Rumour of snap GE -announcement 11.15 - Page 38 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rumour of snap GE -announcement 11.15

Guest flumax
9 hours ago, wellyman said:

I am all for democracy but anyone voting Conservative should be shot  !!! 

I'm less hostile than you. 

Simply £1000 tory voting fee. If you can stump that up easily, no bother conservatives could well be the party for you.

If you have a twinge of you  couldn't really afford it, then you're not a tory and it gives you a hint of what it'll be like if  you're ill, lose your job etc 

44 minutes ago, flumax said:

I'm less hostile than you. 

Simply £1000 tory voting fee. If you can stump that up easily, no bother conservatives could well be the party for you.

If you have a twinge of you  couldn't really afford it, then you're not a tory and it gives you a hint of what it'll be like if  you're ill, lose your job etc 

Brilliant, I do like that. Trouble is, loads-o-money folk would vote Tory, just to show off.   Aw, wait a minute...

On 19/05/2017 at 0:29 PM, sbcmfc said:

Talking about lowering the debate to the gutter, who's the bird behind Nicola Sturgeon?

:wub:

Hauns aff ma burd sunshine or a molication of inordinate proportions will befall you!! 

:ph34r:

2 hours ago, flumax said:

Spoke with a snp canvasser in banff and buchan yesterday, he seems positive with the feed back so far, hes been out 3 times and says that thise who backed the snp are in large still voting the same,, hopefully his optimism is justified come polling day 

I think the local elections a couple of weeks ago are a good indication of what will happen in the general election. The SNP vote share will hold firm though may lose around five seats. The mainstream media will jizz off swearing the Tories are on the march when in all reality all that will have happened is that the yoons are voting tactically throwing more votes behind Tories so whereas Labour and Tory used to cut each others throats taking votes off each other that will be less of the case this time. 

2 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Latest from ringpiece McDougall

DATB9MuXsAAxz92.jpg

I really want to fückin beat that smug, arrogant cünt McDougall so much.

Kirsten Oswald is the most progressive MP East Renfrewshire has ever had. She's stood up for pensions, the welfare state, constituents in trouble abroad and has voted against replacing WMDs and airstrikes in Syria. I'm quietly confident she'll get most of the working class vote in Barrhead anyway.

Murphy wasn't the only right wing zoomer we've had in East Ren as MP. Some may remember the recently deceased Allan Stewart (MP for here between 1979-1997) who once attacked some tree huggers with a pick axe and had to be restrained by the police. And further back there was Betty Harvie Anderson (MP between 1959-1979) who was one of the most determined Scottish Tory voices in the House of Commons against any form of devolution such was her contempt for her country.

Guest flumax
27 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Latest from ringpiece McDougall

DATB9MuXsAAxz92.jpg

Didn't know the first minister was resigning and running for Westminster election

7 minutes ago, Parklife said:

YouGov Poll. CON 44% LAB35% LDEM 9% UKIP 3%

From 21% to 9% in 2.5 weeks.

I don't think that's an outlier as other polls are showing a similar movement,

Corbyn is obviously a long way back but in a lot of ways, he doesn't have to win to win. 

May called this election with the expectation she would increase her majority - and in fact was looking like a landslide.  If she doesn't significantly improve on the 2015 result then calling this election backfires on her.  She'll probably still be PM and will have a majority but she's played her ace card and been trumped.

The cynic in me believes that after the bad press the Tories are getting after their manifesto they need people to believe there is a real chance of a "coalition of chaos" to shore up their vote

Lets have some polls showing it's possible

Guest flumax
28 minutes ago, Parklife said:

YouGov Poll. CON 44% LAB35% LDEM 9% UKIP 3%

From 21% to 9% in 2.5 weeks.

Game on. 

Still heading for tory majority. I'm hoping sub 50 leading to pressure  as to why did we bother. 

Guest flumax
13 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

The cynic in me believes that after the bad press the Tories are getting after their manifesto they need people to believe there is a real chance of a "coalition of chaos" to shore up their vote

Could be. But seeing as so far it's been presidential for May with a nasty manifesto,  can't see how they can turn it around if people flood back to labour. 

2 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

I take your point, but nah. The Tories (and their pet press) have relied on the message that Corbyn is useless and unelectable. Anything that weakens that narrative is (on the whole) not good for them.

2m registered to vote since election was called. 150k since the Tory Manifesto was announced. The highest proportion registering are those classed a young people. I think Labour and Corbyn have run a great campaign and hopefully it can at least reduce the apocalyptic forecasts.

9 hours ago, they've_been_suckered said:

Would you vote labour Parkie?

Of course. 

2 hours ago, EddardStark said:

2m registered to vote since election was called. 150k since the Tory Manifesto was announced. The highest proportion registering are those classed a young people. I think Labour and Corbyn have run a great campaign and hopefully it can at least reduce the apocalyptic forecasts.

40% of that 2 million are 18-25 year olds. :) 

Andrew Marr is completely filleting Damian Green over the Dementia Tax.  I wonder how long it'll be before they do another U-turn and drop it as its a complete vote-loser in their core vote. 

3 hours ago, EddardStark said:

I like Corbyn's campaigning style and I think a lot of other folk do too.

5 minutes ago, aaid said:

Andrew Marr is completely filleting Damian Green over the Dementia Tax.  I wonder how long it'll be before they do another U-turn and drop it as its a complete vote-loser in their core vote. 

Along with the winter fuel payments since they wont be telling anyone what the income limit is before the election ...and it wont be just below Mick Jagger's income level

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

I like Corbyn's campaigning style and I think a lot of other folk do too.

Glad folk on here starting to warm to Corbyn. Please don't equate ScotLab branch office with the real thing. Look at the size of JC's rallies; when was the last time you saw people of that number show up for political rallies? How many does the supposedly popular May turn out?