Rumour of snap GE -announcement 11.15 - Page 44 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rumour of snap GE -announcement 11.15

2 minutes ago, aaid said:

And notably, fieldwork done *after* the Manchester bomb. 

We are now in "Vote SNP get Tory" territory

Just now, Ally Bongo said:

We are now in "Vote SNP get Tory" territory

I think we're more in hung parliament territory but this time it doesn't seem - yet - that England is as scared of the SNP as they were in 2015.   Or at least people are more hacked off at the Tories than they are bothered about the SNP.

Interesting quandary for any Labour voters thinking about voting tactically for a Tory to keep the SNP out though.

That poll is very interesting...
Very quietly Labour are making a notable comeback in the polls.

I would love to see the reaction if SNP became kingmakers as result of Theresa Mays snap election ;)
Though still suspect Corbyn would roll over and let the Tories form a government if the parliament was hung.

2 hours ago, Haggis_trap said:

I would love to see the reaction if SNP became kingmakers as result of Theresa Mays snap election ;)
Though still suspect Corbyn would roll over and let the Tories form a government if the parliament was hung.

Sticking those figures into Electoral Calculus still gives the Tories an overall majority of 28 though.

9 hours ago, aaid said:

I think we're more in hung parliament territory

As someone who has backed the Government to be a Tory minority, i do hope so ;) 

7 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Sticking those figures into Electoral Calculus still gives the Tories an overall majority of 28 though.

I got a Tory majority of 10.  Used SNP at 45 and Tories and Labour at 25 and 20 in Scotland respectively. 

Here is the thing : to claim moral victory and justify calling a snap election May needs a big result and large majority.
Winning by just ten seats would somewhat of an embarrassment....

Though I am not sure polling trends are accurate.
However UK needs credible opposition more than ever.

13 hours ago, Haggis_trap said:

Then you don't know Corbyn. He has a backbone. The only danger is the treacherous right wing who infect the PLP, not the 600,000 ordinary members.

9 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Is anyone still in any doubt that Claire Austin is another Clare Lally of the Labour party ?

https://wingsoverscotland.com/kezia-dugdale-fact-check-part-682/

There's a big difference IMHO.  Clare Lally was put forward as an "ordinary mum" at a Better Together event by the Labour Party.  She may have been a mum but she had links to the Labour Party and so wasn't "ordinary member of the general public plucked off the street" which is how they were trying to portray her.

Clare Austin might not be all she says she is but I suspect that misrepresentation is solely down to her.

Kezia is clearly trying to get her on board but that's probably because even Scottish Labour's plants have deserted them. 

55 minutes ago, aaid said:

Clare Austin might not be all she says she is but I suspect that misrepresentation is solely down to her.

Kezia is clearly trying to get her on board but that's probably because even Scottish Labour's plants have deserted them. 

What about the Jimmy Krankie references to Nicola on her FB page ?

It would seem she didnt have any allegiances to the Tories - again on her FB page she ironically criticised the Tory councillor plants on QT - so who does that leave ?

What about Dugdale making sure the camera and mic went to her a second time on QT ?

Dugdale also got her home address rather quickly

I cannot believe that the misinterpretation was all thought up by Nurse Claire

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

What about the Jimmy Krankie references to Nicola on her FB page ?

It would seem she didnt have any allegiances to the Tories - again on her FB page she ironically criticised the Tory councillor plants on QT - so who does that leave ?

What about Dugdale making sure the camera and mic went to her a second time on QT ?

Dugdale also got her home address rather quickly

I cannot believe that the misinterpretation was all thought up by Nurse Claire

Clearly she is no fan of the SNP or the FM. That doesn't translate to her being planted by the Labour Party though. 

If she was 'affiliated' to the Labour Party don't you think she'd already have been on platform with Dugdale already this week?

48 minutes ago, aaid said:

If she was 'affiliated' to the Labour Party don't you think she'd already have been on platform with Dugdale already this week?

That would be too obvious even for the morons in Scottish Labour

Before the Manchester attack I was starting to think that the conservatives wanted to lose their majority. 

Not the worst time to either lose the election or be in a coalition, let labour deal with leaving the EU (which the EU will do everything they can do make unsuccessful) the Scottish dilemma and the next inevitable banking crisis. 

Tories challenge Gordon Brown to say whether federal UK plans mean referendum

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/27/tories-challenge-gordon-brown-say-whether-federal-uk-plans-mean/

that's a new one - as Labour never even took their own idea seriously enough to think through what it would mean, giving the Tories a chance to claim to be the only true 'no referendum' party

1 hour ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

From another poll by the same company.

http://scotgoespop.blogspot.co.uk/2017/05/surveymonkey-subsample-finds-54-of.html

Polls are pish. Just ignore them. Especially when they start telling you what you want to hear.

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

From another poll by the same company.

http://scotgoespop.blogspot.co.uk/2017/05/surveymonkey-subsample-finds-54-of.html

Polls are pish. Just ignore them. Especially when they start telling you what you want to hear.

Just grt the feeling we are in for a rough election, maybe the media spin rubbing off, i hope so.

5 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Survey Monkey ?. You do know you'd be as well (from twitter) basing the same article on a conversation overheard at the bus stop or a show of hands at the bingo ?

4 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Survey Monkey ?. You do know you'd be as well (from twitter) basing the same article on a conversation overheard at the bus stop or a show of hands at the bingo ?

Does Survey Monkey target the over 60s?