Rumour of snap GE -announcement 11.15 - Page 19 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rumour of snap GE -announcement 11.15

11 hours ago, exile said:

Spoof or the real thing, beyond parody?

Kim Jong Ruth 'interviews' Kim Jong May

https://twitter.com/theresa_may

(post tweeted 29.4.17)

That is awful, the most  staged thing I have seen in a while.

PM : ' well thank you Ruth'

Ruth : giggle giggle giggle 

And those hand gestures. They really lose all credibility when used constantly. By any politician. 

It's getting to the point that i cannot read newspapers anymore, apart from maybe the horse racing section and what's on TV.

I already only watch political programmes on TV to see how biased they are that particular week.

The media is supposed to be an organ for justice and the truth but in the main has become an establishment propaganda tool

It is soul destroying because the end result will not be pleasant

28 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

It's getting to the point that i cannot read newspapers anymore, apart from maybe the horse racing section and what's on TV.

I already only watch political programmes on TV to see how biased they are that particular week.

The media is supposed to be an organ for justice and the truth but in the main has become an establishment propaganda tool

Are you telling us that you think this is something new? I just think that more folk are starting to realise it. Still not nearly enough folk though.

34 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Maybe we need another level of scrutiny, where people get to ask the journalists why they asked that, or didn't ask that, and point out the flaws in the arguments. i was thinking of a sort of Big Brother's Little Brother (?) type thing , where an audience is allowed to grill Dimbleby, Marr, Neill, etc and expose their errors and prejudices. I suppose this is what social media does, in sense people argue amongst themselves, but the journalists themselves are never held to account. 

Or maybe for newspapers, they should not review the newspapers (on tv, radio) unless they participate in some such scheme. Those newspaper reviews are far too cosy and the stories and motives are rarely challenged...

Maybe time will tell, the younger/online generation see all the different sides to the stories, it's those who only see BBC & newspapers who are most vulnerable to the propaganda supporting the status quo

Edited by exile

47 minutes ago, exile said:

Maybe we need another level of scrutiny, where people get to ask the journalists why they asked that, or didn't ask that, and point out the flaws in the arguments. i was thinking of a sort of Big Brother's Little Brother (?) type thing , where an audience is allowed to grill Dimbleby, Marr, Neill, etc and expose their errors and prejudices. I suppose this is what social media does, in sense people argue amongst themselves, but the journalists themselves are never held to account. 

Or maybe for newspapers, they should not review the newspapers (on tv, radio) unless they participate in some such scheme. Those newspaper reviews are far too cosy and the stories and motives are rarely challenged...

Maybe time will tell, the younger/online generation see all the different sides to the stories, it's those who only see BBC & newspapers who are most vulnerable to the propaganda supporting the status quo

Don't know if there will be any opportunities to question certain journalists on this news website, but hopefully it is a start and this type of news will catch on.

Of course the daily hate has typically went all out on the attack on the proprietor of this new site, Jimmy Wales.

I wonder why the daily hate is going after the man if they've got nothing to hide.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/apr/25/wikipedia-founder-jimmy-wales-to-fight-fake-news-with-new-wikitribune-site 

6 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Out of interest are there any Tory voters on here? If so I'd just like to know your reasons for voting in this way. Fair dos after all if you are out there you are getting a good read out of us who will vote SNP - no screts here eh?

Are you not listening ? Strong , stable leadership ..

9 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

No I don't call backtracking on budgets and axing key parts of it after announcing it and doing a 360 degree return on key issues. Hardly strong at all. Stable? Well maybe as she does look like she belongs in one of them.

Quite, nor is it stable . I was being facetious. 

8 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Out of interest are there any Tory voters on here? If so I'd just like to know your reasons for voting in this way. Fair dos after all if you are out there you are getting a good read out of us who will vote SNP - no screts here eh?

the TAMB pogroms got rid of them all.

