Rumour of snap GE -announcement 11.15 - Page 36 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rumour of snap GE -announcement 11.15

Surely the likely Tax & National Insurance rises along with the state pension triple lock bombshell is going to have an effect on the Pensioner/Tory love in - especially in Scotland ?

The next poll which is taken after these anouncements will be interesting

PS - Have you seen the Sturgeon/Nuttall eybrow gif from last night ?  If not you must - unless you hate the wee yin obviously

58 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

I think Dugdale is heading for a mental breakdown. She is completely out her depth.

I don't follow these things closely, but that's always the impression I get when I see her on tv.

At least unlike her predecessor she's articulate and appears relatively intelligent.

Nutcase Dugdale spent a big chunk of her time yesterday demanding Nicola disown Rev Stu and his site because he made a homophobic tweet.

Only problem is it was not actually homophobic.

He has written to her demanding 10,000 quid for defamation of character. Says he will take het to court. Think he might have a decent case... :lol: 

Man lefties really hate this guy. Makes me like him more.

14 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Nutcase Dugdale spent a big chunk of her time yesterday demanding Nicola disown Rev Stu and his site because he made a homophobic tweet.

Only problem is it was not actually homophobic.

He has written to her demanding 10,000 quid for defamation of character. Says he will take het to court. Think he might have a decent case... :lol: 

That was the most pathetic thing I've seen all week (with the possible exception of Thistle's performance against Celtic last night).  It's the kind of subject you'd expect to see debated in a school classroom, not the Scottish parliament!  

Leaving aside the question of whether the Tweet is homophobic (personally, I think it is cruel to both Mundells but I can't see how it is attacking gay people in general) Campbell isn't even a member or connected to the SNP in any way, as far as I am aware, so what the feck has it got to do with Nicola Sturgeon?  Why not just "call him out" on Twitter and leave it there?  Or, better yet, if the Tweet is homophobic - and thus a 'hate crime' - report it to the polis and let them take care of it?

You should have stopped with Sowell when digesting conservative theory thplinth. You've went and ate the whole buffet all the way to Milo and Coulter.

Now you've even adopted their pigeon-holing terms wholesale.

1 minute ago, scotlad said:

That was the most pathetic thing I've seen all week (with the possible exception of Thistle's performance against Celtic last night).  It's the kind of subject you'd expect to see debated in a school classroom, not the Scottish parliament!  

It just makes you despair that parliament can get bogged down in such a petty debate.

29 minutes ago, thplinth said:

She got telt for sure. It was a completely stupid line of attack. 

32 minutes ago, thplinth said:

I can see why many dislike him but I like the cut of his jib. Has something to say and doesn't give two ####s what people think about it. More people should be like him and then something might get done. Instead you have complete soft cocks who start greeting whenever someone upsets their pathetically weak sensibilities.

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

I don't follow these things closely, but that's always the impression I get when I see her on tv.

At least unlike her predecessor she's articulate and appears relatively intelligent.

There has been a whole cavalcade of dimwits its hard to remember the order of them. 

12 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

There has been a whole cavalcade of dimwits its hard to remember the order of them. 

Joanne Lamont, maybe she wasn't her immediate predecessor, but that's who I was meaning.

4 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

oh aye, her. she came across as being thick as shit.

Was like the old people you get in most works that you don't actually know how or why they're there, but they've been there that long that they've worked their way up to middle management despite being completely useless.

I'm presuming there was just a complete vacuum of willing and able leaders when they chose Kezia Dugdale?

45 minutes ago, phart said:

You should have stopped with Sowell when digesting conservative theory thplinth. You've went and ate the whole buffet all the way to Milo and Coulter.

Now you've even adopted their pigeon-holing terms wholesale.

thplinth used the term "cuck" on another thread (can't remember which one).

That actually prompted me to finally google its meaning. 

Kezia was never intended to be leader. She was Deputy Dug remember. 

It was only Jim Murphy's career ending performance in the 2015 General Election that ended his brief tenure as SLAB leader.

Clearly that seismic result threw them off course and Kezia as deputy was the easiest choice for a rattled party.

Since then she has lurched from one crisis to the next as Labour dropped from opposition to irrelevance at Holyrood.

None of that matters of course as SNP baaaaaaddddd (repeat to infinity)

SNP vote is steady-ish. 40-44% from the last few polls. Whilst the Tories seem to have picked up support from everyone including natural Tories who probably voted SNP in Angus, Perthshire, Aberdeenshire etc to keep Labour out years ago.

I think that Robertson  and Wishart will keep their seats. 

The Tories also will probably get 5-6 seats at most and miss out in Edinburgh South, Renfrewshire East etc due to strong 3 way battles.

Edited by weekevie04

Guest flumax
32 minutes ago, weekevie04 said:

SNP vote is steady-ish. 40-44% from the last few polls. Whilst the Tories seem to have picked up support from everyone including natural Tories who probably voted SNP in Angus, Perthshire, Aberdeenshire etc to keep Labour out years ago.

The Tories also will probably get 5-6 seats at most and miss out in Edinburgh South, Renfrewshire East etc due to strong 3 way battles.

I'd snap your hand off for this 50 seats including big beasts. 

Going on today's yougov numbers in electoralcalculus gives 49 snp, but no Wishart, Robertson. 

http://www.scotlandvotes.com/wshare/ffqzamhmd6 gives 47, similarly Wishart, Robertson gone 

Both  suggesting 8 tory. 

Obviously just number based and guess work on regional patterns. 

As i mentioned in another thread - these polls have been done prior to the Tory Manifesto

All the pensioners lining up to vote Tory may not be so keen now

Edit - and regardless of party politics - if the people of Moray vote for the fvcking muppet the Tories have put up over a guy like Robertson they deserve everything they get

Edited by Ally Bongo

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

Actually phart that was a genuine observation. It does seem to me that the 'left' finds him to be a particular bugbear for some reason. It was noticeable on here as well.

You mean scunnered doesn't like him, that's basically the left on here.

1 hour ago, weekevie04 said:

Struggling to see how Wishart will be overturned, he got just over 50% of the vote in 2015 on a pretty high turnout of 75%.  The Tories got 33% which is over the top end of where they are polling nationally.  It's hard to see where the additional votes they'll need will come from..

Robertson will be under pressure, in the main because of local issues related to Brexit and his majority isn't as large as others.  I think a lot will come down to his personal vote as much as anything, especially as he's up against the man with three jobs, so it'll be interesting to know how that's playing out locally.