Rumour of snap GE -announcement 11.15 - Page 40 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rumour of snap GE -announcement 11.15

Guest flumax
3 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Would appear to have been 2+2 = trap

She was sitting next to Tory councillor Holford on Question Time 2 weeks ago

Holford's wife is a Nurse with Bupa

She isnt Holford's wife but she doesnt go to food banks either

How is it a trap?Just people jumping to false conclusions. The most logical explanation is the most likely,. really need to do some contortions to believe BBC/tory working in cahoots on this. 

1 minute ago, flumax said:

How is it a trap?Just people jumping to false conclusions. The most logical explanation is the most likely,. really need to do some contortions to believe BBC/tory working in cahoots on this. 

Probably a mixture of paranoia & unbelievable coincidences 

Claire Allison sitting next to Tory councillors Eric Holford and Alex Allison on QT

Maybe if she didnt lie about using foodbanks

DAYQLHUXcAUZDHJ.jpg

Guest flumax
11 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Probably a mixture of paranoia & unbelievable coincidences 

Claire Allison sitting next to Tory councillors Eric Holford and Alex Allison on QT

Maybe if she didnt lie about using foodbanks

DAYQLHUXcAUZDHJ.jpg

Claire Austin now being brandished.

E. G. https://mobile.twitter.com/iansinkins/status/866399587820609539

Edited by flumax

1 minute ago, DonnyTJS said:

You know, since internet search engines started using algorithms, there's really no need for humans mindlessly to post any old shite just because it contains the phrase 'BBC plant' ...

Mon the triffids...

BTW you have really been away too long to comment with any understanding of the reality of living here and seeing this shite daily.

8 minutes ago, DonnyTJS said:

You know, since internet search engines started using algorithms, there's really no need for humans mindlessly to post any old shite just because it contains the phrase 'BBC plant' ...

This is her at the foodbank 3 months ago (from twatter i'm not stalking)

Obviously she could have got herself into financial difficulty since then ......

DAYRjWDXoAADjrQ.jpg

Edited by Ally Bongo

This nurse shite is probably going to end up much bigger than it really should be cause a few nuggets seem to think she is married to a Tory councilor.

If you want to see SNP MPs, get out and help your local team not spouting shite on Twitter than actually harms the SNP more than it should. This will no doubt end up with a "My Cybernat Hell" and will run for a few days thanks to this.

Who would have remembered her after tonight? No one.

Thankfully Davidson was absolutely awful and the SNP have their manifesto launch on Tues.

Just now, weekevie04 said:

This nurse shite is probably going to end up much bigger than it really should be cause a few nuggets seem to think she is married to a Tory councilor.

If you want to see SNP MPs, get out and help your local team not spouting shite on Twitter than actually harms the SNP more than it should. This will no doubt end up with a "My Cybernat Hell" and will run for a few days thanks to this.

Who would have remembered her after tonight? No one.

Thankfully Davidson was absolutely awful and the SNP have their manifesto launch on Tues.

Not really - because she has been outed as a complete liar

Not only that but she was invited back after question time to ensure she could tell those lies

She stated that she couldnt afford to live on her wage & had to use foodbanks

39 minutes ago, mariokempes56 said:

Mon the triffids...

BTW you have really been away too long to comment with any understanding of the reality of living here and seeing this shite daily.

Point taken, although I think I was intending to comment more on some folk's tendency to fall for confirmation bias with internet sourced info generally; the 'BBC plant' thing just being a useful and amusing hook to hang it on.

On a wider point, a number of us comment with greater or lesser understanding on, for instance, US politics while not living there, and my record on musing on here about events in UK politics isn't too bad (suggesting that Corbyn would upset the predicted Tory landslide weeks before the polls started to suggest the same, to take the most recent example - plenty of time to be proved utterly wrong on that one, of course).

I know the BBC's biased, and I know I don't get the full picture, but "2 + 2 = trap"? A bloke's got to be allowed a laugh occasionally ... :)

2 minutes ago, DonnyTJS said:

I know the BBC's biased, and I know I don't get the full picture, but "2 + 2 = trap"? A bloke's got to be allowed a laugh occasionally ... :)

I am 99% convinced that this incident is another Clare Lally mission by Scottish Labour.

Clare Lally was paraded as the "ordinary mum" on BBC and STV to attack the SNP.

In the subsequent days the MSM focused on cybernats attacking this ordinary mum and what a disgrace it was.

They deliberately omitted that she was being attacked for being a Scottish Labour activist and a deliberate plant.

The woman tonight was brought back from Question Time two weeks ago where she was sitting between the two Councillors planted by the Tories who both got to ask a question.

She said she was asked back because she didnt get to ask her question which was an attack on the SNP on the NHS - Think about that

The NHS is a devolved issue (as is education)

Both were topics in a debate about the General Election

She said she has to use foodbanks when her FB and Twitter feed is full of pictures from New York and of her daughter that she sends to private school in Edinburgh.