On 29/04/2017 at 11:00 PM, Ally Bongo said:

Miriam Brett standing for the SNP in Orkney & Shetland against pinocchio Carmichael

She is the first female candidate up there since 1997. :shocked: 

This is one of those seats where the Lying Scumbag could benefit from tactical voting. Hopefully Halcro Johnson can get a few more votes than the last time he stood for election and split the Unionist vote. Can't see it though. The tories will do anything to try to keep the SNP out.

11 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

C-snWjBXsAElT5A.jpg

C-snXIhXkAA3py8.jpg

C-snYNbXgAALI32.jpg

C-snYxmXsAAn6ut.jpg

I wonder who these "senior Commission sources" are? Is this Cliffe geezer a trustworthy source. 

I can just about imagine this level of naivety from politicians but the civil service must be involved as well. They can't possibly be this ignorant? Or does May just not listen to them?

That reads almost like a comedy sketch from the Daily Mash.

1 minute ago, Orraloon said:

I wonder who these "senior Commission sources" are? Is this Cliffe geezer a trustworthy source. 

I can just about imagine this level of naivety from politicians but the civil service must be involved as well. They can't possibly be this ignorant? Or does May just not listen to them?

That reads almost like a comedy sketch from the Daily Mash.

He's the Berlin correspondent for the Economist but he's basically translating from an article that was in the German Newspaper Frankfurter Allegemeine Zeitung.  

Usually when journalist quotes "senior sources" at XYZ as talking off the record it's generally code for whoever is in charge themselves, their chief of staff or at the very least a senior adviser, someone who can legitimately be considered to be speaking for the person in charge and that the person in charge is fully aware that the information is likely to be leaked.

In this case, I'd say the leak is from Juncker himself or one of his team.  The key there is the detail about the 7-30 am call to Merkel the next morning.  Someone who was at the evening meeting but not necessarily that close to Juncker wouldn't necessarily know that call took place. 

1 hour ago, aaid said:

He's the Berlin correspondent for the Economist but he's basically translating from an article that was in the German Newspaper Frankfurter Allegemeine Zeitung.  

Usually when journalist quotes "senior sources" at XYZ as talking off the record it's generally code for whoever is in charge themselves, their chief of staff or at the very least a senior adviser, someone who can legitimately be considered to be speaking for the person in charge and that the person in charge is fully aware that the information is likely to be leaked.

In this case, I'd say the leak is from Juncker himself or one of his team.  The key there is the detail about the 7-30 am call to Merkel the next morning.  Someone who was at the evening meeting but not necessarily that close to Juncker wouldn't necessarily know that call took place. 

Assuming that phone call did actually take place, of course. ;)

Sorry, but I'm just a naturally suspicious person and that story just seems too daft to be true. I could well be wrong though. Sometimes reality is stranger than fiction. Maybe she is as far out of her depth as this would suggest?

We will have a better idea once this is reported in our own UK media;)

39 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Assuming that phone call did actually take place, of course. ;)

Sorry, but I'm just a naturally suspicious person and that story just seems too daft to be true. I could well be wrong though. Sometimes reality is stranger than fiction. Maybe she is as far out of her depth as this would suggest?

We will have a better idea once this is reported in our own UK media;)

I see the response from Downing Street is "We don't recognise that account" which is a non-denial denial. 

Now while there's no doubt some Remain spin put on from the EU commission, I'd be inclined to believe the major substance as it supports other similar reports.

17 hours ago, phart said:

the TAMB pogroms got rid of them all.

think my parents used to vote tory around 30 years ago (fermer's)

i always been the dysfunctional one voting SNP since School Dummy Elections in 85

likely i am too political - back in country 1 day and arguing with mother/brother on politics   

Edited by euan2020

On ‎30‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 0:47 PM, Caledonian Craig said:

:wave:

My politics have been slightly right of centre for nigh on 40 years and they most closely match my own values (individual freedom and personal responsibility being high up there) - I don't come from Tory territory - brought up in a council house in Darnley.