Rumour of snap GE -announcement 11.15 - Page 13 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rumour of snap GE -announcement 11.15

4 hours ago, aaid said:

Maybe not in terms of the amount of abuse - or the quarters it's coming from - but I'd say its a lot nastier than anything Salmond got and that's for one reason only, because she's a women.

I've had people say to me they "hate" Nicola Sturgeon, but when pushed as to why, all they have is

"all she talks about is independence"

or

"she's got lego hair"

For a while I felt the 1st point was unfair, as she was only responding to what she was asked, although recently I can see that to an extent.

She does have lego hair, but I'm not really bothered what she looks like, I quite like how she conducts herself.

Heard Lesley Riddoch, among other speakers (Wee Ginger Dug, Billy Kay, Robin McAlpine, and the English Scots for Indy), at a Yes rally in Dundee yesterday. She reported that some quite high-profile pro-Union commentators are admitting privately that in ten years Scotland will be independent.

The issue now is when and how we get there . Behave as if it's true, and you walk taller. Opponents can't dismiss you as easily, and they're already starting to sh*te it.

The EU issue is one to be left for later. She offered the possibility of a Nordic-style option, in the EEA but not the EU. The point is we don't have to decide that yet. Lots of things are possible.

Indy won't happen without working for it, but it's getting closer.

8 minutes ago, wheres the pies said:

Hello ally where did you find this guy need to show the clowns doon here his wee videos :lol:

He is the Artist Taxi Driver aka chunkymark - just search Youtube for those names

Been ranting for a few years

We need to watch that this campaign covers all aspects of a snp government,,, the fact that they genuinely run a sound government needs to be rammed home,,my wifes cousin has recently been posting pro concervitive drivel,, hes an intelligent young man who had been swept along with the snp bad guff thats awash in the area at the moment,, he was a snp pro independence man previously,,, im biding my time to get him back on side,,, my points to him will be as follows . he has recently finished university of which was free had we been led by a tory government in scotland he would be straddled with 50k tuition,, secondly and most importantly is his father was diagnosed with an illness which scottish males get screened for at the age of 50 compared with 60 down south,, he had no sytoms when he took the screening but it came back with a problem which crucially  was delta with quickly,,, IF we were under the a tory government the chances are his father would be in a far wirse place than hes is at the moment.... it never fails to surprise me how easily influenced/manipulated  people are..

my point being voters like this need to be reminded why they once voted snp

1 hour ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

We need to watch that this campaign covers all aspects of a snp government,,, the fact that they genuinely run a sound government needs to be rammed home,,my wifes cousin has recently been posting pro concervitive drivel,, hes an intelligent young man who had been swept along with the snp bad guff thats awash in the area at the moment,, he was a snp pro independence man previously,,, im biding my time to get him back on side,,, my points to him will be as follows . he has recently finished university of which was free had we been led by a tory government in scotland he would be straddled with 50k tuition,, secondly and most importantly is his father was diagnosed with an illness which scottish males get screened for at the age of 50 compared with 60 down south,, he had no sytoms when he took the screening but it came back with a problem which crucially  was delta with quickly,,, IF we were under the a tory government the chances are his father would be in a far wirse place than hes is at the moment.... it never fails to surprise me how easily influenced/manipulated  people are..

I'm sure you'll do a good job in bring him around to his senses.

2 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Not a lot of capital letters in that.

ron.

This election also seems so far anyway to be based very little on policy or substance. To be fair to Labour, well English/British Labour, they are actually talking about issues.

It's basically a ''We wanted Brexit, didn't we?'' referendum - and if there are debates/QT etc we'll hear about getting a good/strong deal etc and not much else from the Tories; and it's working to an extent - they are polling between 45-50% throughout the UK.

I hope the gap will tighten and it changes, but I strongly doubt it. A lot of talk of tactical alliances and such, but feels a bit of an echo-chamber. Although the Libs not standing in Brighton, people pushing Gina Miller and the other parties to step aside to run against May in Maidenhead, etc would certainly be very interesting.

You've also got 38% of Leavers in Scotland - some who will not vote Tory - but a lot no doubt will especially if they voted No to indy and Leave to independence ; and they are raging at the thought of the SNP trying to pull about another independence referendum. Like an Ulster-lite version of politics. Having listened to Radio Ulster today and they are all talking about UUP/DUP pacts 'a strong Unionist' message, etc and it doesn't seem to dissimilar especially with the roasters in both camps online -in politics rather than society than Scotland.

The FPTP is a strange system and whilst there's no doubt the Tory vote will increase, I think the 12 or so gains that Curtice etc are talking up from one poll could be a bit far fetched. So whilst the SNP probably will lose seats, to turn 6-10,000 vote majorities around in 3/4 way constituencies - and if you are a Liberal (or Lab even to an extent) voter, do you really back the Tories over your own party, when your own party may well win the seat? Depends on if your unionism beats your social conscious?

A long way to go, and in Scotland's case it's a couple of polls, but if anything these 'high' Tory numbers for Scotland hopefully will give enough people a boot up the arse within the SNP  and voters who are apathetic, to go out and vote.

18 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

I've had people say to me they "hate" Nicola Sturgeon, but when pushed as to why, all they have is

"all she talks about is independence"

or

"she's got lego hair"

For a while I felt the 1st point was unfair, as she was only responding to what she was asked, although recently I can see that to an extent.

She does have lego hair, but I'm not really bothered what she looks like, I quite like how she conducts herself.

Lego hair ??? never heard that but it's kinda true. As you saidni couldn't care less what she looks like. A guy in the pub was going on about hating her and how could you vote for her coz she was so ugly etc. He wasn't best pleased when i said that he liked the queen and she was ugly as f*ck, he just couldn't understand it at all. 

I fancy Nicola Sturgeon rotten !

Image result for nicola sturgeon jeans

All these nasty comments about her are just a disguise to why they really dont like her and it usually involves the team they support.

They probably have pictures of Theresa May along with Thatcher all over their Facebook pages - both hideous

3 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

All these nasty comments about her are just a disguise to why they really dont like her and it usually involves the team they support.

They probably have pictures of Theresa May along with Thatcher all over their Facebook pages - both hideous

In a threesome with Ken Clark.

46 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

I find that some don't like her because they've basically been told by the London based press not to like her.

It was the same with Alex Salmond. When you pushed them on why they didn't like him, the stock answer came back, 'Cos I jist dinnae like him.'

Ch4 news interviewing punters & Tory MPs  in England . MPs totally delighted that on the doorstep they are hearing "May is fab etc etc, great leader".

She doesn't do interviews (and if so never answers a question), cannot debate at all other than repeating the same old sound bites.

Am I alone in thinking she is utterly out of her depth ? Is just down south that seems to think she is marvelous ?

Edited by mariokempes56