Before she deleted her past facebook timeline stories she referred to Nicola Sturgeon as Jimmy Krankie

Duncan Hothersall and other Labour activists are now the most prominent voices attacking the pesky Cybernats for accusing her wrongly of being the wife of a Tory councillor

It wasnt a designed trap for tonight - It's been one that has been used previously by Scottish Labour and the Scottish Labour centric BBC Scotland

Sadly they now have the Tory Councillor wife angle as well as the "ordinary" NHS mum to run with

they are now saying she is the daughter of the Tory councillor Alex Allison  .... the hysteria behind this could be damaging for the SNP after the Horror show by Davidson and will probably deflect from her poor performance

7 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

She stated that she couldnt afford to live on her wage & had to use foodbanks

Really ? Her take home pay is about 1500 from her stated wage of 22,345 (assuming she NEVER does any overtime or shift work). How is that not enough money to live life to a pretty decent standard ?

I didn't see the "Leaders" debate last night, so I am a little confused this morning.
Cuillin FM news and many social media contributors are saying that an audience member contributed last night by saying that she was a nurse and she had been forced to use foodbanks.
However, BBC Radio Scotland's correspondent this morning said that the contributor had said that she was a nurse and that nurses had been forced to use foodbanks.
A subtle but important distinction, I'm sure you would agree.
Can anyone shed any light?

9 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

This is her at the foodbank 3 months ago (from twatter i'm not stalking)

Obviously she could have got herself into financial difficulty since then ......

DAYRjWDXoAADjrQ.jpg

Fitting in an extra shift as a waitress?

Are folk saying that councillors shouldn't be allowed to attend these things? What's wrong with councillors (Tory or otherwise) asking questions?

If folk are concerned about BBC bias then they should be attacking the BBC, NOT the folk they may or, may not, be using to perpetuate that bias.

33 minutes ago, Flure said:

I didn't see the "Leaders" debate last night, so I am a little confused this morning.
Cuillin FM news and many social media contributors are saying that an audience member contributed last night by saying that she was a nurse and she had been forced to use foodbanks.
However, BBC Radio Scotland's correspondent this morning said that the contributor had said that she was a nurse and that nurses had been forced to use foodbanks.
A subtle but important distinction, I'm sure you would agree.
Can anyone shed any light?

She said that she had to use foodbanks.

1 minute ago, EddardStark said:

Latest figures from Elect Commission show that seven million have not registered to vote and the deadline is tonight.

I think it was about 10 million last time round. These are just guesstimates though. 

7 hours ago, FuNsTeR said:

they are now saying she is the daughter of the Tory councillor Alex Allison  .... the hysteria behind this could be damaging for the SNP after the Horror show by Davidson and will probably deflect from her poor performance

Maybe the 'hysteria' is just among the online activists and keyboard warriors. 

The integrity of the BBC maybe has more traction. While they may always be able to defend their mysterious processes of selecting audiences and selecting questions, the presenter may have some explaining to do if she said that the high number of devolved-issue questions were instigated by the audience, if in fact the BBC specifically asked the questioner on to this programme, knowing her question.

I don't see a problem of councillors asking questions but they should be made to declare their allegiance. Councillors' families is another matter, of course.

Probably the whole format of these programmes is in danger of becoming out-dated, as the idea of an 'ordinary member of the public' gets harder to define, when so many are publicly online campaigners of one sort or another.

10 hours ago, mariokempes56 said:

Mon the triffids...

I owe you an apology, Mario. I've now watched the 'debate', or at least the relevant part of it (c. 34:00), thanks to Flure's prompting above, and she's a glaringly obvious activist, and Flure's point about the reporting of it is bang on. My point about jumping onto any internet claim that suits one's agenda stands (in terms of the fake claim that she's married to a Tory councillor) but I shouldn't have waded in.

I don't know what the answer is regarding TV political programmes that include audience participation. There's no reason why councillors (as others say above) or activists for that matter shouldn't be involved, and you can't really stop folk lying about the degree of poverty in which they feel they live (who knows, maybe she has been scrounging from a foodbank, though I'd be well pissed off if she has having donated to 'em whenever I'm back).

Exile speaks a lot of sense above.

41 minutes ago, exile said:

Maybe the 'hysteria' is just among the online activists and keyboard warriors. 

The integrity of the BBC maybe has more traction. While they may always be able to defend their mysterious processes of selecting audiences and selecting questions, the presenter may have some explaining to do if she said that the high number of devolved-issue questions were instigated by the audience, if in fact the BBC specifically asked the questioner on to this programme, knowing her question.

I don't see a problem of councillors asking questions but they should be made to declare their allegiance. Councillors' families is another matter, of course.

Probably the whole format of these programmes is in danger of becoming out-dated, as the idea of an 'ordinary member of the public' gets harder to define, when so many are publicly online campaigners of one sort or another.

she was on two BBC sanctioned political debates in Scotland back to back Question time in Edinburgh and last night .... what's the chances of that ?

I would have thought that the bigger question here is why the BBC deliberately focused the debate on devolved issues when it was supposed to be a GE debate. It is obviously a clear attempt to focus the discussion on the SNP record in government at Holyrood and to steer folk away from the vile Tory policies coming out of Westminster.