Rumour of snap GE -announcement 11.15 - Page 31 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rumour of snap GE -announcement 11.15

1 minute ago, Third Lanark said:

I know many people who have met him and he is always described as polite and respectful, nothing of the Jeremy Hunt about him at all. Corbyn's policies are going down well; no one ever explains just what his lack of charisma actually amounts to.

Maybe I've got this wrong, but I took aaid to be talking about his local constituency candidate, not Corbyn. I assumed he stays in Maidenhead - that's how I read his post anyroad.

9 minutes ago, DonnyTJS said:

Maybe I've got this wrong, but I took aaid to be talking about his local constituency candidate, not Corbyn. I assumed he stays in Maidenhead - that's how I read his post anyroad.

That's what i thought he meant to. 

1 hour ago, Third Lanark said:

That's an extraordinary thing to say. Do you have the slightest evidence for saying that?

Absolutely, but it wouldn't be of any interest to anyone on here.  I've known the guy for over twenty years due to a mutual involvement in a local club.   I think that gives me the ability to judge his personal character and integrity.  I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him. 

50 minutes ago, DonnyTJS said:

Correct, I've actually got a bit of time for Corbyn but have serious doubts about his leadership qualities. 

Another great day for Labour. May repeating the same boring rhetoric to Tory party members, while Corbyn speaks very, very well. 

I think the polls will move massively between now and polling day. 

Tories to lose their majority but still win most seats. You heard it here first... 

3 hours ago, aaid said:

@hampden_loon2878. Is this one of your Fisherman Friends?  

https://wingsoverscotland.com/ruths-fishy-friends/

not surprised to see that.

2 hours ago, Alibi said:

Is that the same guy who had a TV series made about him and his boat?

no, thats a different john buchan

1 hour ago, DonnyTJS said:

Aaah! - you may well be right. If that's the case I humbly apologise to aaid.

11 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Another great day for Labour. May repeating the same boring rhetoric to Tory party members, while Corbyn speaks very, very well. 

I think the polls will move massively between now and polling day. 

Tories to lose their majority but still win most seats. You heard it here first... 

That's a big shout.

I'm not a gambler, but you'd get great odds on that. If your testicles were big enough of course. Good Luck.

18 minutes ago, aaid said:

Correct, I've actually got a bit of time for Corbyn but have serious doubts about his leadership qualities. 

I keep hearing this but it's not his fault that's he's got people like Mandelson working to undermine his authority at every twist and turn. I'd like him to be more Dennis Skinner-ish but you can't chcnge personality that easily.

1 minute ago, scoobydoo said:

That's a big shout.

I'm not a gambler, but you'd get great odds on that. If your testicles were big enough of course. Good Luck.

I've been betting already :) 

1 minute ago, Third Lanark said:

I keep hearing this but it's not his fault that's he's got people like Mandelson working to undermine his authority at every twist and turn. I'd like him to be more Dennis Skinner-ish but you can't chcnge personality that easily.

I get that he's got the bulk of the PLP and the Blairite faction actively working to undermine him but in part his response - which seems to be to do nothing - highlights the leadership issues I see with him.

I'm not saying you want someone who is completely authoritarian like May is but at times a leader has to be ruthless, especially when it comes to rooting out troublemakers.

He should have moved to deselect some of the more vocal dissenters when he took over two years ago, people like John Mann, John Woodcock and the like and got rid of them.  That would have sent a message to the rest of them and kept them in line.  It might also have won him a bit of respect in the electorate in general. 

14 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Yes that sounds like john, turned into a very bitter angry man,, his reaction will be brilliant when he reads this,, he has the face book page fishing oneards to brexit, wish i weren't blocked from it as they will be having a feel day?? ,, you should see the drivel written in there... before brexit he was just looked at as an angry rangers fan with a chip on his shoulder but as i have said previously a strange sense of mob mentality has taken hold of the brexit mob, really strange to see well respected intelligent people get swepr along with the "mob" not that there are a lot like john as he is crazy..iv had a few run in with him on social media and he can get nasty

7 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Yes that sounds like john, turned into a very bitter angry man,, his reaction will be brilliant when he reads this,, he has the face book page fishing oneards to brexit, wish i weren't blocked from it as they will be having a feel day?? ,, you should see the drivel written in there... before brexit he was just looked at as an angry rangers fan with a chip on his shoulder but as i have said previously a strange sense of mob mentality has taken hold of the brexit mob, really strange to see well respected intelligent people get swepr along with the "mob" not that there are a lot like john as he is crazy..iv had a few run in with him on social media and he can get nasty

C_oIGNPXUAA25uy.jpg

Ruth Davidson's interview on Radio 5 (if someone hasnt posted it already)

1 - Immigrants dont come to Scotland because it's the highest taxed part of the UK

The new tax bands only came into effect on 1st April before you take into account council tax freeze, free prescriptions etc

2 - If the Scottish Government want to mitigate the rape clause (she cant say the rape word) then they can raise taxes in Scotland to pay for it

How anybody can vote for this party never mind this charlatan is beyond me

https://ayerightradio.wordpress.com/2017/05/12/ruth-davidson-car-crash-interview-radio-five-live/

Edited by Ally Bongo

16 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Front page of today's P&J and sounds like he's about to get a chap on his door from Police Scotland. 

Looks like the SNP are going to run with this to have a go at Davidson, so I think things are going to get worse for him. 

37 minutes ago, aaid said:

Front page of today's P&J and sounds like he's about to get a chap on his door from Police Scotland. 

Looks like the SNP are going to run with this to have a go at Davidson, so I think things are going to get worse for him. 

Not only is he a bitter angry man, hopefully he'll be a sorry man too.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/north-east/peterhead/1243409/undefined-headline-2789/?utm_source=twitter

40 minutes ago, aaid said:

If anyone has contacts to wings over Scotland maybe you should point them in the direction of "fishing onwards to brexit" john is admin on there,, vile vile page... i couldnt see a contact on the WOS site to send them a pointer 

18 hours ago, aaid said:

I get that he's got the bulk of the PLP and the Blairite faction actively working to undermine him but in part his response - which seems to be to do nothing - highlights the leadership issues I see with him.

I'm not saying you want someone who is completely authoritarian like May is but at times a leader has to be ruthless, especially when it comes to rooting out troublemakers.

He should have moved to deselect some of the more vocal dissenters when he took over two years ago, people like John Mann, John Woodcock and the like and got rid of them.  That would have sent a message to the rest of them and kept them in line.  It might also have won him a bit of respect in the electorate in general. 

Agree completely there.