Rumour of snap GE -announcement 11.15 - Page 32 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rumour of snap GE -announcement 11.15

22 hours ago, DonnyTJS said:

Maybe I've got this wrong, but I took aaid to be talking about his local constituency candidate, not Corbyn. I assumed he stays in Maidenhead - that's how I read his post anyroad.

Maidenhead United are being presented with the National League South trophy today and I half expect Maggie May to be there - and perhaps doing the presentation - maybe I'll get to have a word with her if she's going to be taking questions from ordinary constituents.

BTW, this was nothing to do with me but kudos to whoever did do this.

http://www.maidenhead-advertiser.co.uk/news/maidenhead/115075/eu-flags-appear-around-the-town-on-europe-day.html

7 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

If anyone has contacts to wings over Scotland maybe you should point them in the direction of "fishing onwards to brexit" john is admin on there,, vile vile page... i couldnt see a contact on the WOS site to send them a pointer 

Buchan has deleted his facebook and twitter account.

He must have read your comment. :lol:

Is this a relative of his?

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2012/may/18/scottish-trawlerman-fisheries-scandal-buchan

If it's any consolation to you, considering they seem like complete nutters up your way :spin: there's one just like him in the pub I used to frequent.

Every village and town must have one.

3 hours ago, antidote said:

Buchan has deleted his facebook and twitter account.

He must have read your comment. :lol:

Is this a relative of his?

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2012/may/18/scottish-trawlerman-fisheries-scandal-buchan

If it's any consolation to you, considering they seem like complete nutters up your way :spin: there's one just like him in the pub I used to frequent.

Every village and town must have one.

There are so much buchans up here it crazy, ian buchan is no relation as far as i am aware but he also is a nasty lad,, owns the quantus pelagic boat,, he should not be mistaken for the Lunar buchans,, they are the opposite,, god fearing folk,, 

39 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Fckin Buchans . 

Aye there are some tory s of Buchan's but like myself you get nationalist ones,, more nationalist buchans than not,,,i sometimes look at the tory ones and think they are defacing the buchan clan and its long history,, 

What the bloody hell .............

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/why-dont-you-f-back-10417461#ICID=sharebar_twitter

James Heappey, English Tory MP defending his seat in Somerset, tells a schoolgirl that supports Scottish independence to "fück off back to Scotland". 

Of course he naturally claims that he was "only joking" :rolleyes:

Guest flumax
10 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/why-dont-you-f-back-10417461#ICID=sharebar_twitter

James Heappey, English Tory MP defending his seat in Somerset, tells a schoolgirl that supports Scottish independence to "fück off back to Scotland". 

Classic ex-milatary joke is telling school children to f#&K off. Civies wouldn't get

3 minutes ago, flumax said:

Can you archive.is it please. 

The man who led Moray to the brink of a Brexit vote has backed the SNP’s Angus Robertson in the general election.

Last year, Paul Briggs and Mr Robertson clashed bitterly over the UK’s place in Europe.

Despite being an SNP member, Mr Briggs encouraged people to vote against the wishes of the party.

And in June, 49.9% of voters in Moray said they wanted out of the European Union.

The Remain camp triumphed by only 122 votes.

Mr Briggs still supports Brexit, but says he has grown disillusioned with Prime Minister Theresa May’s “hard” approach.

And he feels that only Mr Robertson can provide the robust Westminster opposition required to ensure that Scotland’s fishermen are given a fair deal.

However, the Scottish Conservatives condemned the SNP for trying to “spin” Mr Briggs’ support as a victory for the party he is already a member of.

Mr Briggs clarified his position last night, saying only the Nationalists can fight the government on reforming the Common Fisheries Policy (CFP).

He said: “I am still in favour of Brexit, but I will support Mr Robertson because he is the only person that can ask the prime minister the right questions and hold her to account on the promises made about fishing.”

Mr Robertson added: “Regardless of the way people voted in the EU referendum, there is little support for the extreme and damaging hard-Brexit being pursued by the Tories.

“We were told that we could be inside the single market but outside the Common Fisheries Policy. But the UK Government has turned its back on that option.”

The Conservatives have identified Moray as a target seat in the election.

Speculation is mounting that surging support for the Conservatives – as evidenced in last week’s council vote – could topple Mr Robertson’s 9,000 majority from 2015.

A Tory spokesman said Mr Robertson was “feeling the pressure”.

He added: “Mr Briggs’ apparent conversion to the SNP cause is a sham.

“He was an SNP staffer who quit his job with the party last year to run the Leave campaign in Moray.

“He even said then that he would return to the SNP once the referendum was over.

“To try and spin this as a ‘Road to Damascus’ moment is desperate stuff.”

The link below appears to show the Tories latest thing, complaining to authority about the big, bad SNP.

Unfortunately for them we have:

1. Footage of them verbally abusing female activists at a rape clause demo

2. Imagery of them invading the space of activists

3. Photos of them inside the SNP gazebo

4. Police evidence of one Tory taking pictures of an activist's son, denying it to the activist and finally deleting them when cqlled upon to do so by the police

We need to watch how we step in the next month. 

Oh, and it's a crock. Didn't happen.

http://www.midlothianview.com/news/snp-activists-reported-to-police/

Edited by Stapes

Guest flumax
3 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

The man who led Moray to the brink of a Brexit vote has backed the SNP’s Angus Robertson in the general election.............[]

Thanks 

2 hours ago, Stapes said:

The link below appears to show the Tories latest thing, complaining to authority about the big, bad SNP.

Unfortunately for them we have:

1. Footage of them verbally abusing female activists at a rape clause demo

2. Imagery of them invading the space of activists

3. Photos of them inside the SNP gazebo

4. Police evidence of one Tory taking pictures of an activist's son, denying it to the activist and finally deleting them when cqlled upon to do so by the police

We need to watch how we step in the next month. 

Oh, and it's a crock. Didn't happen.

http://www.midlothianview.com/news/snp-activists-reported-to-police/

I would like to know how they managed to park that car on top of the bin.

2 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Jim sillars has been very quiet of late, would be interesting to see if he is backing the snp as he had been very critical following brexit, surely even he sees the need for the snp to pull a strong result in this election 

Will be waiting for the manifesto

I doubt there will be anything about the EU in it

20 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Aye there are some tory s of Buchan's but like myself you get nationalist ones,, more nationalist buchans than not,,,i sometimes look at the tory ones and think they are defacing the buchan clan and its long history,, 

Fckin Buchan chuckin muckin.

I am sure the good guys will prevail hampden_loon. 

9 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Imagine the faux outrage if it was the other way around.

11 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Wonder whether Teresa May will ever be asked about his behaviour.  Somehow I doubt it, there's no way such behaviour can be defended, absolutely appalling.

YouGov poll 9/10th May

Surprisingly not much being said about it

SNP 46% (+5)

Tories 26% (NC)

Labour 14% (-5)

Lib Dems 11% (+2%)

UKIP 2% (WTF)

Greens 1 %

https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/fko52um47n/TimesResults_170510_VI_Trackers_W.pdf