Rumour of snap GE -announcement 11.15 - Page 39 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rumour of snap GE -announcement 11.15

15 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Glad folk on here starting to warm to Corbyn. Please don't equate ScotLab branch office with the real thing. Look at the size of JC's rallies; when was the last time you saw people of that number show up for political rallies? How many does the supposedly popular May turn out?

Absolutely. I like him and the Labour manifesto is exciting. 

I won't be voting for him though - England has to do that and if they do, then like any normal country there could well be a progressive coalition. 

The recent polls over the past few days showing Labour getting to and within single digits are exciting and hopefully Corbyn can go on and close the gap further. I'm stuck in two minds though - the media will now spin this in to a a hung-parliament etc so get out and vote Tory ; but the 2 million new registered voters and I don't think Labour will do as badly in their 'heartlands' as some journos were predicting at the start along with some hopefully stay at home OAPs will balance it all out. Feck knows though.

One thing though, the Lib Dems are having a disaster and I'd love to see them wiped out. The Tories - you know what you get with them and I don't like them, but there's something just awful about the Dems that I cannot abide. Power-hungry, weark-willed, and lots of other double-descriptive things to say about them and their MPs, but I'll shut up for noo.

Edited by weekevie04

39 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Glad folk on here starting to warm to Corbyn. Please don't equate ScotLab branch office with the real thing. Look at the size of JC's rallies; when was the last time you saw people of that number show up for political rallies? How many does the supposedly popular May turn out?

Even though he has alienated most SNP members with his pish views on Scottish Independence i believe most of us want the rest of the UK to vote for Corbyn Labour - the alternative being far worse

11 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Even though he has alienated most SNP members with his pish views on Scottish Independence i believe most of us want the rest of the UK to vote for Corbyn Labour - the alternative being far worse

Well give him his due. In the Labour manifesto he promises a second independence referendum which is far more than the Tories have done. 

I'm pretty sure I heard Kezia Dugdale on the radio this morning saying the election shouldn't be about the constitution, then in the next breath say her mission was to say no to independence.

Maybe if there's a Labour surge she'll change her tune and start attacking the Tories more, as she may need to rely on the SNP to help keep a May majority down.

Just now, Orraloon said:

Are you sure about that?

I'm almost certain we would have heard about it especially from Rape Clause Harrison

I havent

27 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

My apologies. You are correct Orraloon as just had quick look at manifesto. It just goes to show what nonsense the STV news shows.

I'm not often wrong.

I remember one occasion back in 1996....................

:lol:

48 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

I think in the not too distant he would listen to calls for indy 2; I do not think he is doctrinally opposed to indy.

He won't back independence but he'll not block a referendum. 

I see this as a test of the electorate in the UK. Corbyn should do better than expected. An honest principled man who his whole political life stuck by his core beliefs no matter how out of fashion and someone who does not seem to have a corrupt bone in his body.... so May landslide then. Hope not but we will see.

Alex Massie has been at it again in the Spectator. SNP seemingly are on the brink of collapse and Scotland is gradually returning to the good old Caledonian Conservatives :lol:

Nick Cohen also has the most ridiculously and childishly petty anti-Corbyn article in it as well. 

Edited by ErsatzThistle

Most biased debate since the last time ?

BBC Scotland go a wee step further ?

Same Conservative plant in audience that was on Question Time the other week ?

Concentrate on devolved issues rather than the GE ?

Never watched as i predicted it would be

Not just another plant

The wife of the Tory councillor that got almost 5 minutes of airtime on Question Time

The same wife that is a Nurse but works for BUPA rather than the NHS

She also gets 5 minutes of back and forth airtime rubbishing the Scottish NHS

Beyond a joke

2 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Not just another plant

The wife of the Tory councillor that got almost 5 minutes of airtime on Question Time

Beyond a joke

This is a huge story.
Not least because the BBC analysis later focused on the nurse (rather than politicians) being star of the show...

Guest flumax
7 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Not just another plant

Beyond a joke

Any evidence of this? 

Guest flumax

Terrible leader debate. Completely off topic.

Looking forward to the next episode of off the ball... Think I'll phone in and give my views on the new Alien movie. I expect they'll let me speak at length. 

Only Harvey had it in him to say that's devolved, it's a general election, let's talk about that. Pathetic by Smith 

11 minutes ago, flumax said:
15 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Seems to be tinternet whispers...

https://mobile.twitter.com/ClaireNursey

No then. 

Would appear to have been 2+2 = trap

She was sitting next to Tory councillor Holford on Question Time 2 weeks ago

Holford's wife is a Nurse with Bupa

She isnt Holford's wife but she doesnt go to food banks either as inferred & earns £22,345

Edited by Ally Bongo