentioned as it might be, the OBFA is a flawed piece of legislation.

First I've heard of it, and I have been at Parkhead to see Thistle a few times over the past couple of years.  I would have expected such an incident to stick in my mind, especially if it lasted for several minutes and, as you say, Thistle don't have a very large support these days, meaning those fans would have been more conspicuous.  Maybe it happened at a game I wasn't at (I've been to most but not all).  It's a pity the video has been deleted.

Given how vigilant the stewards in the away end at parkhead tend to be, I'd be surprised if they got away with this sustained racist and sectarian behaviour.

You got flung out for not sitting down, even if there's not a seat.

:lol: