Rumour of snap GE -announcement 11.15 - Page 22 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rumour of snap GE -announcement 11.15

18 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

If not for the blood sacrifice of the British, Juncker would be speaking German today. Show some respect, you puffed-up political pygmy.

Remoaners are the rich. This is the Battle of Britain without the aerial fighting. Can't wait to vote for Brexit again!

The battle of #Brexit is like the Battle of Britain for my generation. There are no limits to how much time and money I will commit to it.

Jist read the data in the latest yougov pol and the comments heres one that stands out"""In the adjusted poll the SNP get 40% with the Tories on 37%. In the full poll the SNP get 34% and the Tories 31%, and this is the pertinent bit because it shows 15% Don't Knows/Would Not Vote, plenty of voters for all parties in Scotland to fight for. I'd be suprised if the SNP got drastically less than 45% of the vote nationally in Scotland, unfortunately, which means them retaining most of their seats outside the North East and the Borders (though tactical voting might help the Lib Dems in Fife).

Possible advantages for small 'u' unionist vote is that the SNP will inevitably make big gains in today's local elections, mainly because they are working off of a smaller pre-referendum base vote from the 2012 local elections. And if the STV voting aligns on constitutional lines, the Greens may make signifcant gains in terms of councillors from second and third preferences. Together, the seemingly strong SNP performance might convince nationalist voters that all is well for the SNP and lower nationalist turnout in June, or it could enthuse and encourage otherwise Green voters to endorse their own party at the GE, taking tactical votes away from the SNP. At least that is my overly-optimistic wishful thinking..."""

15 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Jist read the data in the latest yougov pol and the comments heres one that stands out"""In the adjusted poll the SNP get 40% with the Tories on 37%. In the full poll the SNP get 34% and the Tories 31%, and this is the pertinent bit because it shows 15% Don't Knows/Would Not Vote, plenty of voters for all parties in Scotland to fight for. I'd be suprised if the SNP got drastically less than 45% of the vote nationally in Scotland, unfortunately, which means them retaining most of their seats outside the North East and the Borders (though tactical voting might help the Lib Dems in Fife).

I assume you're talking about the poll done 2/3 May, in which case it's a sub sample of 190 so it's pretty meaningless on its own.  If 10 people said they would vote SNP rather than Tory then you'd have the SNP on 45% and the Tories on 32%, nothing to get excited about.

There's a whole big countrywide poll happening today that will give a better idea of where people are at.

Interesting though that the SNP are polling 2% in London and 1% in Midlands/Wales. 

36 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

I will easy bet on that no problem

You're on :ok: 

10 minutes ago, fringo said:

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, standing

Is that supposed to be funny? ?

5 minutes ago, mariokempes56 said:

What is a "political sock puppet" ?

Is it bad ?

It's bad

Used to describe a person who has no original thoughts, opinions, or ideas of his/her own. Instead they regurgitate the "party-line" or talking points of others; usually of their particular political party.

Almost as bad as having a sock w@nk seemingly

Edited by Ally Bongo

2 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

It's bad

Used to describe a person who has no original thoughts, opinions, or ideas of his/her own. Instead they regurgitate the "party-line" or talking points of others; usually of their particular political party.

Almost as bad as having a sock w@nk seemingly

Sock - whank . By jove that takes me back.

2 hours ago, aaid said:

I assume you're talking about the poll done 2/3 May, in which case it's a sub sample of 190 so it's pretty meaningless on its own.  If 10 people said they would vote SNP rather than Tory then you'd have the SNP on 45% and the Tories on 32%, nothing to get excited about.

There's a whole big countrywide poll happening today that will give a better idea of where people are at.

Interesting though that the SNP are polling 2% in London and 1% in Midlands/Wales. 

Yes thats the poll,, and yes its a sub sample,, too much politics in such a short space of time,, need to take a step back from it all,, saying that i like it at the same time 

3 minutes ago, mariokempes56 said:

Sock - whank . By jove that takes me back.

I know of someone that regularly visited his big brother's sock drawer before he cracked one off 

At some point his older brother found out (i dont know how - possibly continually pulling on socks that were hard at the toe or catching him in the act).

Obviously the elder brother was as raging as he was disgusted and wanted to punch fvck out of his younger brother.

The younger brother said to him lets go outside then and as the older brother walked onto the front lawn he locked him out.

I'm not sure that it ended with everyone seeing the funny side of it and having a laugh

Anyone else see how Northampton South's Tory MP David Mackintosh was brought down by dodgy dealings relating to Northampton Town FC from his time as a councillor - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-39740178

And Isle of Wight Tory MP, Andrew Turner, brought down for jaw dropping statement about gay people to an audience of teenagers - https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/apr/28/tory-mp-steps-down-after-telling-pupils-homosexuality-is-wrong

I'd love to know just who hampden_loon wants to replace the disastrous, incompetent Nicola Sturgeon as SNP leader. The return of Gordon Wilson probably.

Someone who'll get the communists, tree-huggers and EU lovers out the party and get things back to what they were in 1983 for the SNP. The good old days when the SNP had only 2 MPs, a handful of councillors nationwide, £1.50 in the party bank account, nasty internal schisms between members and being a laughing stock. Hmmm, I think I prefer things the way they are now thanks :ok:

10 hours ago, 86glebestreet said:

Not funny at all,.  It's fcukin hilarious 

I guess it'll appeal to the the unthinking folk who find it easier for their small brains to judge people based on a 2 minute interview, rather than their lives work. 

35 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I guess it'll appeal to the the unthinking folk who find it easier for their small brains to judge people based on a 2 minute interview, rather than their lives work. 

I love it when Parkie gets on his high horse 

:lol::lol::lol:

Edited by vanderark14

8 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I love it when Parkie gets on his high horse 

:lol::lol::lol:

It's the fascination with finesse over substance that has led us to end up with utter khunts like Blair and Cameron as PM. 

If opposing that is being on my high horse, then you've got me :ok: