Rumour of snap GE -announcement 11.15 - Page 30 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rumour of snap GE -announcement 11.15

Was the Brexit vote in England not about going back to the 50s ?

Almost certain it was

The summer holidays from primary school lasted AGES in the 70s

Football on the radio was immense unlike now

19 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Was the Brexit vote in England not about going back to the 50s ?

Almost certain it was

The summer holidays from primary school lasted AGES in the 70s

Football on the radio was immense unlike now

Scotland qualified for World Cup Finals and England didn't. What's not to like about the 1970s. 

10 minutes ago, aaid said:

Scotland qualified for World Cup Finals and England didn't. What's not to like about the 1970s. 

Yup. Watching Scotland concoct ever-new and more imaginative ways of failing to get through the first round of the finals certainly brightened the decade no end.

4 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

The labour manifesto is a good document. I don't agree with some of the points but certainly it has substance and is a very bold statement of intent. Better than the Tories three word manifesto# strongandstable.

You're forgetting their other five words - We crave to kill foxes.

12 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Corbyn taking us back to the 70s with his manifesto...

4 hours ago, Parklife said:

What an utterly pathetic comment.

I wasn't necessarily insinuating that it would be a bad thing.

2 hours ago, Orraloon said:

I wouldn't mind going back to the 70s. It was a great time to be alive.

:ok:

That Labour manifesto looks very appealing and I would certainly vote for them if living in England. No doubt Kezia or some of the muppets in SLAB  like Ian Murray will come out in the next few hours distancing themselves from this  and get a low blow in.

Sadly it looks like for most Brits the only interest in this election is for Brexit. May won't take any questions from journos and doing limited campaigning - go to a factory, allow certain people in then out the back door yet people won't vote Corbyn cos he has a messy garden or his tie doesn't suit right. 

I really detest the Lib Dems though, almost as much as the Tories, especially their Scottish branch. I hope their big 'comeback' ends up amounting to more or less the same as it did last week.

5 hours ago, DonnyTJS said:

Yes, that's sort of how it seems to me, though I suspect some of that is with the benefit of a rosy rear-view mirror.

It was great to be the age we (I suspect) were - utterly irresponsible, full grant for Uni, great bands, cheap gigs & beer. Then again, it probably wasn't that good if you were gay, black, Lancastrian or Ted Heath.

Also, there was the three-day week, 'Winter of Discontent', 'the Troubles' and the Bay City Rollers. A bit of a mixed bag, all in all.

I think Ted Heath did alright with a steady supply of cabin boys for morning cloud (allegedly).

Not so good for your football team though as you failed to qualify for any World Cup whilst we were arguably in the top six in the World.

And ABBA, sex pistols, Blondie, Zepplin etc

On 18/04/2017 at 4:51 PM, biffer said:

Thirdly, this could be out of necessity if she's been warned that the CPS are going to prosecute 20 odd Tory MPs from the last election with election fraud.

Serious question: will those MPs be allowed to stand if they have pending prosecutions?

On 11/05/2017 at 10:22 AM, aaid said:

I couldn't vote Labour where I live while they are so violently opposed to Independence, in fact it's the opposition to having a second referendum that is worse for me as its fundamentally anti-democratic regardless of your views on the constitution. 

I couldn't vote Labour in this particular election as I've had personal dealings with him over a number of years and he is a grade A Gareth Hunt, in fact I'd go so far as to say that for me at least he's even more unacceptable than the incumbent - who is of course Theresa May.

if the Greens are standing a candidate I'll vote for them as I've done at the last few elections. If not then at least I'll have a good selection of "off-the-wall" alternative candidates to select from. 

That's an extraordinary thing to say. Do you have the slightest evidence for saying that?

45 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Serious question: will those MPs be allowed to stand if they have pending prosecutions?

Moot question : CPS says there'll be no prosecutions brought: http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-39291495

43 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

That's an extraordinary thing to say. Do you have the slightest evidence for saying that?

Why is it extraordinary? Have you never dealt with someone who turned out to be a James Blunt? You don't need 'evidence' to form and express an opinion.

Just now, DonnyTJS said:

Moot question : CPS says there'll be no prosecutions brought: http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-39291495

Why is it extraordinary? Have you never dealt with someone who turned out to be a James Blunt? You don't need 'evidence' to form and express an opinion.

I know many people who have met him and he is always described as polite and respectful, nothing of the Jeremy Hunt about him at all. Corbyn's policies are going down well; no one ever explains just what his lack of charisma actually amounts to.